What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler withdraws Knights offer

Hopefully they'll get that easily..

Although membership of the 'Gang of Four' is flexible, the core membership would have to be Perverse, Macavity, Apey and Joey Show..

Take a bow guys, your opposition to better times has been heard...

I'm in?

F***ing stoked! In fine company too... Macca, Perverse, Apey, when's the next meeting? I'll bring the beers!

Have to say though, I feel pretty sorry for Coby, Alex and all the other worthy candidates who missed out.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol:

I see B-Dos is as dishonest and weaselly with his posts here as he is in the Four Corners forum.

No surprises really.

Can I be Junior Vice President?

I'll have to talk it over with the other boys, but you have my vote. Now get practicing your phone-answering spiel:

"Gang of Four Enterprises, Junior Vice President Apey speaking. How may we help you own Coasttroll today?"

:lol:

Coastbloke

Bench
Burro and Tew really stuffed this up..

Y'know this wasn't a takeover of BHP Billiton by Rio Tinto..

A seriously rich Newcastle identity wanted to help Newcastle's best known brand and all TPTB did was nitpick and there was a fair amount of support for that nitpicking by people on here who came up with glib dribble like 'You've never run a business have you CB...??'

This from posters who's closest contact with running a business was giving his best mate 25% of the cut delivering papers when they were 12...

Too bad, we were about to embark on a new era of glory days..

So I understand the Tinkler offer better can I clarify:
Tinkler said he would cover the shortfall in revenue up to 10million per annum. So if the knights revenue was 8 million in a year he would put in 2 million??
What happens if knights income per year is 11 million?

He (Tinkler ) would pocket $1,000,000

So I understand the Tinkler offer better can I clarify:
Tinkler said he would cover the shortfall in revenue up to 10million per annum. So if the knights revenue was 8 million in a year he would put in 2 million??
What happens if knights income per year is 11 million?

He (Tinkler ) would pocket $1,000,000 because he would own the club

Burro and Tew really stuffed this up..

Y'know this wasn't a takeover of BHP Billiton by Rio Tinto..

A seriously rich Newcastle identity wanted to help Newcastle's best known brand and all TPTB did was nitpick and there was a fair amount of support for that nitpicking by people on here who came up with glib dribble like 'You've never run a business have you CB...??'

This from posters who's closest contact with running a business was giving his best mate 25% of the cut delivering papers when they were 12...

Too bad, we were about to embark on a new era of glory days..

You must have really failed Maths

Spot On

Coach
For the record, I think Tinkler will still get the club. Just an opinion.

I don't live in the Hunter anymore so I'm out of the loop with regards to the the ill feeling between Jodie Mackay and Knights Board. I bring this up because whilst driving home this arvo I was listening to Jodie Mackay being interviewed by the Talkin Sport panel. Now I must say that Jodie left no stone unturned during her scathing attack on the Knight Board, in particular Burro.

She repeatedly pushed the absolute incompetence of this Board. Failure to make decisions on a multitude of issues, failure to communicate information on a professional level with relevant organisations over critical issues and a track history of poor decision making culminating in the fiasco with the turf after the motorcross event.

She repeatedly informed the listeners that many people of Newcastle and the Hunter no longer believe in, trust, like or respect the Knights brand, what it stands for and are repulsed by the behaviour of the club and some of its players whilst under the control of the current board. She said she just can't understand how such an important community icon has become so disliked (while reiterating that the board is inept).

She talked for what seemed an age and touched on other issues that painted the Board and Burro in a particularly bad light. For those who missed it, and are interested, I hope you can find a transcript of the interview.

This is just something I found interesting, I don't have an opinion on either Mackay or the Board just yet.

The panel on Talkinn Sport kept mentioning that the Knights Board stated they spend $2 million per annum on junior development in the Hunter. Is this true?

Last edited:
Well WTF. Nothing more to say. I am saddened by all this because it has become a battle of ego and unfortunately Tinkler seems to have a very big one and a short fuse. He will look like a bastard because of what he has done whether deserved or not. Noone really knows that went down except that Tew's comments were either true or so wide of the mark it is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
Spot On - agreed. The board is essentially in an untenable position - they will be held responsible for losing the Tinkler deal, the Patron's Trust won't get the 75% support it needs and they will have to fall on their swords.

I think Tinkler will end up with the club too however there will be some bridges burnt on the way and it will never be the same club again.

It just didn't have to be this way. Why couldn't the silly bastard be just a little patient?