What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ARLC CEO Discussion

Who is your preferred NRL CEO?

• Total voters

Danish

Referee
all i know about the new CEO is that Rothfeld and the funky bunch over at the tele haven't stopped crying since he was appointed.

So he is alright in my books

all i know about the new CEO is that Rothfeld and the funky bunch over at the tele haven't stopped crying since he was appointed.

So he is alright in my books
X2.
& it will get worse.Im sure Grant has told him when the PH rings & the voice on the end says Phil Slothfield here,the standard reply is WHO?

WayneBennett

Juniors
63076-53507.jpg

Loudstrat

Coach
Page 47? By the time I read 47 pages he'll be the old CEO.

And a f*cking merchant banker with a Union background????? Way to fill me with confidence. He wont last a second on the hill of a suburban ground.

I give it three months before some League identity makes this guy look like an idiot in an interview. Just like the marketing chick a few years ago who tried to fulfil a journo's request to meet Dave Brown. :lol:

Then they will never have a RL team and the people of PNG will all be kicked of their lands and become permanent slaves to the banksters. Yeah great plan champ.

I thought I was being sarcastic.
I'm waiting for the NRL to be listed on the stock exchange

chigurh

And a f*cking merchant banker with a Union background????? Way to fill me with confidence. He wont last a second on the hill of a suburban ground.

I give it three months before some League identity makes this guy look like an idiot in an interview. Just like the marketing chick a few years ago who tried to fulfil a journo's request to meet Dave Brown. :lol:

ROFL

I really doubt someone with a detailed knowledge of suburban hills would have been high on the priorities list for the ARLC...

They are looking to move the game forward, not pander to the bogan elements. :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
So they employ someone with nfi about RL.

I bet when Grunt gets his Ferrari serviced he'll use a hairdresser - or anyone else that has nfi about cars.

Welsh merchent bankers are tailor made to run RL arent they :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
Because he shares your love of Union, right? Or because he has NFI?

He might be a good money manager - but running the NRL is FAR more than that.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Because he shares your love of Union, right? Or because he has NFI?

He might be a good money manager - but running the NRL is FAR more than that.

To run a company like lloyds you have to to be great people manager, and ensure you have the right people around you to provide the advice, cause there is no way any individual can know everything. It's down to how you use these people, and given the agenda is to implement the 5 year plan, I have no problem with his appointment.

If anything, not having a league background means he doesn't an opinion on what has been holding the game back. Thus he can push the game forward, and if he is a good people manager, get everybody to come along for the ride.

Silent Knight

First Grade

You really do have a severe case of tall poppy syndrome. Might want to have that checked. Rugby League isn't going back to the days of labourers playing league part-time, smoking Winnie Blues in the sheds and distrusting anyone who walks around in a suit. You might need to watch The Final Winter, players like Grub went the way of the dinosaur. The NRL is a professional business these days. Smith is an ideal choice.

thorson1987

Coach
You really do have a severe case of tall poppy syndrome. Might want to have that checked. Rugby League isn't going back to the days of labourers playing league part-time, smoking Winnie Blues in the sheds and distrusting anyone who walks around in a suit. You might need to watch The Final Winter, players like Grub went the way of the dinosaur. The NRL is a professional business these days. Smith is an ideal choice.

Great movie that one.

Loudstrat

Coach
I hope you are right. The fact that our new CEO told us many times that he loves Rugby Union rings alarm bells for me. Time will tell.

Regardless, the CEO has to be a people person more than a money person. Running a wing of Lloyds ticks the money person box, but plenty of arseholes with no people skills have been in charge of huge numbers of people before.

You have to have some understanding of the organisation you are running. And I dont buy this crap that most swallow that if you are associated in any way with RL you are a boofhead. Plenty of smart, successful businessmen and leaders played FG RL.

Latest posts