What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah as a neutral he came across as insecure and thin skinned.

He's the captain of the team, he has to expect the good with the bad and take it on the chin.

He got all heated up and tried to get argumentative, came across as a tosser IMO

Tiger-Sean

Juniors
Because he's an arrogant bitch who's skin is as weak as the tigers forward pack.

Gotta cop the good with the bad.

Farahs going to be targeted relentlessly by the media from here on in.

I agree you have to cop the good with the bad but as others have already said if Farah didn't stand up for his team everyone would have been saying how sh&* a captain he is. Now that he has gotten fired up and defended his team he is getting called a thin skinned sook.

As a Tigers supporter I am both happy with the questions Johns asked and the way Farah responded. Farah answered straight from his heart and showed the passion he has for the Tigers. I don't care if it looked unprofessional or like he was over-defensive. He defended his mates and promised the team would turn it around. I think that satisfied most tigers supporters. And even today blokes like Mark Geyer and even Matt Johns have said they were impressed with they way Farah responded and thought he gave the club a good representation.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
How so? You think that anything Ennis says bothers Farah, or vice versa? They always give it to eachother when they play so if you think this will add anything you're dreaming.

If Matt Johns can get under your skin that easily, someone like Ennis will have no problems. It just showed the nigglers out there how easy it is, and what to say.

If you don't think players prey on stuff like this, you're kidding yourself. It goes from the 'I might give him an earful every time he gets in a tackle' to 'I will definitely give him an earful'. Players will use any edge they can get, no matter how tiny it may be. To fly off the handle with that, which to be honest, were pretty sedate questions from the outset exposed him for the whiny little bitch he is.

Whether Farah and Ennis always give each other an earful when they play or not, Farah has shown the pressure is getting to him and the team. Players will be constantly searching for the right buttons to push now.

gUt

Coach
Kent and co got stuck into Blair and Manu and called it a dog act to kneel on a players achilles or calf and they aren't pulling any punches, which is awesome.

Watmough did this to Gallen in their match as well.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I agree you have to cop the good with the bad but as others have already said if Farah didn't stand up for his team everyone would have been saying how sh&* a captain he is. Now that he has gotten fired up and defended his team he is getting called a thin skinned sook.

As a Tigers supporter I am both happy with the questions Johns asked and the way Farah responded. Farah answered straight from his heart and showed the passion he has for the Tigers. I don't care if it looked unprofessional or like he was over-defensive. He defended his mates and promised the team would turn it around. I think that satisfied most tigers supporters. And even today blokes like Mark Geyer and even Matt Johns have said they were impressed with they way Farah responded and thought he gave the club a good representation.

A 'yes we're playing poorly at the moment, but we're working our asses off to end this rut as soon as possible. The season is still young and judge us a bit later when we work out our combinations' without the insults would have done exactly the same thing. So too would 'its funny how these rumours only pop up when we're losing, Benji and I have no problems with each other, we're sick of hearing it because it simply isn't true' would have also done the job.

He lost composure, plain and simple. There are ways to clearly, concisely and strongly address a question without swearing, being aggressive or getting overly defensive. On that level, Farah was laughably bad. The fact that he jumped on twitter and bitched about it says alot about his maturity. There wasn't too much that Farah actually said wrong, but he was clearly flustered and de-stabilised entering the interview and completely lost control out there.

gronkathon

First Grade
Well it was a resounding success in tactic.

The Farah thing is the story.

For all the talk about straight shooting and no BS when it came to talk about a serious issue in the Titans Johns allowed his circle jerk partner Ikin to treat Searle as the victim and not a whimper about it from fans of the show.

The Farah piece was great television but Ikin talking up Searle was the end of any illusion of no agenda on the show

TimmyB

Juniors
If Matt Johns can get under your skin that easily, someone like Ennis will have no problems. It just showed the nigglers out there how easy it is, and what to say.

If you don't think players prey on stuff like this, you're kidding yourself. It goes from the 'I might give him an earful every time he gets in a tackle' to 'I will definitely give him an earful'. Players will use any edge they can get, no matter how tiny it may be. To fly off the handle with that, which to be honest, were pretty sedate questions from the outset exposed him for the whiny little bitch he is.

Whether Farah and Ennis always give each other an earful when they play or not, Farah has shown the pressure is getting to him and the team. Players will be constantly searching for the right buttons to push now.

Context is everything. What may be offensive or provocative in a TV interview may be harmless on the field.

I tend to think sledging a team for being soft would do more harm than good. IE: If it is intensity and perhaps motivation they are lacking, why say things that might just provoke an aggressive response?

Ronnie, did you really re-enter the thread to repeat yourself verbatim?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Well it was a resounding success in tactic.

