What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

PaddyBoy

Juniors
NRL strikes green and gold in quest for new badge, but familiar design just not cricket

Adrian Proszenko

Sunday Sin Bin
logos-620x349.jpg
New NRL logo, left.

This is what the new NRL logo is likely to look like. The ARLC has come up with a few variations on the old badge and this is one of the favourites to get the nod. ARLC officials put in a trademark application for this version on July 13, according to the sportbizinsider.com.au, and are hoping to strengthen the NRL brand by aligning the various other competitions and governing bodies under the one umbrella. The green and gold styling will give the NRL a truly national feel, but the logo is hardly unique. Just like the Cricket Australia logo, the Southern Cross is featured on a green and gold motif.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...not-cricket-20120721-22gur.html#ixzz21LE1DxFI

I hope this isn't it, the competition logo should have a Kiwi aspect to it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
According to sportsbizinsider.com.au :lol: - they got it from LU.

user_nat

Coach
Given that the NRL logo hasn't appeared on any club jersey since 2000, how do you figure that?

You sir, are correct. My bad lol.

Still, I think if they did want to go with that style, they should add some black somewhere.

VictoryFC

Bench
One of the things that makes it look worse than it should is that it hasn't been given the gloss over. It looks like someone converted a png to jpg and printed it out. Will look much better as a TV graphic

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes in an Australian competition

How can it be an Australian competition if it has a NZ team in it? surely that makes it a bi nation competition? Then again we arenlt a national comp either so I guess it matters not that the name and logo represent what it actually is.

WayneBennett

Juniors
Not bad, would like to see one of the stars of the southern cross red, and one of the v's in the logo black. And then maybe under that second v at the bottom some PNG yelow?

Nz2 will eventually start, need to cover all bases.

El Diablo

Post Whore
How can it be an Australian competition if it has a NZ team in it? surely that makes it a bi nation competition? Then again we arenlt a national comp either so I guess it matters not that the name and logo represent what it actually is.
is the MLB an American competition?

joshreading

Staff member
No, it used to be but now it has a Canadian team. You could say it is a North American Competition. Is the NRL a NSW Competition because most teams are from NSW? of course not. It USED TO BE but it is no longer.

The NRL is an Australasian competition or an Australian and New Zealand Competition but not simply Australian. The official NRL facebook describes is as the premier Rugby League competition in Australia and New Zealand.

Latest posts