What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Merger For the Jets

Bluebag

Juniors
How so, it is a commercial decision that is good for bothe parties but not a merger, each club retains all its own management, coaches, identity etc.

Can some clarify something for me.

Will there be stand alone JBC games at Henson? Or are they being shipped off to the swap to be played before Cronulla's games?

Why should PL home teams be moved away from the Inner West? Last time I checked Newtown wasn't in the Shire. If the Jets are going to start moving home games around, then isn't it a matter of time before they start playing all their games at grounds where they know they'll get bigger gates? Thus, losing contact with their Inner West heritage, all for the sake of the dollar.

The more I think about the Merger/JV/feeder club situation, the less I like what has happened.

Newtown DRLFC belong within Newtown District, representing the Inner West.

Jeffles

Bench
I don't like that games are going to Shark Park. Henson Park is Newtown and Newtown is Henson Park. It is cost cutting. I hope we get into a financial position where the costs of Henson are not a worry. I hope the draw suits us so that we maximise our double headers at Henson.

Jeffles

Bench
Anyone see the headline in Big League. "The Cronulla Jets". Undoubtedly spurred by the use of the term Joint Venture. And then the article states nothing about changing names etc. What crap!

Rexxy

Coach
The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
As it seems no-one else will say it, I will.

Rex, you're a tool.

Regards,
TDT-1

I must admit . Guilty as charged. Although I'd like to plead for a leanient sentance of "mis-informed tool".

As a Saints fan, you can imagine my suspicion in anything that smells like a Joint venture. Although I am happier than most with where we are at present, it's not as good as it used to be when we stood alone.

Once you head down the slippery slope of swapping players, giving up home games, and doing deals with clubs more powerful than you, it creates an environment of "anything is up for grabs".

I'm also concerned the NRL should allow teams (ex Superleague teams only it seems) can just field ONE footy team.

Where do juniors go if there are limited career paths?

Good luck getting into bed with the Sharks, Thompson Twins-1, but you know what they say.

Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Long live the (pure) Jets.

RICHO

Juniors
Rex said:
I'm also concerned the NRL should allow teams (ex Superleague teams only it seems) can just field ONE footy team.

You'll find that the Sharks will still have a Flegg team, which is where the money will be pumped. This means that the "juniors" that you seem concerned about will in fact be treated a lot better, and be provided with much better opportunities.

The NRL are encouraging this method of thinking, as in 2006, there will be 1st Grade and a Under 20 National competition. The NSW Premier League will be a NSW comp, with hardly any NRL clubs participating.

ParraMatt

Bench
Just Wondering. Why would the Sharks be so dumb to merge with the Jets when the name wont change or the jersey. I think it's stupid.

RICHO

Juniors
It's a cost cutting thing for the Sharks.
They are getting rid of the dead-wood in Premier League. Now they don't have to pay a bunch of useless fotballers!!

But at the same time, they do have access to some backup players if they need them.

No merger, just the Jets getting *some* quality players, and the Sharks basically having access to the same amount of players for way less cost.

mightybears

Bench
the sharkies go into administration every 4 years and would have gone super league for a slab!
they are saving themselves maybe $500,000 by outsourcing the pl team, money is allways tight at shark park

mightybears

Bench
richo,
red n black forever, no question of loyalty
saw frank hyde match at henson last year, love the henson park atomsphere
all for bringing back celine too!

I can't believe the amount of people who can't seem to understand that it isn't a JV/merger.
Newtown are already in PL, Cronulla are getting rid of theirs, and Newtown will feed players into the Cronulla NRL team. It's a good arrangement. Keep your eyes peeled and you'll notice more agreements like this will start taking place.

Special K

Coach
122kg back-rower Clifford Manua and 113kg prop James Stosic have been picked up by Cronulla for next season. How do they go?

Jeffles

Bench
Hulka. I am a huge fan of Stosic. He is a big boy with big attitude. Watch out for him. He has been one of our best and most consistent players all year.

Not so much a fan of Cliff - although the Sharks think they can use him so I wish him all the best.

RICHO

Juniors
Celine is no longer a member of the Mermaids squad.
#-o #-o #-o

I don't know where she's gone, but she MUST return!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bluebag

Juniors
HPH you are so hopeless remember when Monique spurned your advances your are a more misguided fool living in a fantasy.

We all know your talent rating skills Jeffles, Clifford will thrive with a full offseason of training and weights as he is not fully fit. Ask the guys that have tried to tackle him and see how they rate him. Only Jeffles and the Bulls do not rate him. :lol: