What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler relinquishes ownership of the Newcastle Knights

Jobdog

Live Update Team
ATO drops Tinkler matters as debts paid

Amy Dale
The Daily Telegraph
April 12, 2013 1:38PM

TYCOON Nathan Tinkler has paid a debt to the tax office, with a court told this morning that proceedings against the mining magnate would be dismissed.

It follows a previous settlement the tax office made with Tinkler interests connected to the Newcastle Knights.

The Federal Court was told this morning that debts from his Buildev Group have been paid, and that proceedings are to be dismissed.

There are legal costs of almost $5,000 owing to the tax office, the court heard.

"The debt has been paid," the taxation department's lawyer Sharif Hammoud said.

There is still one matter involving a substituting creditor, whose name wasn't said in court today.

That issue will return to court next month.
LINK

eozsmiles

Bench
Here we have another accountant of Tinkler's telling everyone exactly how much money he has, what he owes and what he plans on doing with his cash.

Why are you guys so obsessed over him and his money, I just don't get why you'd even bother trying to pretend to know all his financial endeavors and position. He isn't getting involved with the NRL or even the Knights, all he does is give the Knights money, what's so bad about that?

Find another hobby in your spare time because this Tinkler obsession isn't normal.

I think you quoted my post by accident because I never mentioned what he owes or what his plans are. What I wrote were a couple of simple facts that are beyond argument.

I'm not an accountant. I've got a few hobbies. And all my time is spare.

Matchball

Bench
Of course he will pay the ATO, they are the only ones who can throw you in the clink for being unpaid.
Tradesman don't have that luxury of leverage.

Alex28

Coach
He has also settled with his former business partner in the Queensland mine sale.

Any tradie that is owed money by Tinky can seek to have the company that owes it to him/her wound up. It isn't just the ATO that has that power...

Frederick

Staff member
Where's kmav and why didn't he post this most recent development in all the pretty colours?

kmav23

Juniors

Embattled coalminer Nathan Tinkler and his wife could be made bankrupt over $440,000 in allegedly unpaid bills to a corporate adviser.

In the latest in a series of lawsuits targeting Mr Tinkler, corporate adviser BKK Partners has for the first time directly sued Rebecca Tinkler, who is trustee of the family trust.
BKK has filed two suits in an attempt to recover the money - one against Tinkler Group in the Federal Court, and the other against Mr and Mrs Tinkler in the NSW Supreme Court.

In a separate action in March, Mr Tinkler told the NSW Supreme Court that the Tinkler Group Family Trust
held assets of about $1.4 billion, but had debts of up to $600 million, and that Mrs Tinkler controlled the trust.
Advertisement
BKK was hired by Mr Tinkler in March last year to advise him on what turned out to be a failed bid to take over Whitehaven Coal for $5 billion.
According to a statement of claim filed with the NSW Supreme Court, the advisory group was to be paid a retainer of $50,000 a month.
While Mr Tinkler paid some of the invoices received, he allegedly failed to pay a November invoice for $220,000 and a February invoice for the same amount.
''The retainer agreement was entered into by Nathan Tinkler on behalf of the Tinkler Group, as well as its affiliates and related parties, which includes Nathan Tinkler personally and his wife, Rebecca Tinkler, who we understand is the trustee of the Tinkler Family Trust,'' Marc Ryckmans, a partner at legal firm Somerset Ryckmans, told BusinessDay.
''If we are successful in obtaining a judgment against them, then BKK would be entitled to commence bankruptcy proceedings against Nathan Tinkler and his wife.''
Mr Tinkler's lawyer at DLA Piper declined to comment when contacted by Fairfax Media.
BKK's other case against the Tinkler interests is a winding-up application filed in the Federal Court in NSW against the Tinkler Group over unpaid fees of $220,000, an amount also claimed in the Supreme Court proceeding.
In April Mr Tinkler rid himself of two of his other court cases after paying a tax bill and settling a royalties dispute with former business partner Matthew Higgins.
Last week in the NSW Supreme Court, Ferrier Hodgson, the liquidator of another of Mr Tinkler's companies, Mulsanne Resources, alleged that Mr Tinkler and fellow director Matthew Keen traded while insolvent and breached their duties to the company.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/tink...-bankruptcy-20130508-2j7z7.html#ixzz2SlpgwVhF

Last edited:

kmav23

Juniors
Tinkler constantly in courts on verge of bankruptcy lol

reminds me

3rxanf.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busin...e-tinkler-assets/story-fndbbp4c-1226648226471

Liquidators apply to freeze Tinkler assets

May 22, 2013 10:46AM

Nathan Tinkler and his wife and family's assets could be frozen after liquidators applied for a court injunction.

Liquidators acting on behalf of creditors of the embattled businessman's failed company Mulsanne Resources have started the process of freezing his assets through an application for a Mareva Injunction in the NSW Supreme Court.

The parties involved include its largest creditor Blackwood Corporation, which is owed $28.4 million after Mulsanne failed to make a $28.4 million payment for an agreed share placement last year.

Blackwood, a coal explorer, released a statement saying it wants the assets frozen while legal action accusing Mr Tinkler and other Mulsanne directors of insolvent trading and breach of their duties as directors is determined.

The application also seeks to freeze the assets of Oceltip Investments Pty Ltd, a trustee of the Tinkler Family Trust, and Mr Tinkler's wife Rebecca.

They would then be restrained from selling frozen assets and putting the proceeds out of the reach of liquidators.

Mr Tinkler is trying to sell his horse breeding and racing business, has reportedly put his Queensland mansion up for sale and has already sold a private jet and helicopter to try to solve his financial problems.