What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ARLC CEO Discussion

Who is your preferred NRL CEO?

• Total voters

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I'm waiting to see how his first year goes too.

The commission is dominated by people who have played or have a serious interest in RL and they are the people setting the agenda, so I'm not tooooo concerned about having a CEO who hasn't played the game before.

Let's face it, if the CEO was an ex-player/coach/etc we'd have other people saying the ARL was still an old boys club and we need someone fresh to run the game... Really can't judge him until his first 100 days are up.

Clarke

Juniors
Not sure. I'll reserve judgement until I see him in action but tbh I don't like the fact that he was a Union player as a kid. Union types are just different and don't understand the working mans game.

Despite the fact that he grew up in a workings man town in Wales and has supported Rugby League his whole life.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm intrigued as to why he has taken this role. Even if his name is tarnished (most people in the industry seem to think he did pretty well in the rather post apocalyptic world of post GFC finance), he could still find himself a nice well paid sinecure somewhere with more cash and a whole lot less hard work, scrutiny and muckraking than the insular and tribal world of RL

For mine, he's probably had a look at the product, decided that he can tap the potential of the game and make a name for himself in sports Administration. I do think it's safe to say that if he does an excellent job with the ARLC he won't be here very long before he moves on to pastures new, but that's not exactly bad for the game.

I look forward to seeing how the game goes forward with him at the helm.

I think this bloke will be good at mergers and voluntary administration. Merge Souths and East and relocate the sharks to Adelaide and secure funding from the IMF to develop PNG.

TheRam

Coach
Seems like a great appointment. Intelligent, engaging and he seems like he has a bit of toughness under there somewhere.

The fact that he is not aligned to a state, or former team, should also be a bonus.

TBH, I can't think of one current league administrator or former player who I'd be comfortable with in the role.

I think you will find that he is a Rooster supporter, as one would expect I suppose.

TheRam

Coach
I think this bloke will be good at mergers and voluntary administration. Merge Souths and East and relocate the sharks to Adelaide and secure funding from the IMF to develop PNG.

Then they will never have a RL team and the people of PNG will all be kicked of their lands and become permanent slaves to the banksters. Yeah great plan champ.

whall15

Coach
And there in lies our problem, now don't it Whall? He's a reptilian.

Don't hold that against him I'm reptilian too.

Remember how a couple of months ago I said that Parramatta would be winning the Premiership next year, well this is phase one of our plan.

As Jerry Seinfeld said "the wheels are in motion".

TheRam

Coach
Don't hold that against him I'm reptilian too.

Remember how a couple of months ago I said that Parramatta would be winning the Premiership next year, well this is phase one of our plan.

As Jerry Seinfeld said "the wheels are in motion".

Oh Jerry's reptilian too, now I get it, it all makes sense to me now.

No wonder that show has got a spell over all of us. George must be their leader for sure. Pure genius that boy.

What's phase two, George elected Parra CEO of everthing?

Fire

First Grade
OK I'll take the bait. TheRam, why are you so against the current international financial architecture, and all those who work in it?

TheRam

Coach
OK I'll take the bait. TheRam, why are you so against the current international financial architecture, and all those who work in it?

Are you serious, or are you just going to rag on me as soon as I show you why?

Fire

First Grade
Are you serious, or are you just going to rag on me as soon as I show you why?

Sorry about that, I was a massive wanker toward you in that other thread. I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely interested as to why you don't like it.

whall15

Coach
Sorry about that, I was a massive wanker toward you in that other thread. I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely interested as to why you don't like it.

Because they, like myself are shapeshifting reptilians, duh.

TheRam

Coach

Ok then watch this then and tell me what you think. Just remember what this guy is talking about is not his opinion but he has been researching this for over twenty years, and sort the opinions of economists like Milton Friedman, who verified his findings.

In Australia we do it slightly different, where we have virtually no reserve at all, as how it was explained to me by university of Newcastle economist Bill Mitchell two Saturdays ago, but obviously the result is virtually the same.

See link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItgJYhIy1U

Also a short but defined explanation of how it works is in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7xyfCZwKqQ

Fire

First Grade
Ok then watch this then and tell me what you think. Just remember what this guy is talking about is not his opinion but he has been researching this for over twenty years, and sort the opinions of economists like Milton Friedman, who verified his findings.

In Australia we do it slightly different, where we have virtually no reserve at all, as how it was explained to me by university of Newcastle economist Bill Mitchell two Saturdays ago, but obviously the result is virtually the same.

See link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItgJYhIy1U

Also a short but defined explanation of how it works is in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7xyfCZwKqQ

Thanks. I've bookmarked both videos, one is 2 hours long so will probably have to watch it Monday or Tuesday. I have to go now, but I'll bump that other thread and get back to you after I've watched them (looking forward to checking them out). Cheers.

Latest posts