What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Anthem appropriate before a club game?

National Anthem appropriate before a club game?

• Yes it is

Votes: 39 44.3%
  • No it's not

Votes: 49 55.7%

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't care who you are - you stand for our anthem. Simple as that.

As for club games and the use of it - only special things like this week - heritage round.

Very disappointed it was only used at a few games though :x

DeeGan

Bench
I don't care who you are - you stand for our anthem. Simple as that.

As for club games and the use of it - only special things like this week - heritage round.

Very disappointed it was only used at a few games though :x

What games wasn't it played at?

Nuke

Staff member
I have no beef with it being played before regular club games. The Knights have done it at every home game I've been to. What I do feel they need, is if they decide they're doing the national anthem before a game, they need to have some backing music. Surely the NRL could get some people to record a backing track, then distribute said backing track to all grounds or clubs. That way, unless the singer is an absolutely fantastic singer, they'll sound a damn sight better. The worst solo anthem singers are those warblers that hover around the intended notes, but never quite get them. The lady who did the one at the Knights-Roosters game today started off warbling, but came good.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
12aust.l.jpg

Mate that's one of the darkest hours in Australia's history.

Please tell me why the f**k our anthem shouldn't be played because of what happened at Cronulla.

dimitri

First Grade
school kids sing the anthem at school assemblies

so why shouldnt we sing it before a national league game!!!

Not appropriate...there are a lot of kiwis, pacific islanders etc playing in the league now and this Aussie Anthem does not represent anything for them.

Nuke

Staff member
A poll update: it is 50:50 at the moment. 18 people voting 'Yes', 18 people voting 'No'.

Not appropriate...there are a lot of kiwis, pacific islanders etc playing in the league now and this Aussie Anthem does not represent anything for them.

it represents the country that gives them the chance to play in the NRL and get paid a decent wage

my opinion.....i dont think it should be played before club games, except on special occasions like this weekend......but if it is played show the Anthem and this Country the respect they deserve

God-King Dean

Immortal
fair comment, that will teach me to type when i am seeing red, and not waiting......but in saying that i still do not agree with him

Don't get me wrong though, I think people should show respect for all things national. Nothing fires me up more than people making noise during the Last Post.

It just if they aren't openly showing disrespect, leave em to it.

God-King Dean

Immortal

Not agreeing or disagreeing, I'm curious... What your opinion on schools playing the anthem at assemblys ?

Latest posts