What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

Mr Saab

Referee
I have been extremely critical of Johns, but i will commend him for not being a suck and asking what needs to be asked.
Needs to be more of it instead of soft BS talk

Iafeta

Referee
What are you talking about ^^^^^

Look, I dislike Farah but its obvious that Farah's buttons were being pushed and he acted accordingly. Johns the dickhead kept calling his team "soft" to get a rise out of him, pissing him off and then asked him a question in which he didn't even provide a f**king source! When Johns took the easy way out saying "rugby league circles", Farah got pissed and rightfully so.

Farah did nothing wrong, in saying this it was good viewing.

Farah answered him well I thought, Johns' seems a bit amateurish... there's good ways to ask the right questions... "I'm sure people have got your opinion on you too" LOL, great answer to the douchebag.

simostorm

Bench
well.. it made some good television.. i was starting to wonder whether Farah would soon plant one on Johns chin.. if so.. it would have been even better television haha..

but i applaud Johns for asking those Questions.. i hope he keeps it up.

Jono1987

Juniors
Great stuff from Johns, only hope that he wasn't told by the powers to be that he shouldn't have pushed Farah as he did.

I don't understand the outcry from Farah after the show. You could tell from the get go that he was tense and therefore knew that some 'tough' questions were coming his way. Then he proclaims he was 'ambushed'?

Put those big men pants on Robbie.

"44 missed tackles on Monday night...that's a pretty good impersonation of soft Robbie"

"Yeah but did we scramble well?"

LMFAO.

Another Farah LOL moment recently occured on the Sunday Footy Show after that passing challenge "You let me down Joey"

Joey "AYYYEE?? How did I let you down!"

Ohh yeah and lol @ that time he was on the footy show and Beau Ryan trashed his restaurant. He had to play perfect partners after it and he was a prick to his GF.

Total twat.

Iafeta

Referee
I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Maybe Johns said "Robbie mate, I'm going to ask some questions about what is happening with the Tigers, the form and culture...", not specifically telling him what he was up for. I can only infer from Robbie's reaction both on twitter and live on the show that he had no idea those questions on Marshall etc were coming.

Danish

Referee
Who cares if he knew the questions were coming?

If anything, it makes him seem like even more of a bitch if he's going to cry about not being given the questions beforehand so he could approve them and make up some nice answers for them.

I know league players aren't always the most eloquent blokes going round but surely the captain of a club should be able to think of his feet.

You are all correct about Robbie showing too much emotion.

When asked about the team.

He should have just said. "we are just taking things one week at a time"

When asked about the coach.

He should have just said. "coach Sheens has the full support of the board"

Instead he spoke with passion in defense of his team, his coach and of his mate.

Where is the issue? Some of you just seem to want Wayne Bennett/Politician style press conferences where nothing is answered and everyone walks away none the wiser.

At least Robbie made it completely clear where he stood and what he thought.

Perhaps a Darius Boyd style press conference with, yep, na, yep, na, yep, yep, na is what you want.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Where is the issue? Some of you just seem to want Wayne Bennett/Politician style press conferences where nothing is answered and everyone walks away none the wiser.

Perhaps a Darius Boyd style press conference with, yep, na, yep, na, yep, yep, na is what you want.

I certainly don't see anyone calling for that style of media, rather cop the questions on the chin (their fans certainly expect better on field performances) and get back to playing good footy. Oh.... and don't sook via Twitter afterwards that you were ambushed.

Full credit to Braith sitting next him look far more professional - dress pants and club polo sitting up in an open manner. Robbie - jeans and polo, slouching and a bad attitude from the get go.

voltron

Juniors
You are all correct about Robbie showing too much emotion.

When asked about the team.

He should have just said. "we are just taking things one week at a time"

When asked about the coach.

He should have just said. "coach Sheens has the full support of the board"

Instead he spoke with passion in defense of his team, his coach and of his mate.

i think most people are annoyed at farah's response on twitter afterwards
complaining about being ambushed.
if he had left it with the interview then it would have been great
but he decided to have a whinge about it

betcats

Referee
Yeah the interview was good from both sides imo, its just the whinge on twitter afterwards that stinks.

simmo1

First Grade
Full credit to Braith sitting next him look far more professional - dress pants and club polo sitting up in an open manner. Robbie - jeans and polo, slouching and a bad attitude from the get go.

Yeah, f**k I hate those slouching NRL players...

If I was Robbie, I would of pulled out my phone and called Benji right there. I would of put him on speaker phone and had a laugh with him.

...That's if there really isn't an issue.

nohope

Juniors
Robbie stated in his MX column today that the twitter response he did was stupid and something he shouldn't have done.

Pigskin

Juniors
had to laugh at James Graham's new nickname apparantly being "Bupa" ... an unhealthy version of Aiden Tolman ... classic :lol:

Oink !

Latest posts