What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CEO - Crowe, Parr or Burraston

New CEO

• Crowe

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Parr

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Burraston

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

roopy

Referee
Apparently it is down to these three and will be decided by the end of the week.

Crowe - local junior who was in our grandfinal team in 97 and has been involved in the Knights from nearly the begining. Currently filling in doing the job.

Parr - former player and coach in the real NRL who has been doing the job for North Qld for several years and has been very successful as a CEO.

Burraston - former PL coach at the Knights and current coach of Macquarie in the real NRL as well as a successful ceo of a business.

Crowe stinks of jobs for the boys - but either of the others would be excellent IMO.
I'd like to see Crowe get a job somewhere else and come back to do the job next time around.

perverse

Referee
from your descriptions roops i've gone with parr. by the sounds he's well proven as effective (north qld are the epitome of how to build a winning culture at a club with hard work).

Nuffy

Bench
Its got to be Parr, he has the best credentials of the 3 and most importantly experience at running a footy club

My concern with that club is that its always a jobs for the boys scenario.

Crowe might be a nice bloke but he just doesn't have the experience. He got the football managers job by default and was only in that role for a limited time (with questionable results) and now got the acting CEO's job by default.

This is hardly the gold plated CV that should be required for the job.

Let me put it another way, the Knights are a 20+M a year business, take away Crowes football experience and would he get a job as CEO / GM of a 20M a year business, the answer is no.

We need a experienced CEO with sporting experience to guide us through this period and onto the next level. What we don't need is a CEO thats learning as he goes along.

The Knights face a challenging future with major sponsorship properties coming up for renewal at a time when we don't have the Johns pulling power.

We need the best possible CEO, not a old boy that needs to be looked after.

macavity

Referee
have to agree with Parr being the best man on the face of it.

however

why would he take a demotion? he is CEO at a successful club now. one with News money.

why would he become operations manager, or whatever they are calling it, at Newie, where he will have Wests over his shoulder, and won't have the autonomy he has now...

I think we will end up with Crowe for some reason. While he hasn't been a conway-esque blight on the club, as nuffy said he isn't a top-flight experienced candidate either. Jury well and truly out on that one - and it will be a poisoned challice if he doesn't get some top signings bedded down for '08.

roopy

Referee
The article in the Herald seemed to say Crowe was the only one of the three who actually put in an application (along with many others who have been cut) - Parr and Burraston were both 'head-hunted' or asked to apply.
The reporter obviously tried to get all three to say what they thought their chances were, and Parr and Burraston both played down their chances - but that just points to them not being big mouthed dickheads - which i would have thought was an obvious requirement for the job.
In other words - the reporter talked to them, and got nothing.

Nuffy

Bench
Mac

The reason is that Parr and his wife are both from Newcastle so it might be a chance to come home.

I'm not convinced that we can afford for Crowe to be a L plate CEO at this critical time in the clubs history.

macavity

Referee
they said he will start in 6wks time

thats a worry - he is going to miss what is shaping up as arguably the most important 6 weeks in the club's history.

funky_pineapple

Juniors
I met Parr when I was doing work experience at the Broncos. He was in charge of Junior Development. He was really nice to me.

Burwood

Bench
Wasn't Parr the North QLD official who got bashed up by thugs after a night out in Newcastle last year?

roopy

Referee
I wonder if Burraston has much to say about us dropping his son earlier this year.

AdamT

Juniors
roopy said:
Apparently it is down to these three and will be decided by the end of the week.

Crowe - local junior who was in our grandfinal team in 97 and has been involved in the Knights from nearly the begining. Currently filling in doing the job.

Parr - former player and coach in the real NRL who has been doing the job for North Qld for several years and has been very successful as a CEO.

Burraston - former PL coach at the Knights and current coach of Macquarie in the real NRL as well as a successful ceo of a business.

Crowe stinks of jobs for the boys - but either of the others would be excellent IMO.
I'd like to see Crowe get a job somewhere else and come back to do the job next time around.

I agree - I'd like to see Crowe get a job somewhere else too - Like Siberia

He has been acting CEO for far too long - and he wont get any Academy Awards for that neither. Only guy that would do a worse job than Crowe would be getting Conway back. lol

roopy

Referee
Got to say - he isn't the luckiest CEO ever - crowds down - Johns gone - now we might lose a homegame because of weather.

Latest posts