The Farah thing is the story.

For all the talk about straight shooting and no BS when it came to talk about a serious issue in the Titans Johns allowed his circle jerk partner Ikin to treat Searle as the victim and not a whimper about it from fans of the show.

The Farah piece was great television but Ikin talking up Searle was the end of any illusion of no agenda on the show

I don't think Ikin said too much wrong. Searle has made some bad decisions, but he was spot on about the timing of the GFC being essentially a deal buster for the Titans. I don't think he came across as defending them too strongly, just added a little perspective to the situation.

Searle has shown himself to be a poor choice investor, he certainly isn't alone in that in these modern times. If he made the decisions he had in 2000, instead of 2007, the Titans could have been a financial powerhouse right now.

TimmyB

Juniors
A 'yes we're playing poorly at the moment, but we're working our asses off to end this rut as soon as possible. The season is still young and judge us a bit later when we work out our combinations' without the insults would have done exactly the same thing. .
It wasn't put to him that the team was playing poorly, nor that the combinations weren't working. It wasn't even put to him that the team failed to man up the last two weeks, or that they were soft the previous two weeks. It was put to him that the team IS soft. Your response is a series of cliches that doesn't meet the issue raised by Johns.

gronkathon

First Grade
But where was the discussion about shifting capital, the over inflated rent figures all to hide skyrocketing debt?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Context is everything. What may be offensive or provocative in a TV interview may be harmless on the field.

I tend to think sledging a team for being soft would do more harm than good. IE: If it is intensity and perhaps motivation they are lacking, why say things that might just provoke an aggressive response?

I don't disagree with any of that. But what Farah has shown is that he is quite upset at the current situation and the pressure is getting to him. Teams don't need to call them soft, but they can certainly make a more concerted effort to remind them of the mistakes they make on the field or where they are on the ladder.

It wouldn't have mattered what was said in that interview, it's his actual unstable and worked up reaction that would excite a few guys who like to talk on the field.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
It wasn't put to him that the team was playing poorly, nor that the combinations weren't working. It wasn't even put to him that the team failed to man up the last two weeks, or that they were soft the previous two weeks. It was put to him that the team IS soft. Your response is a series of cliches that doesn't meet the issue raised by Johns.

No it wasn't.. It was said 'the defence was soft'... There is nothing wrong with saying 'yes our defence has been soft the last few weeks but we're working hard to fix it'.... Farah tried to shift the goalposts for the question, once he did, Johns pushed him on it again.

TimmyB

Juniors
I don't disagree with any of that. But what Farah has shown is that he is quite upset at the current situation and the pressure is getting to him. Teams don't need to call them soft, but they can certainly make a more concerted effort to remind them of the mistakes they make on the field or where they are on the ladder.

It wouldn't have mattered what was said in that interview, it's his actual unstable and worked up reaction that would excite a few guys who like to talk on the field.

Thanks for your amateur psychology.

TimmyB

Juniors
Amateur or not, it isn't difficult to recognise he handled the interview poorly... That is unless you're a tigers fan.
Quick look at the thread indicates opinion is pretty divided to be honest.

The odd thing is that you Steelers' fans are about as uniformly scathing of Farah as Tigers' fans are defensive.

Valheru

Coach
Farah is a sook and only has himself to blame here. If you are going to get passionate during the interview like he did then don’t go on twitter immediately after and have a cry about it.

Johns should have said “you realise Robbie that you should be 0-4 if it wasn’t for crap refereeing”. That would have equalled great television.

BM1979

Juniors
I don't think Ikin said too much wrong. Searle has made some bad decisions, but he was spot on about the timing of the GFC being essentially a deal buster for the Titans. I don't think he came across as defending them too strongly, just added a little perspective to the situation.

Searle has shown himself to be a poor choice investor, he certainly isn't alone in that in these modern times. If he made the decisions he had in 2000, instead of 2007, the Titans could have been a financial powerhouse right now.

+1

gronkathon

First Grade
In terms of developers what is the business relationships both past and present between Searle, Ikin and Ikins father?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Quick look at the thread indicates opinion is pretty divided to be honest.
Divided implies there isn't a majority.

The odd thing is that you Steelers' fans are about as uniformly scathing of Farah as Tigers' fans are defensive.
I'm not scathing of Farah. I find the whole situation quite amusing. The way he lost control out there, bitched on twitter and then you lot seem to think he did the right thing is actually pretty funny. His lack of composure on television reflected perfectly upon his performances this year and the back end of 2011.

Fact of the matter is, he could have done things much more professionally whilst actually addressing the questions. Instead he did nothing other than to seem incredibly insecure about their current position. You'd never see some of the great captains conducting themselves in that manner.