What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Mens Perspective

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh, I know guys do it too. And I'm not blaming women in general for it.

I just brush it off.

Happened to me on Saturday, actually. She flirted with me all night, and I went up to her. As we were talking, she said, "By the way, I'm not really interested. I was just boosting my ego."

I replied with, "That's cool," and added, noting the cigarette in her hand, "Oh, and by the way - remember not to smoke in bed. You could cause a fire, and since you'll be going home alone tonight, there'll nobody there to help you out."

And I walked back to my table. Simple as that. She's a bitch, so I reply in kind lol.

RK

First Grade
I agree with you 100%.

But there are some females out there that would be nice to the fellow people of the opposite sex.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is true.

I've met lots of nice women. But you also run into some nasty pieces of work.

You just don't let them get to you, you know? Or else they win. All they want, be they man or woman, is to make you feel like crap to boost their own ego.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You live and you learn.

I was once one of those guys that was too shy to make eye contact, etc.

But, through lessons learned in life, you realise that by doing nothing, what are you getting? At least if you take a risk, you get an answer, you know? Whether it's a no or a yes, it doesn't matter. You get an answer.

If you don't take the risk, you'll sit there wondering what might have been.

Gee, getting philosophical in here lol.

RK

First Grade
Yeh but thats something I have to grow out of. I am a very shy person, so i need to get over that to get where you are..

But im getting there

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a process. Don't fret.

It won't happen over-night, you know?

It's all very well to say, "You shouldn't be shy, take a chance!" etc, but when you're dealing with confidence and ego issues, it's not that clear-cut.

I guess you have a slight advantage in the sense you're a woman...Only slight lol.

RK

First Grade
True that.

But I have many other advantages but thats for me to know and you to find out

RK

First Grade
But mind you, I could talk to the cows come home on this buit in person, I reckon I wouldnt get two words out!!

roosters06

Juniors
Eelementary said:
You live and you learn.

I was once one of those guys that was too shy to make eye contact, etc.

But, through lessons learned in life, you realise that by doing nothing, what are you getting? At least if you take a risk, you get an answer, you know? Whether it's a no or a yes, it doesn't matter. You get an answer.

If you don't take the risk, you'll sit there wondering what might have been.

I know exactly what you mean. I was the same. Always too shy to make eye contact or initiate a conversation with girls that i liked. But, after starting to go to the gym, and through lessons that i've learnt - you learn that the old adage - "nothing ventured, nothing gained" is VERY true.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Oh, I know guys do it too. And I'm not blaming women in general for it.

I just brush it off.

Happened to me on Saturday, actually. She flirted with me all night, and I went up to her. As we were talking, she said, "By the way, I'm not really interested. I was just boosting my ego."

I replied with, "That's cool," and added, noting the cigarette in her hand, "Oh, and by the way - remember not to smoke in bed. You could cause a fire, and since you'll be going home alone tonight, there'll nobody there to help you out."

And I walked back to my table. Simple as that. She's a bitch, so I reply in kind lol.

I have no problem with you having a smart ass comeback for some cow who does that. But was that the best you could do?

And typically, if I see a girl I like, I just go over and start dry humping her leg. You're certain to get a strong reaction either way.

RK

First Grade
Zoidberg said:
And typically, if I see a girl I like, I just go over and start dry humping her leg. You're certain to get a strong reaction either way.

There is always one!!!!

ChipNChase

Juniors
I think there is any many shy guys and shy girls.

What you are asking about is a mathematical formula that, if proven, would make someone an incredibly rich SOB that would never have to worry about going up to a girl/guy again. They would be beating them off with a stick they'd be so rich - Its a simple Factor A + Factor B thingy.

The answer you gets depends on the 'not-shy' one doing something. Once that happens, it all gets a world of pain easier.

Bazal

Post Whore
RaiderKate said:
Yeh but thats something I have to grow out of. I am a very shy person, so i need to get over that to get where you are..

But im getting there

I don't think shy people ever really lose that. There will always be an inherent shyness there. But I think that's a good thing. Someone like that, with that sort of ingrained shy side, is always going to be someone that is very easy to get along with, because they will never be pretentious or arrogant.

As for the original questions, I believe that whoever has the courage first should make the first move. Sometimes it's easy, but the easy ones can be the ones that you don't want to talk to! It's usually the ones you're terrified of speaking to and get all tongue tied and embarrassed with that are worth the effort...

RK

First Grade
Thats true Bazal. But its those ones that are worth the effort that sometimes dont give a sh*t about you and just want a root!!

Bazal

Post Whore
RaiderKate said:
Thats true Bazal. But its those ones that are worth the effort that sometimes dont give a sh*t about you and just want a root!!

It can be like that, but in those cases you can usually feel it. People like that might act the part, but if you really look at it you can see past that. It's all about instincts and trusting yourself to pick that up really. And to be honest, if there is a real connection you can generally tell straight away.