What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New LEague unlimited ticket.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
After speaking to a few people who have tried contacting unity through all available channels, Web, email, facebook etc, I propose that all Unity Nominees to be removed from the Unlimited ticket.
Reason as follows.
1. Unity seem to be reluctant to answer basic membership questions with zero replies to anybody.
2. Unities biggest draw card was Dunphy & he has pulled out of the ticket & will not stand.
3. Unity is made up of Lawyers, business people & marketing experts & yet couldnt get their own marketing campaign organised correctly or even legal with apoligies & corrections having to be made.
4. The spreading of rumours, via the Carney Army facebook page directly from the Unity camp about Carney & Flanagan endorsing their ticket & walking to St George if certain nominees are elected.
5.None of the current Unity nominees memberships are older than a few weeks.
6. Unity is threatening legal action about the ratification of 11th hour memberships sought by Unity through the Cronulla Caringbah Rugby league Club.
7. Threatening legal action about the integrated membership of certain nominees & their sponsorship arrangements, that has been disallowed.

this is unfortunate becasue the Unity ticket had some talent on it that the club could well use. But their disdain for the membership base in answering questions & suing the club for their own laziness in becoming members.

I therefore propose we build a new ticket

1. Coleman
2. Cobb
3.Mark Mcgaw
4.Mark Goodwin
5.Douglas

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I dont hink you understand the Process MU.
To become a director you need to be a member of the leagues & or the footbal club. Better to be both.
The club then calls for nominations 1 month prior to elections which are held at the AGM & nominations are closed 2 weeks prior to the AGM
All nominations are listed & members are advised.
members who attend the AGM are registered & then are able to vote. There is no postal voting or proxy voting.
The idea of the Unlimited Ticket, is for people to print it off here & then vote along those lines.
But here is the rub. EAch nominee is aligned with a ticket. So usually people vote exactly as their ticket hand out says.
So lets say 500 fans of Unity vote along those lines & 500 fans of Vision vote along those lines, then there is a draw & the most eligible nominess, ie member of both football & leagues clubs, are selected.
However, the unlimited ticket will break this dead lock & put the best candidates in from each ticket.
the problem is however, Unity have pharked up & are being quite scurrilous IMO so they dont deserve to be on the unlimited ticket. Im trying to work out if Mcgaw has a ticket.

Jimbo

Immortal
Added Goodwin & Mcgaw to ticket.
1 cop is enough on the board. As is 1 lawyer, 1 doctor etc etc.

Gorick is much more than just a cop

He's a successful businessman and project manager in his own right and is very well connected

Jimbo

Immortal
so you think the entire Mcgaw ticket should get on?

Haven't met Sparkles, but he also has a decent resume (not just an ex-player)

My interest in it all is from a corporate governance perspective (my trade), specifically culture and the flow of information up the chain

The club has problems in this area, and you don't get to the level in the coppers that blokes like Gorick and Goodwin did without demonstrable ability in fixing it

I will be voting for all three, but if I had to pick two it would be Gorick and Goodwin

A good board needs to be unified or at least have a majority unified.

If Coleman and Douglas are musts to continue the development, then the 4 others on Vision ticket need to be elected to have a majority without the chairman having a decisive vote (good corporate governance). As Gorrick & Goodwin appear to be cleanskins, that leaves 2 others undecided for me

jc155776

Coach
One of the Boldeman isn't on a ticket if we are looking to fill spaces.

Advertising background. Heads up Channel 9's advertising for magazines whatever they are called.

newman

First Grade

Advertising background. Heads up Channel 9's advertising for magazines whatever they are called.

I wouldn?t vote for Boldo for the same reason I didn?t nominte to run myself. He is too young (and is younger than me).

He would be the youngest director ever on a NRL board. While I?m sure he thinks he can do a good job he hasn?t been around the block enough times and I am not trying to denigrate his ambition.

I think at board level having unification is important and If you are successful and involved on numerous boards then you are highly unlikely to be a yes man. In fact you are not doing your duty as a director if you do not consider all the facts when making a decision. (note Unity ticket).

This is opposed to management where a CEO or General Manager might bring in yes man around him/her and they will do what their told for fear of losing their pay packet.

Rexxy

Coach

think you are thinking of Lou Barrett. Gave up woolaware Rd to live next door to ray Hadleeeeeeee

whall15

Coach
Millersnose and Jimbo.

Surely these right-wing economic geniuses will get Cronulla sorted post-haste.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I dont hink you understand the Process MU.
To become a director you need to be a member of the leagues & or the footbal club. Better to be both.
The club then calls for nominations 1 month prior to elections which are held at the AGM & nominations are closed 2 weeks prior to the AGM
All nominations are listed & members are advised.
members who attend the AGM are registered & then are able to vote. There is no postal voting or proxy voting.
The idea of the Unlimited Ticket, is for people to print it off here & then vote along those lines.
But here is the rub. EAch nominee is aligned with a ticket. So usually people vote exactly as their ticket hand out says.
So lets say 500 fans of Unity vote along those lines & 500 fans of Vision vote along those lines, then there is a draw & the most eligible nominess, ie member of both football & leagues clubs, are selected.
However, the unlimited ticket will break this dead lock & put the best candidates in from each ticket.
the problem is however, Unity have pharked up & are being quite scurrilous IMO so they dont deserve to be on the unlimited ticket. Im trying to work out if Mcgaw has a ticket.

Voting actually starts tomorrow.

Tuesday 16th April between 10:00hrs-14:00hrs
Wednesday 17th April between 10:00hrs-14:00hrs
Thursday 18th April between 18:00hrs-23:00hrs
Friday 19th April between 16:00hrs-22:00hrs
Saturday 20th April between 12:00hrs-17:00hrs
Sunday 21st April between 10:00hrs-16:00hrs

Latest posts