What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEVER EVER, In my entire life have i seen ...

OVP

Coach
a WORSE Refereeing performance than David Jay, during an Easts vs Manly clash in the 90's and Phil Gould tried to actually get the Easts players out of the action in protest. But tonight, i saw one certain refereeing performance that was simply abominable. Steve Clark ... you are the only referee CRAP enough to be compared to David Jay. I sincerely hope you enjoy that honour you whistle-happy cretin.

p.s. as my mates were watching this game in a club, someone asked me what the penalty count was. I said it was 72-68 ... and noone batted an eye-lid.
smile.gif

Mary

Juniors
I agree, Clark has been awful so far this year.

He wouldn't look out of place refereeing a central coast reserve grade match at the moment, the sin binning of Halatau in particular was a major blunder IMO.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Sometimes I think he particular hates Parra, but on a number of occasions, including tonight, he was absolutely woeful both ways. There is only one conclusion... extreme egomaniacal incompetence.

Kangarooster

Juniors
eloquentEEL said:
Sometimes I think he particular hates Parra, but on a number of occasions, including tonight, he was absolutely woeful both ways. There is only one conclusion... extreme egomaniacal incompetence.

Agreed, shades of Hartley perhaps? At least Harrigan offered extreme egomaniacal competence....

Mary

Juniors
eloquentEEL said:

Ditto re: the Dragons, I always cringe when I find out he is our referee for the weekend, he always seems to cane us in the penalty count.

OVP

Coach
eloquentEEL said:

100% spot on. I'll never forget last year, in a Bulldogs vs Tigers game early in the season. He ACTUALLY told Willie MAson to call him "sir". He's an egotistical git ... he is actually sooooooooo bad, he wouldnt be out of place in Rugby Yawnion, being the pedantic git he truly is.

Christ i hate him, and my team hasnt been crucified by him yet ... BUT THEY WILL BE !! Like both teams tonight were.

Perth Red

Post Whore
To be fair I thought every penalty he gave in the 1st half was justified. It's not his fault players tackle high and reef the ball out or are you suggesting we stop penalising indiscretions after the penalty count goes beyond 5 or 6?

Agree the way he talks to players is disrespectful and the penalty at the end was very harsh considering he let the exact same thing go during the previous set for Wests.

Suggest you turn off Gould and watch the refs performance again

OVP

Coach
Perth Red said:
To be fair I thought every penalty he gave in the 1st half was justified. /quote]

Yep, you would. Real Rugby League is foreign to you isnt it ?

innsaneink

Referee
OVP said:
100% spot on. I'll never forget last year, in a Bulldogs vs Tigers game early in the season. He ACTUALLY told Willie MAson to call him "sir". He's an egotistical git ... he is actually sooooooooo bad, he wouldnt be out of place in Rugby Yawnion, being the pedantic git he truly is.

Christ i hate him, and my team hasnt been crucified by him yet ... BUT THEY WILL BE !! Like both teams tonight were.

LOL...both teams.

One got the two.

knightsyeah12

Juniors
I couldnt believe it when he put Halatau in the bin, that was rediculous, the player fliped on top of him how the hell was he supposed to get up.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Also how many penalties had the tigers given away prior for trying to slow the play the ball down ? He couldn't just keep warning them again and again and do nothing.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It may have been a golden point game but it was a sh*t game anyway. Besides Clarke, player were doing stupid stuff across the park. Brisbane v Penrith was much better to watch.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
*takes bait*

Better than mouthing off and copping a 10k fine ;-)

Latest posts