What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Deal For Folau In The Works.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I've been pretty dirty on Folau about this whole saga and it could of been handled a lot better. If Izzy wants to stay that's great, but if 2 yrs down the track we have to replay this whole saga again......I don't know ? It has to be terribly destabilising 4 the club and if we miss the chance to sign a long term option with no desire to leave league it's a dilemma.

Israel I truly believe you could captain this proud club and become an immortal, but only if you are committed to the greatest game of all......RUGBY LEAGUE!

PS Your talents would have been truly wasted on the dark side, so you got the first step right champ.

beads6

First Grade
I wouldn't see Izzy as captain material IMO. Great player though and I hope we keep him .

Lycon79

Juniors
I can't understand why alot of people are attacking Izzy for taking his time to make a life altering decsion. It's the F$%king media that are dragging his name through the mud with all the speculation they create from one comment they get from some guy whose uncles step daughters mailman, knows Izzys brothers GP who said he likes pizza from Lygon st so he must be going to play AFL?? It's just getting old leave the bloke alone.

hellteam

First Grade
28 tries in 28 games for the Broncos, what a record. Can't image anyone else would come close to that try scoring rate in the NRL. Stay Izzy!

screeder

Juniors
Fox Sport 2 boys and girls, Izzy has virtually signed the deal for western sydney AFL they'd have us believe. Expecting announcment within 24 hours.(AFL source)

beads6

First Grade
LOL congrats to IZZY losing the respect of alot of people IMO. He hasn't even won a legitimate Premiership.

screeder

Juniors
Yeah but your virtually selling your soul to the devil, unless you've got a strong AFL background(which is never the case).

Tyler.Durden

Juniors
One professional game vs another, hardly selling you soul to the devil. I'm as disappointed as much as anyone else. But how can you leave more than half a million on the table?

Broncos93

Juniors
If he does go, just like Karmichael, he'll be back. A big name can only get you so far in a sport that you've never played before. He's nothing more than a publicity stunt for the GWS. Izzy's leap stands out in Rugby League, but then again so would any decent AFL player who played Rugby League, they'd all out jump our players. The AFL blokes know that, and they know he can't kick for sh*t. If he does go to AFL, they'll use him to put bums on seats then discard him like Gold Coast will discard Karmichael.
Anyone here who's played both codes of Rugby knows how different it is, and you can be a top player in one and be crap in the other. If you haven't played both codes, then take a look at all the union converts from the NRL. Hardly anyone has gone on and done great things in Union. If it's that hard to adapt to a different form of Rugby, then Izzy (and cutie) has got no chance of adapting to AFL. His trademark giant leap will be forgotten when it's seen that he's got an average jump by AFL standards, and he'll be a shot duck.

....Still, I hope to God that Fox Sports report was bullsh*t =[

Titanic

First Grade
You shouldn't take them back. Use the money on new stars. The NRL should wave these types of guys goodbye, wish them all the best in the fortune hunting and never let them register again.

I include Mat Rogers in that too - good player, bad choice.

Last edited:

badav

Bench
You shouldn't take them back. Use the money on new stars who are loyal to the club and the code. The NRL should wave these type of guys goodbye, wish them all the best in the fortune hunting and never let them register again.

Its been said before and its an overused Cliche, but you can't cut your nose off to spite your face.

Not to mention the NRL is in no position to deny any of these blokes from coming back.

Mat Rogers
Timana Tahu
Wendell Sailor
Lote Tuqiri

It would be pretty hard to argue that these guys haven't put bums on seats and added value to Rugby League since returning.

What would the NRL have possibly got out of denying them?? It sure as hell wouldn't be a deterrant for others to leave so its just pointless.

screeder

Juniors
One professional game vs another, hardly selling you soul to the devil. I'm as disappointed as much as anyone else. But how can you leave more than half a million on the table?

Its not pro sport v pro sport, its pro sport v marketing pawn (devil). Izzy will struggle in that sport, they don't kick to a contest anymore anyway.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Very disappointing if true. But it's not the end of the world. His money would definitely come in handy.