What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Hindmarsh

Runaround Man

Juniors
I thought Hindy played well. When he went off our defence looked diabolical, when he came back on it was 0 - 25 and things started to turn for us.

I think he is very important to the team. I really don't agree with the comments bagging Hindy at all. Prop is a good position for him. I just don't think he should be off for so long though. The other forwards really struggled without Hindy in there tackling everything that moved.

Were all you folks at the game watching?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Hindy stays. It's not as if he's keeping a superstar junior out of first grade.

He isn't going THAT bad. Relax.

We score 2 more points today and this thread doesn't exist.

High Flyers

Juniors
kearney should go before hindy. if i was hindy i wouldnt bow out without a fight, and would take kearney down with me

Unfortunately and it makes me sad to say but the fight that Ive become used to seeing from Hindmarsh is no longer there...

yy_cheng

Coach
Not defending Kearney here: but how would you use him?

He can't play prop, which he's been trying to do for the last 4 weeks. He just lacks the go forward.

He's not a modern backrower, doesn't have the speed or the hole running ability.

How can he be used?

hindy has no drive left inhis legs in attack but he possesses a very good offload. he should be alowed to offload and use his strength kn tackles to offload. do u guys remember the crow towards the end? he was slow but was full of strength. he would stand in tackles and offload to the zip zip man or bert.

that is how hindy should be used

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hindy stays. It's not as if he's keeping a superstar junior out of first grade.

He isn't going THAT bad. Relax.

We score 2 more points today and this thread doesn't exist.

I doubt that...Parramatta fans would still have whinged had we won because we sucked for 60 minutes...

High Flyers

Juniors
hindy has no drive left inhis legs in attack but he possesses a very good offload. he should be alowed to offload and use his strength kn tackles to offload. do u guys remember the crow towards the end? he was slow but was full of strength. he would stand in tackles and offload to the zip zip man or bert.

that is how hindy should be used

Spot on.. Thats exactly what I would love to hindy! Giving younger players the game winning offload. Maybe we have seen the end of the 80min, 70 tackles per game hindmarsh just as we saw the end of his running game earlier in his career.

He has a spot in the team, he has earned that. Maybe his role needs to evolve for 2012...!

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Who is gunna replace him? Lasalo, Horo, Shack... Esi

Agreed he is in the twilight of his career, thats why he is retiring this year, but none of the above are even fit to replace him on their best of days! If Nathan could take less of a role in the forwards I'm sure he wouldn't be as exposed as he has recently which is more of a critisim of the rest of the pack.

Our problem is radical change as much as it is execution. Have the same team play 6 games consectutively and see the difference. What is the longest spell we have had an unchanged team for?

Springs

First Grade
How about he goes back to playing lock like he should be?

For f**k's sake he has already retired and idiot fans are still pestering him. How the f**k does he not deserve, after all he has given Parramatta and us fans, to play out the rest of the season and leave on his own terms?

You said he was in no way responsible for losing the game yesterday, so why the hell call for his retirement?

Springs

First Grade
Also denying him of his proper send off against the Dragons in Round 26, WHEN IT SHOULD BE. Hindmarsh is a good lock, not all backrowers have to just stand out in the centres and run into a hole once a game with their so-called 'hole-running ability'. Fans were complaining about his lack of go forward before, so Kearney puts him at prop. What? How f**king stupid.

Sick of Parramatta fans really. The amount of tributes and sadness that followed after he announced his retirement, now f**kwits are saying shit like this, that he should retire immediately. Some Eels fans are just a bunch of disloyal, whinging idiots.

Gronk

Staff member
Joke. Hindy is not the reason why we are not completing sets and missing tackles.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Joke. Hindy is not the reason why we are not completing sets and missing tackles.

Nor has he been accused of that.

The sad thing is that I'm just not seeing much motor in him anymore. That's what made him an outstanding player for so long.

Now he's Lasalo without leg drive...

Gronk

Staff member
That may be so, but I'm more than happy for him to make his 50 tackles a match and play out the year with the respect he deserves.

#wewontmakethe8anyway

oldmancraigy

Coach
Also denying him of his proper send off against the Dragons in Round 26, WHEN IT SHOULD BE. Hindmarsh is a good lock, not all backrowers have to just stand out in the centres and run into a hole once a game with their so-called 'hole-running ability'. Fans were complaining about his lack of go forward before, so Kearney puts him at prop. What? How f**king stupid.

Sick of Parramatta fans really. The amount of tributes and sadness that followed after he announced his retirement, now f**kwits are saying shit like this, that he should retire immediately. Some Eels fans are just a bunch of disloyal, whinging idiots.

Don't deny he deserves a proper send off.

But I'm also sick of playing 5 on 6 in the forward battles. My loyalty is to the club, not to my all time favourite Eels player.

I don't want to see us come last just so we can give Hindy an appropriate send-off. If he's going to play good footy - great! Otherwise I'd rather have Maitua, Ryan and Paulo playing 80 minutes with Hindy on the bench in case of emergency....

DeanPay98

Juniors
Who is gunna replace him? Lasalo, Horo, Shack... Esi

Agreed he is in the twilight of his career, thats why he is retiring this year, but none of the above are even fit to replace him on their best of days! If Nathan could take less of a role in the forwards I'm sure he wouldn't be as exposed as he has recently which is more of a critisim of the rest of the pack.

Our problem is radical change as much as it is execution. Have the same team play 6 games consectutively and see the difference. What is the longest spell we have had an unchanged team for?

I think Hindy's replacement will have to come from outside the Eels roster. Fensom and Buhrer look good, but they probably aren't available any time soon.

Of the players we do have, Mat Ryan looks promising.

born an eel

Bench
Don't deny he deserves a proper send off.

But I'm also sick of playing 5 on 6 in the forward battles. My loyalty is to the club, not to my all time favourite Eels player.

I don't want to see us come last just so we can give Hindy an appropriate send-off. If he's going to play good footy - great! Otherwise I'd rather have Maitua, Ryan and Paulo playing 80 minutes with Hindy on the bench in case of emergency....
do you realise he spent more time on the bench than on the field and all our points were scored when he was on the field?

Also if you were at the game you would have noticed that they stayed on the field after the final hooter and Hindy, Mannah etc were speaking to them, showing they still have the spirit.