What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler withdraws Knights offer

COB

Juniors
They need 100 signatures of eligible members - so they may get a good start on that number at this meeting.

-COB

COB

Juniors
They need 100 signatures of eligible members - so they may get a good start on that number at this meeting.

-COB

cram

Bench
Its a little more complicated then that, you have to be financial by a certain date to eligible to vote even if you have only been a member for 3 years. There are a number of guys on this forum who have been members for many years but can't vote

Burwood

Bench
I'm not sure what I find funnier- the people already spending Tinkler's millions on players and coaching staff before the terms of agreement were even reached, or the fact that Tinkler also had his eye trained too far in the future by changing the Jets playing strip to the "Newcastle" colours.

One thing is for sure- this whole episode has been a debacle since it first started to be played out in the media all those months ago.

But at least we have the next month of off-field distractions to look forward to. Tinkler will be back with a vengeance with his scope set squarely on Tew and Burraston. I can't see how those two will see the season out, regardless of the final outcome. And this I am sad about- I don't see their actions as self-preservation. They were screwed if Tinkler got into power and screwed if he didn't. I think they just wanted to leave the club in the best situation possible before they moved on, and I don't think they'll get that chance now.

Get to the meeting at the Mark Hotel Lambton, at 6.00pm. If they have enough members there will be a vote of no confidence of the Board and if they get 100 vote fore, the board will be stood down.
As of 6-45 pm there are 29 signatures (source.. talking sport )

Coastbloke

Bench
Hopefully they'll get that easily..

Although membership of the 'Gang of Four' is flexible, the core membership would have to be Perverse, Macavity, Apey and Joey Show..

Take a bow guys, your opposition to better times has been heard...

Even if the 100 sigs are acquired all that can happen is that an EGM can be called, then you need 75% of eligible members to move a vote of no confidence in the board.

doggone

Juniors
I am great believer in patience, I am sure this will turn out for the best. Tinkler didnt make his millions, without rocking the boat sometimes. Tomorrows another day.

Apey

Staff member
The Gang of Four must be pleased with themselves..

lol, is it their (or our, apparently) fault that the deal broke through or something?

I think you're taking this forum a bit too seriously mate

edit: this is also my first post in this thread :lol:

slipperykinchela

First Grade
So I understand the Tinkler offer better can I clarify:
Tinkler said he would cover the shortfall in revenue up to 10million per annum. So if the knights revenue was 8 million in a year he would put in 2 million??
What happens if knights income per year is 11 million

slipperykinchela

First Grade
Tinkler said he would cover the shortfall in revenue up to 10million per annum. So if the knights revenue was 8 million in a year he would put in 2 million??
What happens if knights income per year is 11 million?

slipperykinchela

First Grade

adamkungl

Immortal

$0 :crazy: