What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CEO announced tomorrow???

Gordy

Juniors
For many months now on the other side, there's been a huge push for Paul Osborne. We are all behind him. Its great certain members of the board are attuning with us.

Paul is a great conduit of love, strength, has the down-to-earth positive attitude, excellent bullsh*t detector, a Jack Gibson like sounding board and the confidence that effects everyone who comes in contact with him, to not only run the Eels FC but to expand it hugely.

He is a magnet that will attract great players to co-create lifetime dreams of success with. Everyone wins with Paul, the fans, the club, the administrators, the coaching staff, the media and the wider communities.

The Eels Golden Age is now with us boys and girls. Lets keep feeding this dream with certainty. Finally Jack has been pestering me to pass on this most important message: "Talent is secondary to whether players are confident" and “Yes, it will take time, but it will never get done unless we push for it” and if everyone stays positively focused, united and energized...... ""Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"!

Paul Osborne:thumb

Boooo
Casper;-)

:shock:

Well said Casper. :cool:

the master eel

Juniors
guys,
i really think in this game its about headhunting not advertising the position.
osbourne came well recommended and that will do me!

.-) Daneel

Juniors
Mr Paul Osborne has the job. The rest is just to be seen as going through the processes. Its Done and dusted.

Great appointment by the Eels i believe. A highly respected man who will be a good fit for our club.

Welcome aboard Ozzy

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
No, you cannot come in my private box.

Am I the only one that noticed this?

Yes, but that is not what the majority people who voted in the election voted for. They voted for change and transparency.

I dont think thats entirely true. Sure most people on here voted for that because we have been given some good unbiased information about the election. But for other people who arent "in the know" (like my dad), they voted for 3P for one reason. Getting rid of Dennis Fitzgerald. Dad and I were talking to Pricey and Kenny for about an hour on election day and for a good 20 minutes of that, he was trying to hint to Pricey, "get rid of Fitzy". (along with his annoying hatred of Hayne)

Going back to Overton's statement "if the board get more involved, the CEO becomes less important", I personally believe that one man should not have that much control over something so important (important to us).

Getting rid of Fitzy was also good for our public image, which is important. Whether or not his replacement can handle the financial difficulties aswell as Fitzy has, is a worry however.

This selection process is a very delicate process, one that I dont think that should be open to the public as easily as you seem to desire.

eelsta

Bench
For many months now on the other side, there's been a huge push for Paul Osborne. We are all behind him. Its great certain members of the board are attuning with us.

Paul is a great conduit of love, strength, has the down-to-earth positive attitude, excellent bullsh*t detector, a Jack Gibson like sounding board and the confidence that effects everyone who comes in contact with him, to not only run the Eels FC but to expand it hugely.

He is a magnet that will attract great players to co-create lifetime dreams of success with. Everyone wins with Paul, the fans, the club, the administrators, the coaching staff, the media and the wider communities.

The Eels Golden Age is now with us boys and girls. Lets keep feeding this dream with certainty. Finally Jack has been pestering me to pass on this most important message: "Talent is secondary to whether players are confident" and “Yes, it will take time, but it will never get done unless we push for it” and if everyone stays positively focused, united and energized...... ""Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"!

Paul Osborne:thumb

Boooo
Casper;-)
:thumb:thumb

Mark, you didnt answer my questions, which were genuine.

How transparent should this process be?

Would you be satisfied with an ad? Because that is no guarantee of a good or even transparent process. It could well be just ticking a box.

Should they name every person interviewed?

Tell me.

How Transparent, well that is a question for each individual that voted in the past elections, but from my point of view what does open and transparent mean in terms of a CEO search.

Firstly it means advertising the position, not just the fact that there would be an ad in say The Australian, the AFR and maybe on our website, but that it would have a list of desirable features that our club was looking for in terms of a CEO. This would communicate to the membership and the greater public what our club holds in high regard and would offer some idea of a direction going forward.

I have no problem with our board or some people close to the club recommending people apply for the job, but in the interests of casting the net as wide as possible, and to dispel any though or impropriety there must be an ability for people without the contacts with the board or other high ranking Eels insiders to see if their experience is that our club find desirable and apply for the role.

Then I would think to be more transparent we get to the stage where a short list is drawn up like it has been now and key candidates, those highly thought of and representative of these group are muted. Maybe the short list is published maybe it is not.

From there I would expect the process to be internalized with phone and then actual interviews filtering down he candidates, but I don't think announcements need to be made on each of those or a reason why a certain candidate was not picked, I am sure the candidates could ask such questions of those interviewing them and that be kept private.

On the possibility of Mr Osbourne being our CEO, if he is the best person for the job, then I am more than happy with that. He has a great public image especially after the Hope Rwanda special on Fox Sports News, and appears to have a great deal of experience in politics and of course league, all of which could be exceptionally beneficial to a club like ours looking to rebuild a tarnished image and brand, and then commercialize it.

Delboy

First Grade
Fathead, I agree as there are quite a few people on here being very precious at the moment, and it does them no good at all. The King is dead, let the new king rule, there will be further elections in time, why carry on like little girls over decisions by those who have the clubs interest firmly at heart, anyone whop thinks that is not the case needs to find a mirror and take a good long look.

No Mentry, nothing yet, just speculation that Paul Osbourne will be announced as the New Football club CEO.

On all this I wonder if the Football Club CEO will be in complete charge of the Football office as Hilly appears from the Media reports to be.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Cool, cool.

I should mention the only reason I fell asleep was because I've had 4 hours' sleep. Work is bad atm. :crazy:. I didn't fall asleep because I was bored or anything. Just to clarify.

Latest posts