What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Not so sure about that. It was Timberwolves home court advantage. Sam would have been playing. I would have been there. They just couldn't have lost.

OH well....*sigh*

El Coconuto

Bench
Knowing that Jermaine O'Neal isn't fully healthy I would now hope that Detroit progress through and grind the hell out of the Lakers. Just so long as the Lakers don't win again, I'll be happy! Come on East! :twisted:

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Damn...bad luck MG and the wolves, maybe next season. I'm with you El C i think the Pistons have what it takes to grind the Lakers down. Go Pistons :twisted: .

edabomb

First Grade
I can't see Indiana or Detroit challenging the Lakers. Not as happy as I thought I would be if Payton ever won a championship, but atleast hes going to get one to cap off a superb career. :?

Well, the Pistons do have the big men to try to slow Shaq down - Ben, Rasheed, Okur, and Elden Campbell to use some fouls off the bench. And they're a good defensive team, and Rip Hamilton is playing like a young Reggie Miller. And a smart coach who's faced the Lakers in the Finals before. It's wishful thinking, but maybe they can pull off the upset.

MysteryGirl

First Grade
Truly, besides the hack-a-shaq plays and the double teaming of Kobe - the only thing it takes to beat the lakers is GOOD CONSISTANT 3 point shooters.

MN didn't have that with Sam out. I think they showed their weakness this series and how beatable they really are.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Pistons-Lakers final.

Indiana and Detroit must have been close to the lowest scoring play off series ever, it was yet another exciteing contest with both teams shooting in the mid 30's. If the Pistons don't improve their shooting then the Lakers will have no trouble with them.

Goldthorpe

Bench
beatlaavatar.gif

Daffy

Juniors
Im cofident the Pistons can win, i cant wait to see how there defense goes
its a long wait for game 1 goddammit

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Pistons need to shoot alot better to have a chance against the Lakers, 32% just won't cut it against them. Also the two wallaces are banged up pretty bad which isn't what you need going into the finals against Shaq.

weasel

First Grade
I'm pretty ambivalent when it comes to the Lakers. At least their inevitable victory will finally get Payton and Malone the championship rings they've deserved for such great careers. Come on guys, let's look at the positives.

El Coconuto

Bench
Now, I have a soft spot for Karl Malone because he gave so many great years to the Utah Jazz, my home sweet home. But does anyone else feel that even in his prime Karl Malone was one of the most overated people in the game? I for one do. That doesn't mean to say he was hopeless and that he doesn't deserve a title. He most certainly does, and had he not have choked from the free throw line against the Bulls he may well have won to.

Anyways, no biggie. And having said all that, come on Detroit!! :twisted:

El Coconuto

Bench
Dad's work moved us all over the world. It wasn't until we moved to Sydney where we actually got settled, and have been living in for the last eleven years. But I love Australia, and wouldn't trade it in for anything. Even still, I have a soft spot for where I've lived over the years, including good ol Orem, Utah. ;-)

Southernsaint

Staff member
I am now lookng forward to the NBA Finals Series. Foxtel is coming at just the right time too!!

I think Canadian Steve knows I'm a Pistons fan from way back, the Bad Boys days in fact, and it's good to see Detriot playing the suffocating, annoying, hated-by-TV, style of basketball.

Defence wins Playoffs, Baby!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint, I forgot that you were a Pistons fan. The Bad Boys Pistons were my favourite team then too, unlike a lot of people I liked Isaiah and Laimbeer.

The current Pistons aren't my favourite team, but I'll be pulling for them against the Lakers.

BTW, Bill Laimbeer is now a very successful coach in the WNBA, where his best player is Karl Malone's daughter.