What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Wow!!

I'm a little shocked at just how close these finals series are turning out. With each series locked at 2-2 i'm not sure anymore which teams will be going through. Miami are playing very well, considering they have 3 starters that have never been playoffs before...Since the Nuggets are out i'm going to root for the Heat from here on in...GO HEAT! 8)

raz

Juniors
Kings/Wolves is the toughest to predict with the rest of the games its all about HCA Miami are on a home game winning streak and are crap away which is to bad for them! Im glad Spurs and the Pistons have that advantage.

edabomb

First Grade
Looks like Lakers will be up 3-2. I think I am going for them or the Wolves, because I love Sam Cassells game and Gary Paytons my all time favourite player (Sonics supporter). Tim Duncans done nothing much the last three games

El Coconuto

Bench
Wolves will do me, although I'm always big on the underdog so I hope the Heat go well. I'm not a particular fan of any team left in contention. In saying that, I hate the Lakers with a passion. Always have and always will.

Ok that's a lie I haven't always hated the Lakers. Only since Shaq left us, as a free agent have I been dirty with the Lakers. Damn them to the pitts of hell :twisted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

To the Laker haters!

Still, series isn't over... and all that. Just great to see them get up and stick it to the Spur fans. No-one will ever get the better of the Lakers in a stand-off. They've ruined the Blazers, the Kings still can't get them and the Spurs looked to be getting the better, but this will be devestating for them.

El Coconuto

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

To the Laker haters!

Still, series isn't over... and all that. Just great to see them get up and stick it to the Spur fans. No-one will ever get the better of the Lakers in a stand-off. They've ruined the Blazers, the Kings still can't get them and the Spurs looked to be getting the better, but this will be devestating for them.

This coming from the guy who finished next to last in his own fantasy league #-o Nice one :roll:

MysteryGirl

First Grade
The Wolves played a great game against the Lakers. It wasn't until the very end of the 4th quarter that things fell apart.

I reckon if they clean up their game a bit, they'll win without a problem on Sunday. They have home court advantage, they have the ability, Sam Cassell will be two days further along in his recovery (he has a VERY injured back).

I still think the Lakers (who originally are also from Minnesota for those of you who didn't know) will still win the series - probably in 5, but I'd love to see the Wolves pull it off!

El Coconuto

Bench
Likewise, and by my belief the Minneapolis Lakers were the first team in NBA History to do win three championships in a row. May the Lakers crash and burn in the depths of Hell, or in downtown LA which isn't too far from hell either...

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Well last nights game was a decisive Timberwolves win. It was a true pleasure to watch. Shaq couldn't find the basket with a map and the Lakers were limited to just playing "dirty" basketball. They ended up getting 9 technical fouls during the game for cheep fouls and even had Carl Malone ejected from the game.

Final score was Wolves 89 Lakers 71

Now two games out in LA. Here's hoping!

MysteryGirl

First Grade
UGH! Not hanging anymore!!!!

But I think the fact that they stayed in it so long when the lakers were supposed to "easily" win this game means we can pull it off on Thursday - if we can just keep out of foul trouble eary.

UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH!

edabomb

First Grade
Minnesota did have big performances from their big four though, and still came up short. I think they would of had a chance this series if the Kandi man hadnt turned out to be such a bust. Earvin Johnson has impressed me in the small parts of the playoffs I've seen. Malones being going pretty avergae these playoffs aye, I think he'll hang them up at seasons end

MysteryGirl

First Grade
KG didn't play his best game though.

When he brings his best game - everyone else plays there best. When he doesn't, everyone else seems to fall short as well

Don't burst my bubble - I wanna hold on to a little bit of hope! ;-)

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Yes - how's that for an answer? Both are.

The first half of the game yesterday Kobe didn't score a single point.

Now Thursday is the next game. Kobe has a court appearance for the rape case in the morning and is hoping to be back in time for the game that evening.

Here's hoping his plane is delayed! :twisted:

thewizard1o1

Juniors
lmao... not very nice ;-)

Pistons and Pacers are shooting the lights out tonight..30-26 with a couple of minutes to go in the first half :D

I think it was a bad sign for the Wolves that Kobe went scoreless in the first half and the Lakers still won. And, every time he flies back to a game from a court appearance, he seems to have a great game.

I fear the Spurs were the team who could have stopped the Lakers, and they blew it. The T-wolves don't match up as well, and it doesn't help that Cassell is hurting.

El Coconuto

Bench
On a sidenote, finally some good news for my team (Orlando Magic). We've managed to pick up the number one draft pick! Yay! I suspect we'll take Emeka Okafor and possibly trade him for Chris Webber as speculation claims...?

MysteryGirl

First Grade
So are you guys going to watch the game tonight? I need someone's shoulder to cry on when it's over.

I'm not holding out much hope but yet I can't not watch.