What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never Before Never Again

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We've all had our say regarding our teams performances over the past few weeks of whats happening or not happening.....my suggestion to the team is (with the lead up to the semis) if you hav'nt already done so get a copy of Larry Writers book Never Before Never Again, read it and I guarantee you will know the true meaning of what a privilege it is playing for the Red V.

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Bench
Where can I get a copy myself?

BTW - I see he also wrote the book Razor which channel 9 are promoting the hell out of as the new underbelly series starting next week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ring St George Leagues Club Stagger. I know they sell Saints: The Legend Lives On.

I just did a qiock search amongst the mainstream book stores and they say it is no longer available. Might have to try ebay or used book sales outlets, I saw one on google but they wanted $120, so perhaps it's now a rare item.

The city library might be the go.

9780732908164.jpg

Btw, I bought mine at a Hurstville book store. Johnny Raper was doing the book signing.

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
That must be reference to 11 in a row right?
Correct.......the point I am trying to make IMO is, some of the guys lately appear to think its their right to be in the team no matter what the results....well it doesnt work that way fellas....please prove me wrong starting Friday night.

grouch

First Grade
bumping...

Read this is in my teens, but it was a borrowed copy. Had never owned one. I've been searching for a copy to purchase for years, but nowadays it is rarer than a Soward hit-up - well out of print, unavailable from any retailers, and sells secondhand on e-bay for upwards of $120. I was contemplating paying that much too, after years of fruitless exploration of secondhand book stores. But, yesterday, doing a bit of antique furniture shopping with the missus, I browsed a messy, disorganised mass of books in a corner of a huge old furniture joint in Dulwich Hill. And boom! There it was. Hardback, in mint condish. $2. Two motherfkn dollars.

Fingerbang

Bench
bumping...

Read this is in my teens, but it was a borrowed copy. Had never owned one. I've been searching for a copy to purchase for years, but nowadays it is rarer than a Soward hit-up - well out of print, unavailable from any retailers, and sells secondhand on e-bay for upwards of $120. I was contemplating paying that much too, after years of fruitless exploration of secondhand book stores. But, yesterday, doing a bit of antique furniture shopping with the missus, I browsed a messy, disorganised mass of books in a corner of a huge old furniture joint in Dulwich Hill. And boom! There it was. Hardback, in mint condish. $2. Two motherfkn dollars.
I have a copy.....currently about 3/4 through for the third read. I would be happy to lend it / sell it / share it with any dragon's fan who has not had the chance to read it. Absolutely amazing and a must read.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I have a copy.....currently about 3/4 through for the third read. I would be happy to lend it / sell it / share it with any dragon's fan who has not had the chance to read it. Absolutely amazing and a must read.

Let me now when you're done. I'd love to have a lend of it.

Fingerbang

Bench
I'm done Ronnie. PM me where to post it....but you gotta promise to post it back when you are done. That is if postage doesn't cost a sh*tload, coz I am in Darwin.

juanfarkall

Coach
$120 used ???

I gave away a copy on here a few years ago and sold a mint copy on Ebay for $50 about 3 years ago.
Was lucky enough to pick up several copies on clearance years ago at a Brisbane bookstore.
Will check in the shed sometime to see if I have any left....
If so, I may make a communal copy available to be passed around..