What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs

MysteryGirl

First Grade
So as a forum we are all in agreement that we are cheering on the Pistons - correct?

Dang, I wish we could all go to a sportsbar somewhere and watch these games together...lol

thewizard1o1

Juniors
My heart says Pistons.

My head says Lakers.

The pistons just wont be able to stop Shaq imo.

But that said Go Pistons...*Waves Pistons Flag*

Rexxy

Coach
Sportsjock said:
Guess who is going to Game 2, LAKERS v PISTONS at the Staples Center?

OH yeah thats right fo sho :lol:

Looks like Santa Never Made It into Darwin

Jono Russell

Bench
well game 3 is just around the corner about 11 hours away and i am excited, honestly i have never watched the nba before in my life. I have only ever been a big NBL fan and i was sitting down and decided to switch to fox about a week or so ago and i sore the Lakers beat the team they played in the semi and they were awsome and that kobe is so great.

I am going to have to stick with the Lakers and say come on boys lets win this thing again.

MysteryGirl

First Grade
You cannot be a lakers fan.

We're not allowing that in here.

You'll have to go watch it elsewhere.... :arrow:
*kidding!*

weasel

First Grade
Wow, I can't believe Detroit managed to shut the Lakers down. I think that's the lowest point total the Lakers have ever been held to in the play-offs, also it's the first time Shaq has scored less than 25 points in a Finals game (After 21 previous appearances). :shock: Rip Hamilton, Ben Wallace and Billups all played great. I was glad Darko Milicic got on there at the end, to think he had a bigger rap on him than Carmelo Anthony and he only got meagre court time throughout this season. He's now the youngest player ever to play in the NBA Finals, though all he did was get a rebound. 2-1 up in the series, coulda been 3-0. The Pistons could really pull this off, but they'll be kicking themselves if they go down 4-3.

El Coconuto

Bench
I know. Still spewing over game two's fluke of a three by Kobe, but hey so long as the East prevails, I'm a happy camper! Not to mention I'd love to see LA crash and burn. Their side and attitudes on the court looks as though they have a case of too many chiefs and not enough indians. Suckerz! :D

MysteryGirl

First Grade
This is apparently the lowest score the Lakers have ever been held to in any playoff game EVER!!!!

It was wonderful!!! The game last night was truly almost boring because it was a wrapped up win for Detroit nearly from the start. :lol: :D :lol:

Hey, all these posts on Game 3 should have gone into The Final thread.

I never find a game like that boring, when it's the underdog who's winning big.

Not sure if the Lakers will go into a decline like Chicago did. Depends on how many players, if any leave, as well as Phil jackson. If Shaq, Kobe and Jackson came back, I think Payton will still leave, and they may be able to sign someone else and stay competitive. If Kobe leaves, they will really have to remake their team - probably take a run at getting T-Mac. I don't think the Lakers would settle for a few years of rebuilding; they will try to stay on top by getting new stars, just like the NY Yankees do.

Anyway, save that talk for the post-season. It was great win last night. Now Game 4 becomes crucial. If the Pistons could win it, they'd have a great chance to wrap it up at home, becoming the first team to win the middle 3 games at home since the 2-3-2 format started. But if the Lakers win, they will be able to go back home. Even if they head back to LA with the Pistons up 3-2, the Lakers would have a good chance to win 2 at home. It would be just like the 88 finals, when the Pistons went back to LA up 3-2 and lost 2 close games when Isaiah injured his ankle.