What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New-look NRL on Fox kicks off the 2012 NRL season on Fox Sports

Patorick

Staff member
Johns has actually been very good tonight.

Needs to ease off the Red Bulls though.

undertaker

Coach
Matty's definitely changed his persona from his Footy Show days where he sucked up to everyone (especially the Knights) and with his favourite "It's not his go" catchphrase.

hellteam

First Grade
How good is the NRL Highlights Show. Just the game highlights, no crap talk from any old players, just the highlights. My only complaint is that it should be on Tuesday night, which I'm pretty sure it was last week? Why wasn't it this week?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
How good is the NRL Highlights Show. Just the game highlights, no crap talk from any old players, just the highlights. My only complaint is that it should be on Tuesday night, which I'm pretty sure it was last week? Why wasn't it this week?

It was on at 10.30 last week, bit too late IMO. After NRL on Fox is a good time, but yeah Tuesdays would be at an earlier time.

hellteam

First Grade
By the time Wednesday rolls around I'm looking forward to the next round, and it's too long to wait after the weekend, I want my highlights as soon as possible.

The late time didn't bother me, doesn't everyone hvae IQ these days anyway?

Big Pete

Referee
It's a handy little show, I'm not too fussed about the time it's on as I just watch the highlights hours after the game but you'd think Tuesday would be the ideal date.

Would be a decent show to tape over the course of a year and archiving. In 5-10 years time it'd be really cool to look back on.

On Alexander, I can't stand him. Which is a shame, because I really enjoyed watching him as a player but he's just so smug in the commentary booth and seems too opinionated. I remember him cheering Pearce on against the Cows once, it was too much.

roofromoz

First Grade

I was expecting a cobbling together of the 4 minute highlights and report for each match you get through the NRL website, but it was a lot better! What I would like (no, wish!) is for it to be a bit more like the EPL highlights show where they have tidbits from press conferences afterwards, show a score summary after each match and the table. It can still be done within 60 minutes with some selective editing.

gUt

Coach
Quite a good show this week. The panel were in each others' faces and "right up" some of the viewers - excellent stuff. I like this new angry Matty. Oh and they talk footy, in between talking about footy and those segments where they talk about footy.

hellteam

First Grade
I was expecting a cobbling together of the 4 minute highlights and report for each match you get through the NRL website, but it was a lot better! What I would like (no, wish!) is for it to be a bit more like the EPL highlights show where they have tidbits from press conferences afterwards, show a score summary after each match and the table. It can still be done within 60 minutes with some selective editing.

Yeah the EPL highlights show is pretty awesome, however I don't like it how in the lesser games they have a narrater, who narrates what is about to happen before it even happens! (eg Bent missed a chance to put them ahead---- and then they show the miss). Annoying when you haven't watched the games at all and would like to be 'surprised'

Also I like it how they keep the clock and scoreboard on for the highlights. For some reason they don't do that in the EPL highlights and you often don't sense the urgency of some injury time winners...

So all in all, NRL highlighits show would be my favourite NRL show.

I get frustrated when I listen to panelists because they can't hear me when I'm shouting out at them that they're wrong (usually Tallis, Geyer)

betcats

Referee
Yeah the EPL highlights show is pretty awesome, however I don't like it how in the lesser games they have a narrater, who narrates what is about to happen before it even happens! (eg Bent missed a chance to put them ahead---- and then they show the miss). Annoying when you haven't watched the games at all and would like to be 'surprised'

Also I like it how they keep the clock and scoreboard on for the highlights. For some reason they don't do that in the EPL highlights and you often don't sense the urgency of some injury time winners...

So all in all, NRL highlighits show would be my favourite NRL show.

I get frustrated when I listen to panelists because they can't hear me when I'm shouting out at them that they're wrong (usually Tallis, Geyer)

You gotta throw your empties at the tele, that will get their attention.