What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

BM1979

Juniors
It is all about how it is taken though. To Robbie "The Tigers" are the men in the team and hence why I believe he reacted as he did

Hopefully it just that the truth hurts because this year so far the Tigers have been the definition of soft. Matty was just calling a spade a spade.

It's worse if it's true Robbie new the questions an hour before. If that's true he vis just acting like a petulant child. If it was my team I would have been encouraging Johns to rtear us a new one the way they have been playing

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Ahh yes [FKN-SIK] but there is a specific point of difference.

To many (it would seem Robbie is in this group) soft is the judgement on a mans character.

Say we have defended terribly, are playing like shit but to call anyone who crosses that stripe to play the game at it's highest level soft isan insult and it was responded to in that way

It may be an 'insult' but irrespective of whether Robbie took offence or not, it was 100% accurate. To drop off close to 50 tackles in one game is the epitome of soft, and that wasn't even their worst performance.

To say defence is soft is not the same as calling someone soft.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
farrah's tough - remember when matai gave him a love tap a few years ago and he went down like he'd been hit with a bazooka?

Rod

Bench
Anyone expecting an interviewer to reveal a source for a rumour like the one Matty asked Farah about is kidding themselves. How often do journalists name their sources? It just doesn't happen. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the game for very long.

I'm not saying Matty was right in questioning Farah about that stuff with Benji. But come on, we've all heard those rumours, if someone asked us who we'd heard them from what would we say? Pretty much the same thing as Matty I bet.

The Gambler

Juniors
Anyone expecting an interviewer to reveal a source for a rumour like the one Matty asked Farah about is kidding themselves. How often do journalists name their sources? It just doesn't happen. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the game for very long.

I'm not saying Matty was right in questioning Farah about that stuff with Benji. But come on, we've all heard those rumours, if someone asked us who we'd heard them from what would we say? Pretty much the same thing as Matty I bet.
This is the exact issue - this is why there are so many baseless rumours that get flung around in 'rugby league circles' - because faceless individuals continue to make things up.

legend

Coach
IMO, Johns presents the facts as rumours to give the player in question an opportunity to own up. Good technique IMO. Johns also has to expect to cop it over his personal issues if he wants to ask the tough questions. I was hoping for a Ron Casey/Normie Rowe style bust up.

He said Gibbs and Fifita (especially Gibbs) were much bigger losses than the Tigers anticipated, which is true and that Gibbs was the glue that brough the Tigers together.

Kent and co got stuck into Blair and Manu and called it a dog act to kneel on a players achilles or calf and they aren't pulling any punches, which is awesome.

NRL on Fox is the Best Rugby League show I've seen on the box.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
This is the exact issue - this is why there are so many baseless rumours that get flung around in 'rugby league circles' - because faceless individuals continue to make things up.

It's part and parcel of any sport. When things are down, rumours start... When things are going well you don't hear them. When you have a captain of a team reacting in the way he did, it does nothing to soften the rumours. Just adds more fuel to the fire suggesting it's a touchy subject.

Nothing of what Farah said was overly wrong, in fact, when he finished the interview he said 'it's march, judge us in july or august' he said what he should have said in the first place without the expletives, aggression or tantrum throwing. Firing up in that situation is the absolute worst thing you can do. He'll also hear it on the field for months from all the nigglers of opposition teams. He's just proven how easy it is to get under his skin.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Agreed. Michael Ennis must be licking his lips!
How so? You think that anything Ennis says bothers Farah, or vice versa? They always give it to eachother when they play so if you think this will add anything you're dreaming.

Personally I thought it was very tame. Tame questions, tame enough responses, and as others have said, don't think Farah was referencing NZ when he shot back the "opinions of you" part, just another way of saying opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. Judging from some of the responses on here, I'd imagine a fair few have never been involved in anything more than a few keyboard arguments if they think that was a heated exchange.

i did notice that farrah didnt deny the rumour about him and benji - just said 'come to training and see how close the boys are' - that wasnt the question johns asked.....

"it's bullshit, it pisses me off and it pisses benji off"

that doesn't pass as denying the rumour? Or any of the 15 other times they've denied it. If you still believe that one that was quashed years ago you're a moron.

Rod

Bench
Personally I thought it was very tame. Tame questions, tame enough responses, and as others have said, don't think Farah was referencing NZ when he shot back the "opinions of you" part, just another way of saying opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. Judging from some of the responses on here, I'd imagine a fair few have never been involved in anything more than a few keyboard arguments if they think that was a heated exchange.

Robbie obviously thought it was a pretty heated exchange otherwise he wouldn't have hopped on Twitter to have a sook the first chance he got.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Because he's an arrogant bitch who's skin is as weak as the tigers forward pack.

Gotta cop the good with the bad.

Farahs going to be targeted relentlessly by the media from here on in.

Latest posts