What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CEO announced tomorrow???

TheRam

Coach
Several top-flight women who would have immediate impact and bring heavyweight corporate experience to football and leagues club boards include former Channel Seven chief executive Maureen Plavsic, Museum of Contemporary Art executive Liz Ann McGregor, PBL media sales integration manager Lou Barrett, Harris Farm Markets manager Kathy Harris, public relations chief Amanda Little, Sydney University sport deputy director Michelle Nancarrow, the former Wizard executive Jill Emberson and the Australian Olympic Committee legal counsel Fiona de Jong.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/n...918083986.html

I wonder if any of these women got an invite?

Did the previous board consider any other candidates when Fitzy's contract come up for review?

Was there a need to, was he failing to perform his duties? Was there a consideration he would not be continuing on. If any of those where yes, then this is a valid discussion. At the time of Fitzy's last contract, the answers to all of these were no.

The Colonel

Immortal
Was there a need to, was he failing to perform his duties? Was there a consideration he would not be continuing on. If any of those where yes, then this is a valid discussion. At the time of Fitzy's last contract, the answers to all of these were no.

Depends on who you ask on the first one. Isn't though the board's responsibility to make sure they have considered the best candidates for the position no matter if they choose to return him to the job or not?

At the end of the day we know jack all about the current processes but it is good to see that people can still can some exercise jumping to conclusions. I suggest buying a bike.

Depends on who you ask on the first one. Isn't though the board's responsibility to make sure they have considered the best candidates for the position no matter if they choose to return him to the job or not?

Personally I would think, and this is just me if you are doing the job successfully and you have a contracts worth of experiance to back it up, you are the best candidate for the job. If you haven't done they job then that is another question.

The Colonel said:
At the end of the day we know jack all about the current processes but it is good to see that people can still can some exercise jumping to conclusions. I suggest buying a bike.

The Problem there Colonel is yes know one knows anything about the process, which would to me seem a little secretive, or at least the possibility of secretive. The Current boards spokes person during the election said they would be open and transparent. Well it appears they have failed if no one knows the process as you say.

Gronk

Staff member
When I win $90M tonight, I will buy the Eels and appoint my own CEO.

No, you cannot come in my private box.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Problem there Colonel is yes know one knows anything about the process, which would to me seem a little secretive, or at least the possibility of secretive. The Current boards spokes person during the election said they would be open and transparent. Well it appears they have failed if no one knows the process as you say.

But surely Mark, we don't need to, or even have the right to, know everything that is going on in the boardroom?
A new board has been voted in, by a massive majority I might add. I'm sure most people would be content in letting them make the decisions for now.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
When I win $90M tonight, I will buy the Eels and appoint my own CEO.

No, you cannot come in my private box.

My newsagent told me I had the winning ticket...... sorry.

I'm buying Parramatta Stadium and both car parks from the government. They want to sell everything else so I reckon I can get a good deal.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think Osbourne would be perfect for the job. out of left field but it could be an inspired choice.

fish eel

Immortal

and ypou would be satisfied with an ad in the paper for this? If so, as I have said, that could well be tokensim

Or would you prefer them to publicly name all the candidates they have considered, the interview panel and the questions asked?

But surely Mark, we don't need to, or even have the right to, know everything that is going on in the boardroom?
A new board has been voted in, by a massive majority I might add. I'm sure most people would be content in letting them make the decisions for now.

Suity

Most people seem happy that they are considering Osbourne for the position - but would have liked to have seen an ad in the paper.

Which, if they've got their eyes on a person, is 1. a waste of money and 2. a waste of time for possible applicants.

Personally, I'm satisfied that they appear to have nabbed someone with very good credentials both inside and outside of football, and that they have had a shortlist and seem to have conducted interviews.

There was some concern from people prior to the elections we'd be seeing jobs for the boys and Leabeater et al would suddenly get jobs. First test of a job that has come up and I think, if it goes to Osbourne, we can rule out jobs for the boys.

The Colonel

Immortal
That's what my newsagent said.
I feel a conspiracy to sell tickets here.

Suity

Barstards..... I knew there was something funny going on when he said the same thing to the little old lady in front. He didn't wink at her though.

:crazy:

fish eel

Immortal
Colonel, Gronk and Suity - I too was told I had a winning ticket.

If we don't win, anyone for a legal suit over misrepresentation????

The Colonel

Immortal
Personally, I'm satisfied that they appear to have nabbed someone with very good credentials both inside and outside of football, and that they have had a shortlist and seem to have conducted interviews.

There was some concern from people prior to the elections we'd be seeing jobs for the boys and Leabeater et al would suddenly get jobs. First test of a job that has come up and I think, if it goes to Osbourne, we can rule out jobs for the boys.

Sums it up perfectly.

Latest posts