What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jumper. In Stores Apparently

gregstar

Referee
Fact - i have 3 different jerseys
Fact - the f*ckers aren't sucking yet another $150 or so out of me again unless the dragons change colours!

thommo4pm

Coach
gregstar said:
Fact - i have 3 different jerseys
Fact - the f*ckers aren't sucking yet another $150 or so out of me again unless the dragons change colours!

hahaha!!!!!

that is true.
I have 4 jerseys at home, 4 different styles I should say.
I have the traditional one with the Red V, 3 of these.
I have the blood and bandages.
I have a Charity Shield Jersey, and
An Anzac Day jersey.

I can't really afford another $180 + for another jersey.
I have already bought far too much Dragons merchandise, having something like 50 items of clothing from them is enough. Along with all the other stuff.

If they win a comp though they can ask me to spend whatever they deem neccessary. :lol: just kidding on that.

borat

Bench
Yes, I do see the dilema for the marketing people in selling jerseys when we have had the traditional Red V for how many years with minimal changes. Not that there is anything wrong with that, something to be proud of actually. However if you were responsible for the jersey sales I am sure you would be scratching your head trying to come up with ways to get people to keep buying a jersey that hardly ever changes. Hence all of the different away/charity shield/anzac day/training jerseys.

IF you were in marketing for Penrith for instance you would be cheering as they seem to completely change strips ever year or so. Only problem there is they have to convice penrith supporters to sell there cherished 1982 Ford Falcon complete with multi coulored doors, coat hanger aerial and no stereo, just to come up with the cash.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I own a 1965 Throwback for the colder months & a St George Newmas-era for the warmer ones...

It's all you need.

RICHO

Juniors
Looks very much like a training jersey. If it is, it's much better than last years!

I never knew a jersey (especially one that no one knows the purpose of) could stimulate so much infighting!!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
I never knew a jersey (especially one that no one knows the purpose of) could stimulate so much infighting!!!

Anything remotely resembling Steelers causes infighting in this club, with the fans at least.

Personally I dont see what the who-ha is all about. It's jersey that we will only wear once & it's just used to make some bucks :|

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
I got:

96 Newmans Red V
99 Integral Red V
01 Integral Blood and Bandages
04 St George Bank Red V
04 St George Bank Blood and Bandages
05 St George Bank Red V
1965 Throwback Red V

and soon I will be getting

1979 Penfolds Red V
St George vs Great Britain Blood and Bandages

quagmirethrust.gif

"Allriiighhht"

drake

First Grade
Mighty Dragon said:
What are you talking about???

I just reckon Buzz and all the people on that site are losers...'cos its true.

Someone forgot to take their angry pills.
Jeez, somebody didn't take their daily dose of reality. I didn't realise you were the oracle of good taste in all things Dragons.
Don't believe the hype MD, the 'Bra is just a surfside suburb being high-rised, it's not the Venice Beach of Sydney. It's all a gag made up by Hinesy and Jai to make us look tougher. :lol:
If you don't know what I'm talkin' about, you must be a blow-in.

Now, as to the new controversial jersey. As opposed to the last controversial jersey.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. I won't buy it, because I'm a povo. I would have to sell my beat up old car to pay for it. ;-) but if I could afford the frivilous expenditure, I would. (If I were a rich man, or single at least.)

Unfortunately we were fed a plate of stinkies when they said the Red V was non negotiable, and besides, if people buy them, especially through an affiliated store, the money helps our football team.
But hey, vote with your dow-lar.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mighty Dragon said:
I got:

96 Newmans Red V
99 Integral Red V
01 Integral Blood and Bandages
04 St George Bank Red V
04 St George Bank Blood and Bandages
05 St George Bank Red V
1965 Throwback Red V

and soon I will be getting

1979 Penfolds Red V
St George vs Great Britain Blood and Bandages

quagmirethrust.gif

"Allriiighhht"

Did I miss a meeting?? When did this come out?? A MUST-HAVE!!

drake said:
Now, as to the new controversial jersey. As opposed to the last controversial jersey.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. I won't buy it, because I'm a povo. I would have to sell my beat up old car to pay for it. ;-) but if I could afford the frivilous expenditure, I would. (If I were a rich man, or single at least.)

Unfortunately we were fed a plate of stinkies when they said the Red V was non negotiable, and besides, if people buy them, especially through an affiliated store, the money helps our football team.

True, but the reality is that a large number of people will buy anything as long as they slap a logo on it.

And how much does the club make from jersey sales anyway? I was under the impression that the NRL gets the lions share.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I only have the Integral jersey. I was thinking about buying the latest St George Bank jersey, but since I don't earn that much money I probrably won't. Besides, there nothing wrong with me jersey at all, & in reality the jersey hasn't changed at all besides sponser. As Drake said, if I had 150+ to blow I'd buy it for sure.

If they win the premiership with the jersey, I'll buy it :)

drake

First Grade
Daithi O'Conaill said:
drake said:

True, but the reality is that a large number of people will buy anything as long as they slap a logo on it.

And how much does the club make from jersey sales anyway? I was under the impression that the NRL gets the lions share.

As far as I know the clubs get a decent share when the jersey is bought from the affiliated store. So buy gear online at the dragons website, from Rebel across from the Taj, or the Dragons Cave at Bollongong.
If u buy from Peter Wynn's the club gets sfa. But as the Club gets SFA from throwbacks (not Junta) I'm gonna get one of them from Wynns.

Anyway, my old Newmans is a corpse that doesn't fit me, my 2000 Integral is dying, but my 14 week old son has shining bright red V ready for February.

Southernsaint

Staff member
drake said:
Daithi O'Conaill said:
drake said:

As far as I know the clubs get a decent share when the jersey is bought from the affiliated store. So buy gear online at the dragons website, from Rebel across from the Taj, or the Dragons Cave at Bollongong.
If u buy from Peter Wynn's the club gets sfa. But as the Club gets SFA from throwbacks (not Junta) I'm gonna get one of them from Wynns.

Anyway, my old Newmans is a corpse that doesn't fit me, my 2000 Integral is dying, but my 14 week old son has shining bright red V ready for February.

LOL!!

There's nothing on the Peter Wynn's Score website about the 1979 Throwback. Can anyone post a pic??

If the club actually put out a decent St George Heritage jersey, they wouldn't have to worry about supporters spending their money elsewhere...

Latest posts