What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That logo would be better off having a football across the two stripes, otherwise its looks too similar to the cricket one. Dont like it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would like to see a commonality in the Arl logo for every rl competition in Australia. You could have the Arl one then the competition/state etc incorporated. Eg kids playing under 8's have predominantly the same logo as their heroes but with a subtle difference ie nrl//qr.l/warl etc added

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Just get everyone from South Perth Lions juniors to Cronulla Sharks NYC team to Mackay Cutters opens to Gold Coast Titans to Queensland Maroons to the Kangaroos wearing this logo. It's one of the best in Australian sport...

arl_1998.jpg

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I would like to see a commonality in the Arl logo for every rl competition in Australia. You could have the Arl one then the competition/state etc incorporated. Eg kids playing under 8's have predominantly the same logo as their heroes but with a subtle difference ie nrl//qr.l/warl etc added

Let me guess. Something similar to what the AFL do?

jonno_knights

Juniors
During his short rein as an NRL hooker, Mitch Rain has being able to control the reigns of the STGI forward pack extremely well, especially in the rein.

Sea Watt eye did their?

Last edited:

greenhat

Juniors
Looks very Australian for a competition that includes an NZ team.

Would look strange on a Warriors jersey.

Looks very Australian for a competition that includes an NZ team.

Would look strange on a Warriors jersey.

I was about to say that myself. the old logo is cool cos it incorporates the black n white of NZ.

We supply the NRL with enough players. We deserve some representation on the logo. The addition of the aussie stars is an arrogant idea.

clarency

Juniors
Wrong.

"Their logo" is correct. "There logo" is just wrong. There there.

... I knew I should have kept my mouth shut, but whatever, we're doin' this.

"their saying the new logo is just over they're --->"

Nowhere did he say their logo, which you are right, is the correct usage.

The correct way of saying this would be:

They're (they are) saying the new logo is just over there --->

The first use is made for point of reference, while the second use refers to location (implied by the arrow).

... Never been a grammar nazi before.

Feels kinda good.

:)

Heil... something.

BunniesMan

Immortal
FFS. The logo is fine as it is. Those lime green ideas are awful. Logos are not meant to be bland and forgettable. The current logo is much better. And how many years and dollars have gone into marketing it? You change it for no good reason and you waste all of that just to get an inferior alternative.

The NRL needs to rebrand as the RLANZ (Rugby League of Australia and NZ).
A less awkward name would be the Australasian Rugby League. Some dinosaurs would have a problem with 'ARL' but it's the only simple term that is also accurate.