What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CEO announced tomorrow???

planeteels

Juniors
FMD some of you people are dull!!!

As if any board is going to provide a decision summary to members everytime they make a decision. Regardless of what was promised in regards to transparency, that doesn't always mean that they are going to tell you everything.

The Board is exercising their right to make a decision on who they believe is the best candidate that best matches the board's "Vision" and are doing nothing different to what was done by the previous board when deciding that in 'their opinion' that Fitzgerald deserved a new contract because he was allegedly "doing his job".

Fact is, they are interviewing and have interviewed some of the 7 different potential CEO's.

If you want to know the answers as to the process, you have an AGM in which you are more than welcome to put your questions to the floor in general business. In the meantime sit back and let them do their bloody job.

Gronk

Staff member
Colonel, Gronk and Suity - I too was told I had a winning ticket.

If we don't win, anyone for a legal suit over misrepresentation????

Get Slater & Gordon on the line. I smell a class action. :x

planeteels

Juniors
Personally I would think, and this is just me if you are doing the job successfully and you have a contracts worth of experiance to back it up, you are the best candidate for the job. If you haven't done they job then that is another question.

The Problem there Colonel is yes know one knows anything about the process, which would to me seem a little secretive, or at least the possibility of secretive. The Current boards spokes person during the election said they would be open and transparent. Well it appears they have failed if no one knows the process as you say.

No Offense Mark, but you were/are a supporter of a Board who thrived on secrecy and ignorance of members for 30 years!!

forward pass

Coach
My newsagent told me I had the winning ticket...... sorry.

I'm buying Parramatta Stadium and both car parks from the government. They want to sell everything else so I reckon I can get a good deal.

When I win I would like to buy the stadium too - or if thats not possible then an NRL Jersey instead - they cost around the same.

fish eel

Immortal
I wasnt going to buy the stadium, just the NRL license off the leagues club and then all you turkeys wanting transparancy can suck on it while I turn the club into my own personal fiefdom.

mickdo

Coach
The Problem there Colonel is yes know one knows anything about the process, which would to me seem a little secretive, or at least the possibility of secretive. The Current boards spokes person during the election said they would be open and transparent. Well it appears they have failed if no one knows the process as you say.

Oh for goodness sake

mickdo

Coach
There was some concern from people prior to the elections we'd be seeing jobs for the boys and Leabeater et al would suddenly get jobs. First test of a job that has come up and I think, if it goes to Osbourne, we can rule out jobs for the boys.

Don't worry. The naysayers will still manage to find something wrong with it, no matter what.

mickdo

Coach
FMD some of you people are dull!!!

As if any board is going to provide a decision summary to members everytime they make a decision. Regardless of what was promised in regards to transparency, that doesn't always mean that they are going to tell you everything.

The Board is exercising their right to make a decision on who they believe is the best candidate that best matches the board's "Vision" and are doing nothing different to what was done by the previous board when deciding that in 'their opinion' that Fitzgerald deserved a new contract because he was allegedly "doing his job".

Fact is, they are interviewing and have interviewed some of the 7 different potential CEO's.

If you want to know the answers as to the process, you have an AGM in which you are more than welcome to put your questions to the floor in general business. In the meantime sit back and let them do their bloody job.

Damn right

fish eel

Immortal
Mark, you didnt answer my questions, which were genuine.

How transparent should this process be?

Would you be satisfied with an ad? Because that is no guarantee of a good or even transparent process. It could well be just ticking a box.

Should they name every person interviewed?

Tell me.

bartman

Immortal
Mark, you didnt answer my questions, which were genuine.

How transparent should this process be?

Would you be satisfied with an ad? Because that is no guarantee of a good or even transparent process. It could well be just ticking a box.

Should they name every person interviewed?

Tell me.
Since I'd raised a similar point of view to Mark, I'll give my answers...

Something like this is about as open as I would be looking for, and quite easy to do - http://www.portmagpies.com.au/news.php?news_id=455

May be tokenistic in terms of whether it would make a difference to the short list, but at least it is explicit in terms of intention as well as informative to the members about what their elected leadership is doing... and would have indicated a different approach in openness and communication to the last lot.

Stagger eel

Staff member
to be perfectly honest with you, I have every faith in the board that I voted for to make the decision themselves, after all it is the reason why I voted for them in the first place.

bartman

Immortal
And to be honest, the reason I voted for them (or a majority of them) was because of the promises of openness with and better communication to (and from) the membership...

Imo there was no point changing from one secret society where information only came to people in the know, just to replicate it again albeit with different people.

If Port Adelaide Magpies can place a note on their website about recruiting for a CEO, then surely Parramatta can manage that to be open and keep the members informed too?

fish eel

Immortal
Fair enough, I just keep going back to the point that is no guarantee of a good process.

For all you know, they've got their bloke/woman picked and thats just ticking a box to say 'ad placed' and poor buggers go and waste their time on applications.

I'd never heard of port adelaide magpies either lol

strider

Post Whore
too much hoo-har over nothing .... put some faith in the board - they have done ok so far ..... i think like ovo said, if the board is more in control, the ceo is less important anyway

fish eel

Immortal
hoo har lol

yep, too much hoo har considering I dont think anyone has yet said Paul Osbourne wouldnt be a good choice?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
For many months now on the other side, there's been a huge push for Paul Osborne. We are all behind him. Its great certain members of the board are attuning with us.

Paul is a great conduit of love, strength, has the down-to-earth positive attitude, excellent bullsh*t detector, a Jack Gibson like sounding board and the confidence that effects everyone who comes in contact with him, to not only run the Eels FC but to expand it hugely.

He is a magnet that will attract great players to co-create lifetime dreams of success with. Everyone wins with Paul, the fans, the club, the administrators, the coaching staff, the media and the wider communities.

The Eels Golden Age is now with us boys and girls. Lets keep feeding this dream with certainty. Finally Jack has been pestering me to pass on this most important message: "Talent is secondary to whether players are confident" and “Yes, it will take time, but it will never get done unless we push for it” and if everyone stays positively focused, united and energized...... ""Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"!

Paul Osborne:thumb

Boooo
Casper;-)

Latest posts