What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Deal For Folau In The Works.

AuDragon

Juniors
We probably do have that kind of money, but I'd rather spend it on upgrading some of our upcoming youngsters and getting GI.
Cronk deserves every compliment he gets, but I think we're well served in that dept...

Nevcost

Juniors
I wouldn't be suprised if we saw him on MTV's I love Money

I hope they don't pick him and give the Maroons jersey to Lote or Tomane if he's eligable and fit. After all the players we got rid of to sign him, as far as I'm concerned Israfl is dead to me.

Broncos93

Juniors
What's everyone's problem with Slater? I'm not the biggest fan of his at Origin level, but he's the best club fullback around.
Obviously Slater is a great player, but I wouldn't take him just because I don't like him. He's a grub, puts in dirty cheap shots to opposition players and backs himself at the most stupid of times (a sign of arrogance?). I could see him doing an Ashton Sims like thing and costing us a semi final by throwing a stupid pass or something.

screeder

Juniors
He won't be selected next origin match guaranteed. Sort of unwritten policy i think. As for Izzy's move i say good on him. He'd be absolutely laughing. Imagine being paid 3 mil to do something you've never done before and all you gotta do is go through the marketing bullsh*t. Thats 3 mil guaranteed money with no pressure. Some people will say he's under immense pressure to play good football for that money but he's not. He's not under any pressure at all. The AFL club are the ones who look stupid in all of this

Demetriou was in the CM the other day saying they have already got full value out of the cutie deal. Fair enough we'll have to take his word on that. Then he went on to say he just has to play some footy as if it was an afterthought. Well no sh*t einstein you've actually gotta play some footy for that money. Demetriou nearly forgot that minor detail.

Looking forward to ponies posting on this thread. Come on ponies give it to us.

KKW

Juniors
what's all this bulsh*t about the qld soo loyalty thing lockyer's raving on about. Didn't brad thorn play for the all blacks then came back to SOO. Tuqiri will be picked in folaus place as well. Qlder nuffy hypocrites

Ghoulies

Bench
what's all this bulsh*t about the qld soo loyalty thing lockyer's raving on about. Didn't brad thorn play for the all blacks then came back to SOO. Tuqiri will be picked in folaus place as well. Qlder nuffy hypocrites
How did this idiot find his way into our forum? Most people take less than 6 months to figure out where to post here. Obviously you don't fall into the category of most people...

Country Bronco

Juniors

Good one, kkw. Obviously you're new around here and got lost. As for your post, comedy goes in the firkin fun bar forum. I'm sure you'll be good value there.:eek:

ponies 4ever

Juniors
When I see the decision made by "the code hopper" it has nought to do with $$$$$$$$! This guy has betrayed a far greater code that his numbskull never would have even contemplated. I think about the following and it really makes me appreciate the decisions even more by Benji Marshall and Johnathon Thurston of late and guys like Darren Lockyer on a longer term basis.

1. When you go to a local junior game of Rugby League and see the countless hours coaches, water runners, firstaid officials, match officials, touchies, refs, canteen volunteers and parents and spectators alike that love Rugby League, and YOU CODE HOPPER have taken a giant dump all over that for your so called "challenge". FFS the only challenge you are taking up is what interest rate will best get you a return on your 6 million mercenary paesos.

2. As has been widely spread the bulls--t artist has known 4 weeks what he was up to and sought the deal out himself and pulled a Hunt to weasel into another Origin game unfairly denying players true to our code of representing a generationally great QLD team.

3. To have the audascity to say I'll give 150% 4 the cause when next year you are the billboard selling a rival product against the "gladiator sport" that made you in one of our heartlands in Western Sydney sickens me. You are a gellatunous tapeworm and the lies you propogate "will haunt you" Code Hopper.

4. To hear you cry Mummy and Daddy are going back to Sydney and I'm still not off the teet simply brought howls of laughter that anyone could possibly be buying this absolute s--t.

