What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

age.s

First Grade

Is that it? Absolutely nothing in that. Johns asked some trickier questions than normal but nothing over the top. Farah handled himself reasonably well. Probably could have answered some of the questions a bit better but didn't disgrace himself like some here are suggesting. Didn't think the "People will have opinions about you Matty" was referring to NZ either. He was clearly annoyed, but he didn't lose control of himself. It was a lot more civil than many are making out.

The aftermath on twitter is pretty stupid though. Makes Farah look like more of a twat than the interview.

Braith was hilarious. Looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there, or maybe he was just hoping Matty didn't ask him anything tricky.

gUt

Coach
Amateur or not, it isn't difficult to recognise he handled the interview poorly... That is unless you're a tigers fan.

Maybe he did handle it poorly (I don't think he did) but you're forgetting he said he was ambushed. This means that he was probably prepared to hear questions about why the Tigs are struggling, but not "youse are soft, why are you and benji hating each other, why don't the players like the coach" etc.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
You'd never see some of the great captains conducting themselves in that manner.
Amateur psychology pretty much hit it on the head for the rest of your dribble, but just focussing on this comment for a second - seeing as most people have said they are a fan of the "new look" NRL on Fox because they ask "hard hitting questions", I'm just curious when any other previous or current captain has been faced with questions of that nature (i.e. not the fluffy stuff on the Footy Show etc or their mate at the tele doing a puff piece) for you to make that judgement?

What are you talking about ^^^^^

Look, I dislike Farah but its obvious that Farah's buttons were being pushed and he acted accordingly. Johns the dickhead kept calling his team "soft" to get a rise out of him, pissing him off and then asked him a question in which he didn't even provide a f**king source! When Johns took the easy way out saying "rugby league circles", Farah got pissed and rightfully so.

Farah did nothing wrong, in saying this it was good viewing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What farah should have done is pushed johns, then ran 10m backwards

Then that would have been ok in saints fans eyes.

betcats

Referee
^lol the thin skin continues. Its not just tigers players that are more sensitive then schoolgirls.

TimmyB

Juniors
Divided implies there isn't a majority.
Don't think that is true from this thread.

Not to mention it's not a very accurate cross-section. Those who think he just did ok are a lot less likely to post then those who think: he did well/matt johns was out of line/he was unprofessional. Could put those who think he interviewed poorly in the minority.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
That was a pretty standard interview in my opinion.

If Farrah didn't have a sook on twitter afterwards none of us would have thought anymore about it. Time to strap on a pair Farrah and stop being a squat to piss bitch. Trying to be the hardman on twitter. FFS He had his oppurtunity to tell Johns to piss off when he was sitting next to him not take to twitter to moan to his followers

Big Pete

Referee
Maybe he did handle it poorly (I don't think he did) but you're forgetting he said he was ambushed. This means that he was probably prepared to hear questions about why the Tigs are struggling, but not "youse are soft, why are you and benji hating each other, why don't the players like the coach" etc.

I would have believed that if Farah wasn't tense from the get go. It seemed like he knew Matt's opinion on the Tigers from the get go so Johns just hopped straight to it.

Like I said, Farah handled himself reasonably well on the show but his whinge on twitter was unnecessary.

Great way to plug FoxSports though, so maybe it was intentional.

Keanu Conspiracies...

Firey_Dragon

Coach

I don't agree with the rumour questions. But Farah was pissed even before one word was said, I'm not quite sure what he was told before the show, but there was plenty of tension from the outset.

Latest posts