What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler relinquishes ownership of the Newcastle Knights

kmav23

Juniors
house of cards.... i been saying all along...

where is all the tinkler supporters ?

it will all collapse

Good move. I have been a Whitehaven holder for a while now, this is the best news I could hear in regards to the share price. Hopefully investors come back in to the company now he's gone.

This will also help me as a Whitehaven shareholder.

Tinky will also be free to pursue other options with his remaining 100's of millions.

Win/Win for everyone

Matchball

Bench
This will also help me as a Whitehaven shareholder.

Tinky will also be free to pursue other options with his remaining 100's of millions.

Win/Win for everyone

Lol.
This time next year he will be gone and the club will be back with the members.
You had a good ride and cleared your debts and spare change to play with.

kmav23

Juniors
What i been saying about tinkler coming true...

Where is all his supporters.

Not paying his bills...

Alex28

Coach
You predicted the downfall of a coal speculator after the arse fell out of the price of coal.

What a f***ing visionary.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You predicted the downfall of a coal speculator after the arse fell out of the price of coal.

What a f***ing visionary.
A competent businessman would have diversified at the first opportunity. Not waited to lose hundreds of millions in net worth.

Alex28

Coach
No arguments from me. Got coal spectacularly right when coal was on the rise. Got it awfully wrong when it crashed...

Kmav is still a bigger moron than Tinkler will ever be...

BunniesMan

Immortal
NEWCASTLE Knights' high-profile owner Nathan Tinkler is under investigation by rugby league's integrity unit after allegedly breaking strict NRL rules by betting on his side during 2011.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the ex-billionaire - or the Newcastle club - could face severe punishment, ranging from a heavy fine to a suspended licence.
NRL rules strictly prohibit any club official betting on rugby league.
According to a claim made by Luxbet in the Northern Territory Supreme Court in January, Tinkler plunged $25,000 on Newcastle in a match against New Zealand Warriors at Mount Smart Stadium on August 13, 2011.
He acquired the Knights on March 31 the same year.
After leading early, Newcastle eventually lost that game 20-12, Tinkler blowing his cash.
Coach Wayne Bennett's future at the club would be in some jeopardy should Tinkler's licence be suspended. Bennett's deal is understood to be with Tinkler, not the Knights.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

Related Content

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The NRL on Tuesday night confirmed Tinkler was now under investigation.
"It's a matter the integrity unit is making some inquiries into," NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle said.
"The NRL rules prevent any official from betting on rugby league. That includes anyone with a financial interest in the club. At this stage it's too early to comment beyond that."
A Newcastle spokesman declined to comment Tuesday night.
There is some chance the NRL may seek Tinkler's punting records from betting agencies to determine if wagers have been placed.
One rival NRL official was shocked to hear about Tinkler's alleged bet on Newcastle.
"He knows the rules, everyone in the game knows the rules," he said.
"The code of conduct is black and white - no betting on the games. The NRL will have no choice but to come down hard on him."
Sources told The Daily Telegraph Tuesday night that the Newcastle club may in fact face a breach notice if rules have been broken, not Tinkler personally.
The Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday that Tinkler's failure to pay debts prompted Luxbet to sue him in the Northern Territory Supreme Court in January, chasing $179,200.
Court documents obtained by The Daily Telegraph reveal Tinkler, the embattled businessman, was outlaying up to $200,000 a bet on horse races during a three-year spree.
He found few winners.
In April this year, Bennett said Tinkler was committed to the Knights despite his owner offloading the Patinack Farm horse racing operation
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ue/story-e6frf3ou-1226688392301#ixzz2aXIc1ff5

Not good. Sports take this very seriously. I've seen people get 2 month suspensions for $10 bets.

If this is true the Knights and Tinkler could have the NRL come down hard on them.