5. To watch you in our strip for the remainder of 2010 makes me wish we could not accumulate competition points as you deserve no further accolades of any kind in Rugby League you parasite. Only that the rest of the squad would be unfairly punished.

6. All of this could have been avoided if you simply did not willingly and knowingly bulls--t the very same legion of Rugby League fans that adored you. Forget the media diatribe, any realistic person knows this was played out weeks, maybe months ago, and Arthur Beetson certainly smelt the stink from afar.

7. Take your $$$$$$$$$$ and never return and may you be the pimple on a skunks arsecrack from hereon and when you miserably fail at AFL and use the same antics to milk YAWNION hopefully the powers to be have the NRL running like a runaway locomotive with new superstars and you are left to be remembered as the fool that might have a big bank balance but gave away something money could never buy, RUGBY LEAGUE IMMORTALITY.

AuDragon

Juniors
I'm sure you would turn down $1,5M p/y. :roll:

RUGBY LEAGUE IMMORTALITY or $6 Million, yeah... tough choice.:crazy:

Broncos93

Juniors
I'm sure you would turn down $1,5M p/y. :roll:

RUGBY LEAGUE IMMORTALITY or $6 Million, yeah... tough choice.:crazy:
Honest to God, I'd rather be payed a very good wage for doing the thing I love most in life (playing League) than take a ridiculous wage to play a rival sport which you've never played and will most likely be no good at. When you're earning $450,000-$500,000 a year, how can you change from the sport you've played all your life? Sure 1.5mil is a lot of money, but when you're earning half a mil surely the value of other contracts must slide down your list of priorities just a little bit? You're earning great money for doing something you love, why change that for more cash which you can do without?

Lycon79

Juniors
I don't think I'd knock back 6 Mil but I hope he spends it wisely because when he is 35-36 years old has busted knees etc I don't think there will be many people in either code that will want to see him in the media or or doing ambassador work. If he stayed loyal RL no doubt with his squeaky clean image he would of played some kind of role upon retirment but now all that will be lost.

So to weigh up 6mil for 4 years then labourers wages for the rest of your life (lets face it hes dumb as a post)against staying loyal to the code that made you and be on good coin for a lot longer even after retirment, I think I'd take the later to be honest.

hellteam

First Grade
I don't think I'd knock back 6 Mil but I hope he spends it wisely because when he is 35-36 years old has busted knees etc I don't think there will be many people in either code that will want to see him in the media or or doing ambassador work. If he stayed loyal RL no doubt with his squeaky clean image he would of played some kind of role upon retirment but now all that will be lost.

So to weigh up 6mil for 4 years then labourers wages for the rest of your life (lets face it hes dumb as a post)against staying loyal to the code that made you and be on good coin for a lot longer even after retirment, I think I'd take the later to be honest.

Exactly right have a look at all the league players that are still involved in the code - coaching, media, ambassador etc - I have no idea if that's the case in AFL, but Folau is not going to be a great in that sport so I doubt he'll get any role there.

AuDragon

Juniors
Exactly right have a look at all the league players that are still involved in the code - coaching, media, ambassador etc - I have no idea if that's the case in AFL, but Folau is not going to be a great in that sport so I doubt he'll get any role there.

C'mon guys, be serious. How exactely is Andrew Johns an example with his drug use, and still he's got a fairly good gig with Ch.9.
Even worse example is big Dell, with his code hopping and drug use... Didn't stop him from having TV gigs all over the place! :roll:

I'll admit Folau doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb, but when well invested, 6Mil sets you up for a very comfortable life!

applesauce

Bench
The difference with Lote and Folau is:

Union is never going to overtake RL.

The AFL has come out and said it is coming to get us. I don't blame him for taking the cash but I resent him for contributing to the AFL's possible success and weakening ours. The whole situation though is giving the AFL a leg up and they don't need that anytime let alone around SOO.

All that is hypothetical though it could be the worst experiment ever undertaken by the AFL.