What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

Lowdown

Juniors
I thought it was good. Sure, the pacing and the panel members needs to pick their moments to chip in - but it was episode 1 and will get better.

But FMD...reading some comments on here people whinging and whining about a show that actually talks about Rugby League for an hour. No skits. No games. No AFL. No competitions.

60 minutes talking about footy - isn't that what most of you complain you don't get enough of?

Get real.

Paullyboy

Coach
Matty Johns just tried too hard I think, but hopefully he'll settle down after a while and will be valuable.

I couldn't be more thankful to not have to listen to Wendell Sailor again, his novelty value wore off quicker than reality TV.

betcats

Referee
Matty Johns just tried too hard I think, but hopefully he'll settle down after a while and will be valuable.

I couldn't be more thankful to not have to listen to Wendell Sailor again, his novelty value wore off quicker than reality TV.

+1

Reminds me a bit of Shaq, funny in small doses like we got when he was still playing but give him a proper TV gig and his muppetness becomes overbearing.

Charlie124

First Grade
Right, so you want to watch smith by himself for an hour. nice

I didn't say that at all, I said the show would be better without those three idiots. Geyer and Tallis are just brain dead and M Johns acts like a complete tool. That show last night reminded me of 3 children squabbling in the back seat of the car on a long trip.

I'm all for a footy show where they all talk footy and tackle the big issues, just pick a better panel to do it.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
I'm all for strong opinions, but how is it possible that both Johns and Geyer were ignorant to the length of time Danny Buderus was out of the NRL (12months? 3 years? Both wrong, 2 years you muppets).

"Bluey is an unproven coach" another classic. Did he not coach NZ to a tri nations championship?

Von

Juniors
What's worse is that Tallis is on the Footy Show as well this year.

My 6 year old speaks better than him. He projects the bonehead stereotype of a RL player so well. What do these TV guys see in Tallis?
you're joking! we have to put up with him on TFS also?

I thought it was a fantastic show, much much better than the old format. Yes, Matty needs to be reigned in a bit, but only just a little bit you cant take away his best strength. The only improvement I would do is get rid of Smith, he just drags it down but I can see why he is there; to keep the structure of the show. 1.5hr length would not look out of place either.
disagree...too many ex footy players who can barely speak will ony end in tears. Smith is a very competent presenter.

Springs

First Grade
I'm all for strong opinions, but how is it possible that both Johns and Geyer were ignorant to the length of time Danny Buderus was out of the NRL (12months? 3 years? Both wrong, 2 years you muppets).

"Bluey is an unproven coach" another classic. Did he not coach NZ to a tri nations championship?

1. Buderus left after 2008.
2. McClennan is an unproven coach in the NRL. Kearney won a World Cup as coach, then went dangerously close to winning a wooden spoon in his first year in the NRL.

I thought it was a great show. Talking about actual NRL issues and analysis of upcoming games, I thought it was great and will probably be the best footy show going around this year.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Jsut can't cater for all crowds.

People whinging that the footy show sucks balls (which it does) then those same people complaint about nrl on fox.

Geyer and Gordy might be intellectually challenged, however both offered something to the discussion.

I thought it was great, spoke about footy without that random comic crap.

Jono1987

Juniors
I liked it. Sure they need to get more out of Smith and less out of Johns, but on the whole I liked it. I wonder if they could do 1.5 hours. I mean Fox don't have any other programs like NRL on Fox so why not pony up for another 30 minutes? The show would seem to benefit from slowing down a touch and expanding on each topic.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
1. Buderus left after 2008.
2. McClennan is an unproven coach in the NRL. Kearney won a World Cup as coach, then went dangerously close to winning a wooden spoon in his first year in the NRL.

I thought it was a great show. Talking about actual NRL issues and analysis of upcoming games, I thought it was great and will probably be the best footy show going around this year.

I stand corrected! Apologies for that - Bedsy got injured in his first season in ESL - clearly confused me.

Still maintain John's comments display ignorance of the game outside the NRL. Implying Bedsy actually extended his career by playing ESL and "avoiding burnout". Buderus had never played as many games in one season until he left the NRL.

Big Pete

Referee
Matty Johns has been surprisingly good so far on this show.

He usually loves sitting on the fence but he's probably been the most opinionated panellist on the show and he hasn't had an issue asking his guests tough questions.

Good stuff.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Matty Johns has been surprisingly good so far on this show.

He usually loves sitting on the fence but he's probably been the most opinionated panellist on the show and he hasn't had an issue asking his guests tough questions.

Good stuff.

Thats why its a massive improvement from 2011.

Johns and Geyer are always straight out with their opinion, especially on Luke Walsh. None of this "Oh I have no doubt he'll come good" "He's a terrific player and its not his go".

Latest posts