What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Deal For Folau In The Works.

johns_reds

First Grade
lets face it if any of us was offered 2-3 times as much as our current salary to do a job that was a little different but relatively the same we'd jump at it.

Good on him for getting the big $$$, i hope in the end that money makes you happy.

Lycon79

Juniors
I hope it's not true and is just more media BS butif it is does his departure put us in the box seat for Inglis' signiture ???

Mr Saab

Referee
Greg Inglis...please come on down....or Cronk...or Smith...but please....f**k off Billy Slater.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Hope Qld don't pick him, he don't deserve that privilege anymore. As for who the Broncos should go after I believe Inglis and Cronk would be the ones. Also top up a few contracts like Gilletes so no other club swoops in and takes our best young talent.

MightyBronco

Juniors
This is great news for the Broncs. Frees up a lot of money. Add in the salary cap increase and a few other little things. It will motivate a lot of the current crop to play out of their skins and get a bigger contract next time round. i.e Hoffman and Gillette.

I wouldnt make a play for Ingliss.To rich. Much better value in other places.

But of course Bruno is a mong, so he will prob offer him 600k a season or something stupid.

AuDragon

Juniors
This is great news for the Broncs. Frees up a lot of money. Add in the salary cap increase and a few other little things. It will motivate a lot of the current crop to play out of their skins and get a bigger contract next time round. i.e Hoffman and Gillette.

But of course Bruno is a mong, so he will prob offer him 600k a season or something stupid.
Sure, let's not make a play for Inglis, there's so much better out there...:crazy:

Big Mick

Referee
I hope the Broncos fans boo the sh!t out of him.

That'll be the backhand to the AFL that noone gives a sh!t that he is going...and noone will follow him to AFL.

beads6

First Grade
I hope the Broncos fans boo the sh!t out of him.

That'll be the backhand to the AFL that noone gives a sh!t that he is going...and noone will follow him to AFL.

I would boo him, but I am stuck in Melbourne hahah

hellteam

First Grade

Inglis is the best player in the game, I'd take him in a second. Probably rather Folau though because he was more consistent.

What's everyone's problem with Slater? I'm not the biggest fan of his at Origin level, but he's the best club fullback around.

Ghoulies

Bench
What's everyone's problem with Slater? I'm not the biggest fan of his at Origin level, but he's the best club fullback around.
Indeed. He's far from perfect, but you'd be a fool to deny that he's a very, very good fullback (cue the "all he has is pace" idiot-brigade).

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Cooper Cronk + Inglis is better than 400,000 plus for a winger anyway!

Only cronk and inglis will cost something like 700,000 to 750,000. The broncos don't have that kind of money to splash around.

Does anyone have an accurate account of how much the broncos are spending in the salary cap at the moment?

Also lockyno1 wat was your opinion on how tim smith played on saturday night compared to wallace?
:lol::D

On Folau, you'd have to be crazy to knock back that kind of money even if you are just going to a marketing pawn for a club that isn't going to survive. He is going to be a one trick pony in the afl and his one trick is going to be an ordinary trick aswell.

Do you think he still deserves to be picked for QLD?

My opion no.

Poll?

Country Bronco

Juniors
What a day. At least a decision has been made on his future now so we can get back to business. Not at all surprised izzy has jumped codes especially with money being offered. I've got no qualms there.

Its not the end of the world, we've got talent coming through to take his space and if anything this frees up money to be invested there. More importantly we should enjoy the last few games izzy plays for the broncs and support him all the way. With my qld cap I think we should select with our best interests in mind and if that is without folau than so be it.

I'm just relieved that this matter has been put to rest and inneundo will stop.