What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naysayers

Trifili13

Juniors
It'd be sooo RL for us to change our colours for a new club and affirm our cuck status.
I hope the NRL makes the Dolphins change their jersey to not resemble ours. I know it's red with a white V, but they should not allow the Dolphins to pass off our heritage. I hope they follow the path of the AFL which made Port Adelaide change their prison bar jersey to not clash with Collingwood when they entered the comp. The problem however is we don't have an Eddie Maguire who is well connected and highly protective of Collingwood's position and kick up a stink. As you said TY? We will probably end up having to change our jersey.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
I've been on here since 2013 and have mostly tried to stay positive but the crimes and misdemeanors of this club just keep piling up ( so many I won't bother to list them, you know what and who they are ) and here we are 2021. Our CEO is Craig Young, the biggest most useless pig at the big red and white trough for far too many years who is the reason for many of our woes and who will fail as CEO as he has failed at everything else except living off once being part of a premiership winning team 41 years ago. Looking forward, our roster is the most ragtag bunch of misfits and judiciary whipping boys in the league and isn't likely to go anywhere next year. Our coach from 2023 will be Dean Young, if not sooner. Our young talent will walk and I don't blame them. It's like Covid - we need a fkng roadmap out of this mess and no-one has a clue how to make it happen or even have a vaccine.
Ryan Webb is the CEO.

Craig Young is the chairman of the club.

When Dean Young was the interim coach, Craig Young stood down from his duties on the board as it was a conflict of interest.

Old Timer

Coach
The facts tell the story, our defence was worse in 2021 than 2020. There’s absolutely no chance of us regularly competing with the top teams when our average points conceded is more than double the league benchmark.

If you’ve got faith in dads army then good luck to you. Personally I’ve got no faith at all in the old codgers.
The rules governing the game and our lengthy loss of players due to suspension makes any comparison of 21 to 20 in respect of defence irrelevant.

Not even remotely apples for apples.

BBTB

Juniors
Ryan Webb is the CEO.

Craig Young is the chairman of the club.

When Dean Young was the interim coach, Craig Young stood down from his duties on the board as it was a conflict of interest.
I know what you're trying to say "Kit66,"but unfortunately u got a bit bamboozled with the rolls,these parasites play.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I've been on here since 2013 and have mostly tried to stay positive but the crimes and misdemeanors of this club just keep piling up ( so many I won't bother to list them, you know what and who they are ) and here we are 2021. Our CEO is Craig Young, the biggest most useless pig at the big red and white trough for far too many years who is the reason for many of our woes and who will fail as CEO as he has failed at everything else except living off once being part of a premiership winning team 41 years ago. Looking forward, our roster is the most ragtag bunch of misfits and judiciary whipping boys in the league and isn't likely to go anywhere next year. Our coach from 2023 will be Dean Young, if not sooner. Our young talent will walk and I don't blame them. It's like Covid - we need a fkng roadmap out of this mess and no-one has a clue how to make it happen or even have a vaccine.
You may need to do some research there buddy.

shiloh dc

Juniors
It was mentioned on the news services tonight that the Dolphins if successful in their application to be the new 17th team will need to add another colour to their current red & white. Clearly that wont be Blue but may be Black. This might upset the hopes of the old Western Reds who had the same colours with a dash of yellow.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I think we should go the black V..

Feels more dangerous & angry..
Why don't we just arm the front row (like The Last Boy Scout).
That might escelate our dangerous and angry tag - you could add words like "Nasty" and "Scary'
We could actually be "intimidating"

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Better still - We could just go straight to Bloodsport - We are Knights conqueuring Dragons
Go all Highlander - Arm the entire run on squad with Toledo Salamanca Broadsword.
Better - play The Bunnies and go all Gladiator on the owner and his entire team
Will that be intimidating enough

Walpole

Juniors
I’m actually off the hammering Griffin train, he’ll be the coach next year regardless of my opinion.

Our squad at least on paper looks much better next year, JdB will have an uninterrupted offseason for the first time since 2018, Norman is gone which is huge & we’ve gotten rid of some deadwood. We’ve signed a few decent players & if we do end up signing Woods we’ll have a pretty decent pack plus Sloan, Amone & Co. will be vastly improved in 2022.

But I am a little concerned that there’s been no announcements about changes to the assistant coaches. In 2021 we conceded 616 points or 25.6 a game which was worse than 2020 when we conceded 22.6 a game.

Griffin was meant to fix our defence not make it worse. I’d like to see see some younger assistants to freshen up our defensive structure, based on 2021’s performance I don’t think Dad’s Army can get the job done.
Based on the same stats for all clubs, you'll find that only the Broncos, Sharks, Manly and Storm defended better than they did in 2020. Penrith were about the same but Souths, Roosters and Eels were all worse.