What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2010-2011

Ridders

Coach
Man the Pistons are such a mess atm.

There was a story that the veterans on the team lead a player revolt against their coach and boycotted practice. Then there was another story that Hamilton was the only one that was absent without explanation.

Then it came out that Rip blocked a trade to the Cavs (where it was believed he would be bought out and free to join a contender).

Ridders

Coach
Sweet. Frye hits a 3 with a hand in his face at the buzzer to win it for the Suns in OT against the Pacers.

Gotta say I was a bit disappointed in Nash just dumping the ball of to the a team-mate, rather than either taking the shot or trying to make something happen.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
He'll go to the Heat and make them instantly better.

Plus Troy Murphy has agreed to a buyout with the Pacers and has agreed to only play with an Eastern Conference team.

Look for him to join either Celtics or Heat. My money is on the Celtics.

Special K

Coach
Murphy is on the warriors dude...

Corey Brewer got bought out by the knicks. I would have thought a young defender would have been nice behind Melo?

Ridders

Coach
Yeah the Brewer buy-out was the strangest of the lot.

I wonder if the Celtics are kicking themselves a bit. If they could pick Brewer, maybe they don't feel the need to make the Perkins trade?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
It hasn't be confirmed that Brewer has been bought out yet, the Knicks waived Azibuike though.

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Murphy on the Celtics? Can space the floor but geez is he bad defensively.

Azuibuike would be a nice pickup for a contender IF he is fit. Brewer I'm not so sure - does next to nothing offensively and wouldn't say he's that good of a defender to warrant giving big minutes to.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Murphy has signed with the Celtics:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6170568

Heat have cut Arroyo in advance of signing Bibby also.

Suppose Murphy does bring two things the Celtics need - rebounding and floor spacing. He is horrid defensively though and will need to engage at that end of the floor for this time in his career. He's also not much of an offensive rebounder, given he hangs out mostly at the top of the key (Celtics could use some second chance points). He and Shaq could make a nice tandem on the second unit.

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
Murphy has signed with the Celtics:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6170568

Heat have cut Arroyo in advance of signing Bibby also.

Suppose Murphy does bring two things the Celtics need - rebounding and floor spacing. He is horrid defensively though and will need to engage at that end of the floor for this time in his career. He's also not much of an offensive rebounder, given he hangs out mostly at the top of the key (Celtics could use some second chance points). He and Shaq could make a nice tandem on the second unit.

Celtics dont care about offensive rebounding, theres a reason theyre ranked like 30th in the league in offensive rebounding and its not because they cant.

This is a huge pick up for the Celtics, who knows what Murphy has left, but from their view at least the Heat didnt get him.

Big Mick

Referee
I think thats a good pick up for the Celtics.

Now they have perimeter shooting in Jeff Green and have a big body in Troy Murphy...to replace Perkins.

With Bibby...I can only think that the Heat are hoping he can keep shooting over 40% from 3...otherwise he's just another Arroyo. But he can't be worse than Chalmers...god damn he's been bad.

They still need a big guy.

I'm hoping the Bulls maybe get Brewer or Jason Kapano maybe...

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Yeah I know they send their guys back to stop transition buckets, but it is a weakness and they simply don't have a single guy on that roster that can get easy second chance points.

Can't see Bibby getting big minutes on the Heat, he just isn't good enough defensively and is purely a spot up shooter these days - not sure of the last time he got a layup. But for 10 minutes a night off the bench he should be adequate.

Ridders

Coach
Butler's pretty hot and cold. Has been shooting poorly this season (32 FG%, 32 3PT%).

If he could regain his form from the Hornets, he'd become a very nice addition.