What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol @ QLDers who for years called us idiots.

Then again was it a trap.......

So many laughed and saidyou dont pick.

We do you target him. And own us.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I died a little tonight. Really I didn't want him to play badly.. His a top bloke, but games like that happen.. Farah was dumped for years after a shocker.

gronkathon

First Grade
The truly baffling thing is how Pearce remains.

He practiced all off season and blew his wad in Game 1. All he has is a ball to Lewis. Nothing else at all

Danish

Referee
I wanted to eat my words tonight. I wanted Merritt to show me to know absolutely nothing about footy.

Unfortunately it turns out I am the doyen of footy that I always believed I was :sarcasm:

Never let this merkin near a rep jersey again. Absolutely pathetic effort. Missed more tackles than he made tonight. Let in more points than he gained metres as well.

f**k him off, never to play again. Another media darling selection costs us

HowHigh

Coach
I feel sorry for Merritt. He was the worst player on the field by a mile but I blame the selectors for it really. Was it ever going to be a different result with him there?

Packy

Bench
haha what a clusterf**k. Soo many of us called it but remained optomistic. We got shat on fella's.

Can't wait to hear the usual "wasn't his fault" from the press and players as if we don't watch as much if not more footy than them.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I spent the last month writing essays on why Merritt isn't as good as Ferguson but whatever Ferguson acted like a genius and this is what happens.

Origin does require a certain level of physical presence. His positional play was garbage but so was Morris. The real problem was the forwards though. As I said in the game day thread mal only played papalii out of charity. The Queensland pack probably gets beat up more playing a club game. It was soft and an area nsw should have done the job.

Burwood

Bench
Apparently Mundine is already on his way to Brisbane so he'll be able to offer Merritt support when they fly back to Sydney together tomorrow.

Meth

Staff member
Laurie Daley has just said that it was his plan for Merritt to come in and jam Inglis.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Laurie Daley has just said that it was his plan for Merritt to come in and jam Inglis.

Yeah fergo did it once or twice in game 1. The raiders do it a lot so I just thought it was a raiders thing but if Daley is coaching them to do it its puzzling because inglis will beat his man quite a lot and bammo overlap

aqua_duck

Coach

That might have been the plan but it has to be followed with a certain amount of common sense, unfortunately Merritt showed none of that common sense tonight

Latest posts