What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Deal For Folau In The Works.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
The reason I resent "code hopper" has nought to do with the war chest AFL have paid him, good luck to him, I hope it sends GWS broke. It is the huge dump he has taken on the game that made him that irks me. To be the face of THAT GAME in one of our heartllands is to stab us in the back ! Let's face it, he sought them out, lied about staying on, refused to take up his option with the Broncos, hung out for another QLD jersey; probably on the premise that his future employers' got further exposure during our showpiece event since their concept is DEAD AND BURIED and then pulls out the K challenge BS line. No time 4 you at all "code hopper", on ya bike and never, never return. Gallop should blackban any future representative involvement in RL to such traitors. Ask someone like Rita Langer who has devoted countless hours of canteen service unpaid at junior rugby league her opinion, it would be very interesting. Take your money "code hopper", just save us all the BS !:x Ethics 101 - enrol I.F

badav

Bench
The reason I resent "code hopper" has nought to do with the war chest AFL have paid him, good luck to him, I hope it sends GWS broke. It is the huge dump he has taken on the game that made him that irks me. To be the face of THAT GAME in one of our heartllands is to stab us in the back ! Let's face it, he sought them out, lied about staying on, refused to take up his option with the Broncos, hung out for another QLD jersey; probably on the premise that his future employers' got further exposure during our showpiece event since their concept is DEAD AND BURIED and then pulls out the K challenge BS line. No time 4 you at all "code hopper", on ya bike and never, never return. Gallop should blackban any future representative involvement in RL to such traitors. Ask someone like Rita Langer who has devoted countless hours of canteen service unpaid at junior rugby league her opinion, it would be very interesting. Take your money "code hopper", just save us all the BS !:x Ethics 101 - enrol I.F

I think you need to get some facts straight.

I don't see how Isreal Folau ever lied to anyone. 2nd of all he has every right to refuse to take up a contract option. That's why its an option mate, otherwise he would have been signed to a four year deal.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Maybe check some Foxsports archives and look at the interviews matey, if QLD winning is important enough to sell short our morals and the countless hours unpaid volunteers do to help nuture the likes of I.F, only for them to turn their back on the game and promote a rival code in our heartland, well the whole scenario is pretty sad. Arthur Beetson smelt the rat, the non-use of I.F in new Broncos adds told the story early and anyone naive enough to believe the fairytales being spun by the man himself are dead set kidding. If he would of just come out and been straight up fine, but just like the line he sold everyone when he left the Storm he has cast a spell over many with catchphrase reasoning. Take your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and leave. QLD management thang your heads in shame as you have set a dangerous precedent.

Dazzat

First Grade
Maybe check some Foxsports archives and look at the interviews matey, if QLD winning is important enough to sell short our morals and the countless hours unpaid volunteers do to help nuture the likes of I.F, only for them to turn their back on the game and promote a rival code in our heartland, well the whole scenario is pretty sad. Arthur Beetson smelt the rat, the non-use of I.F in new Broncos adds told the story early and anyone naive enough to believe the fairytales being spun by the man himself are dead set kidding. If he would of just come out and been straight up fine, but just like the line he sold everyone when he left the Storm he has cast a spell over many with catchphrase reasoning. Take your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and leave. QLD management thang your heads in shame as you have set a dangerous precedent.

Morals? Exactly what 'morals'. For that type of money most of us would have done the same as Izzy did. He's still playing league, is still more an ambassador for league than AFL ... so let's pick him.

Precedent? Do you expect many more players will be switching codes? I doubt it very much.

bluey

Bench

You Nailed it.

bluey

Bench
Morals? Exactly what 'morals'. For that type of money most of us would have done the same as Izzy did. He's still playing league, is still more an ambassador for league than AFL ... so let's pick him.

Precedent? Do you expect many more players will be switching codes? I doubt it very much.

Ambassador For League My Ass,

Dazzat

First Grade
Ambassador For League My Ass,

It's my firm belief, that everyone who has this attitude would never even consider changing jobs if they were offered twice the money somewhere else. And if they did consider changing jobs, in the end, they'd stay loyal to their current employer to earn less money ..... NOT.

taipan

Referee
It's my firm belief, that everyone who has this attitude would never even consider changing jobs if they were offered twice the money somewhere else. And if they did consider changing jobs, in the end, they'd stay loyal to their current employer to earn less money ..... NOT.

There is nothing wrong with changing jobs,that is not the point.THe BIG difference,Izzie made the decision public during the origin series.He was paraded in front of the TV cameras with the GWS mob as their prize recruit,whilst in fact he was still contracted to the Broncos.
His signing has done more to take the focus off origin and on to the AFL,than any other I know of.
He isan ambassador for the AFL from the moment he put pen to paper publicly,and his current rl contract and Origin is a means to an end.

Dazzat

First Grade
His signing has done more to take the focus off origin and on to the AFL,than any other I know of.
I actually believe the exact opposite is true. Origin is now on the radar for AFL fans, and only a nuclear war will take the focus off Origin for league fans.

I know for myself, this whole thing has only increased my hatred for all things NSW/Blue, and renewed my passion for the MIGHTY MAROONS!!!!!:cool:

As far as the AFL goes ... I just see them as a pack of desperados looking for desperate answers by playing untested players millions of dollars.

Lycon79

Juniors
As far as the AFL goes ... I just see them as a pack of desperados looking for desperate answers by playing untested players millions of dollars.

I agree smells of rah rah 5 years ago, a desperate PR attempt. Look how that worked out for them all those players are back playing NRL, super 14 is the most boring event on the sporting calender and australian rugby is still a shambles because of a lack of depth. This latest raid from AFL will end in a similar fashion its a shame Izzy has put himself right in the middle of it.

AuDragon

Juniors
Izzy will be back in RL after filling his pockets with fumble ball money. I have no doubts about it!
I hope the Broncs will have enough persuasion to bring him back though, as he might be settled in Sydney by then...