What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Eels Jersey and NEW EELS Logo coming soon!!

Knightmare

Coach
Yeah I like the new logo (although it looks a tad phallic!). It looks more tough in a "Don't f**k with us!" sort of way. And for goodness sake, whoever is responsible for the new jersey design, remember it's a FOOTBALL JERSEY and not a DESIGNER OUTFIT!!!! Follow Manly and Canberra's lead and go for an old school design and GET RID OF THAT WHITE STRIPE!!!

doyoumean dots as in the way they used to be on the old eel? Startinglarge and then shrinking as they go down while the colours switch?

That would be,wellattheleast, interesting, and I'd be willing to give it a go. Either it would kick some ass and we would have the best jersey or it would look totally ridiculous and I'd have another chance to wear stoopid idiotic clothes!

half

Coach
yeah

pretty much do you know how canberra has the stripes down the side of their jersey? well instead of stripes, that's where i would like the dots. let's say the side of the jersey is dark blue, i think lighter blue dots would look nice. not something that provides a big contrast, because then it would probably look goofy

penrith has hexagons on their jersey - that's kind of what i'm thinking. i don't want a jersey that flamboyant though. the panthers away jersey looks like something you would see in a hip hop clip from the 80's

Forum Idiot

Bench
i cant understand why we dont go back to this jersey. i love it! i grew up with this jersey and i really miss it.
parranh1.jpg
parralb2.jpg
i wear the home jersey every night! its my pyjamas.
parra jersey and old footy shorts.

Forum Idiot

Bench
Parra_Eels said:
which was the home jersey blue or yellow. great players wearing it as well - dymock and smith
thats dymock and hindy! whats doing? you dont recognise our current best player(or one of our best anyway)??!!

tracksuitman

Juniors
The logo looks like the old round one with a touch of new! The text looks like the same as the sevens jersey. I think people should put up their own designs and see if they can do better!

noosa-eel

Juniors
I agree with you Forum Idiot, that jersey was one of the best.

I've got one signed and will never part with it. :D :D

Parra_Eels

Bench
thats dymock and hindy! whats doing? you dont recognise our current best player(or one of our best anyway)??!!

sorry i had a bit of a mental blank i meant dymock in the yellow and the legendary dean pay in the other photo. the canterbury 4 were my favourite players

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Smith was the man!

We have him at the end of 2000 and we win the comp for sure

I agree.....Smith would have been the X factor if avaliable.....imagine having Smith in the 2001 side :shock:

btw

I believe that best jersey we had was our jersey from 86 to 94.....this jersey was magnificent & brought back so many memories from when i was growing up in the 80's.

Parra_Eels

Bench
and also do you think if smith and dymock stayed on for 01 we could've actually won that f**king grand final and the minor premiership by more.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parra_Eels said:
and also do you think if smith and dymock stayed on for 01 we could've actually won that f***ing grand final and the minor premiership by more.

Absolutely.......i have no doubts about it!!....in his last 2 year's for Parra...at some stages he was voted the best forward in the world....he was on fire with us!!

I don't think Dymock was that great though....for every good pass he threw he'd throw 100 shockers!!

half

Coach
dymock played well whenever smith wasn't on the field. he needed to be in charge to play at his best

i regarded smith as the best player in the nrl when he was at parra, but i felt getting rid of him was something we ultimately needed to do for the rest of the team to improve. we depended on him way too much to spark our attack and other players weren't stepping up

i felt beuttner did ideal for us in 2001 anyway. you hear manly fans go on about lyons-menzies, but beuttner-lyon was just as good. lyon is a great player, but he needs to be serviced well to play at his full potential - something we didn't see this season