What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new look 2014 team

willzy91

Juniors
This would be my team for next year:

1. Josh Dugan (still to sign)
2. Brett Morris
3. Dylan Farrell
4. Gerard Beale
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Rangi Chase (still to sign)
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jack Stockwell
11. Ben Creagh
12. Joel Thompson
13. Trent Merrin (option to move into front row in games with two back rowers on the bench)
Interchange:
14. Bronson Harrison
15. Tyson Frizell
16. Mike Cooper
17. Cameron King

This would mean, the likes of Matt Cooper, Michael Weyman, Nathan Fein, and Matt Prior would be either moving on or retiring.

This also gives up more depth in our squad with the likes of youngsters Evander Cummins, Adam Quinlin, Damian Cook, kyle stanley, chase stanley, Daniel Vidot and Jack de Belin pushing top graders for positions.

Last edited:

willzy91

Juniors
Recruitment still to come - I expect to see a name centre and a prop signed after Rangi

wouldnt you say that Mike Cooper would be their prop purchase though? and i agree with the centre purchase as well but who knows how much cash we have left after these purchases, and im not sure if there are too many decent centres on the market, unless we look to the super league which we like to do already.

TheRev

Coach
I think a big prop is still necessary, we cannot compete with packs like the roosters or souffs, we need atleast 1 more massive unit, preferably not the slow kind.

And Rangi is still in the air, id love to put that deal to bed, Rangi+Widdop is freaking exciting.

BennyV

Referee
Runciman will need at least a year in NSW Cup, so either Stanley will stay in the centres or there will be a centre purchase. Either way, I'd be comfortable.

I also imagine Merrin to prop, Creagh to lock (or vice versa) Stockwell or Hunt to bench, Friz to second row - the way that guy is developing there's no way he wont be in the starting line.

willzy91

Juniors
I also imagine Merrin to prop, Creagh to lock (or vice versa) Stockwell or Hunt to bench.[/QUOTE]

I would say with the way stockwell is playing now, and he is only going to get bigger and better as a player, he would be my first choice starting prop for next season, has good go forward as a youngster and its only for him from here on in. Dan Hunt is dated as a forward, we all know from his stint on the footy show there isnt much up in the head, so if we were to get another prop or start with mike cooper he should be starting to get phased out by next year.

Godz Illa

Coach
Hunt was man of the match 3 weeks ago. Today he's "dated". I know Saints fans are fickle but that is absurd

willzy91

Juniors
Hunt was man of the match 3 weeks ago. Today he's "dated". I know Saints fans are fickle but that is absurd

Look dont get me wrong, he does have a solid performance in him, but he just doesnt have that go forward which the top props in the game have anymore, nothing like he was before he injured him in 2010.

dragonv

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. Vidot
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Chase
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Thompson
13. Frizzell

14. Stockwell
15. Cooper
16. Weyman
17. King

willzy91

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. Vidot
4. Beale
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Chase
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creagh
12. Thompson
13. Frizzell

14. Stockwell
15. Cooper
16. Weyman
17. King

well vidot wont be there anymore cause we have just signed Dylan Farrell

jenninga

First Grade
I think a big prop is still necessary, we cannot compete with packs like the roosters or souffs, we need atleast 1 more massive unit, preferably not the slow kind.

And Rangi is still in the air, id love to put that deal to bed, Rangi+Widdop is freaking exciting.
Agree with that halves pairing and we do need a big bopper up front,the way Weyman led us when he signed.