What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

Perth Red

Post Whore
Because Americans are thick? No need for us to follow them!

There's nothing wrong with this one and if PNG ever join the comp they could throw in some red into it. The minute they started to pander to telstra and make it blue they spoilt it. That new one looks like some iffy 1970's throw back. WTF is that font?

nrl_logo-249x300.jpg

The NRL is run by the ARLC. The NZRL has nothing to do with it. So it's an Australian comp. Just like the NSWRL was a NSW comp, even though Brisbane was in it from '88 to '94. It's called the National Rugby League FFS, isn't that a clue?

As for comparing it to the CA logo, OMG it's green and gold and has a southern cross. It must be a rip-off of the CA logo. How else would those things exist in an Australian logo..?

When you compare the current logo to some of the ones proposed in this thread, it does look slightly dated IMO.

GAZF, do you think you could come up with an updated version of the current logo keeping the same shape and colours but with different font, tones, lines etc?

Eels Dude

Coach
Having the Southern Cross on the logo is at least a Kiwi element. In saying that I think the logo looks pretty horrible and outdated.

berts_moustache

Juniors
Why is the marketing of rugby league so poor? I suspect a lot of people employed to market the game have no feel or love for it. We can't even manage a decent ad campaign to sell one of the most visually highlight rich sports around.

GAZF

First Grade
When you compare the current logo to some of the ones proposed in this thread, it does look slightly dated IMO.

GAZF, do you think you could come up with an updated version of the current logo keeping the same shape and colours but with different font, tones, lines etc?

Not exactly what you wanted but here's a logo I did reusing elements of the current logo.

NRL_logo_ball.jpg

And, since its appropriate here, a work in progress as requested by docbrown.

NRL-Logo-e1343095680898.gif

firechild

First Grade
The NRL is an Australian competition just as the Super League is an English competition. The fact they have invited one club from outside the respective countries does not change the fact that the competition belongs to the original nation.

GAZF

First Grade
Same logic would apply to the NSWRL inviting clubs from outside NSW. Its a silly, closeminded perspective.

firechild

First Grade
Same logic would apply to the NSWRL inviting clubs from outside NSW. Its a silly, closeminded perspective.

And it remained the NSWRL for some time (first non-NSW side was in 1982) before actually becoming anything more than a NSW comp.

GAZF

First Grade
And it remained the NSWRL for some time (first non-NSW side was in 1982) before actually becoming anything more than a NSW comp.

So the past should dictate who the NRL now markets itself to? The league has had a greater following in NZ than it has in non NRL Australian states, the very same states this Australian-centric identity is pandering to, the same states that (for the most part) have not given a flying f**k about league. Why not leverage the rivalry these two countries have?

docbrown

Coach
So the past should dictate who the NRL now markets itself to? The league has had a greater following in NZ than it has in non NRL Australian states, the very same states this Australian-centric identity is pandering to, the same states that (for the most part) have not given a flying f**k about league. Why not leverage the rivalry these two countries have?

Exactly. Recent surveys show that 50% of New Zealand males watch Rugby League on a regular basis. It's about 70% for Rugby Union but still it's a lot larger than what most people suspect.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I know there has been a lot of rumors of a new NRL logo and even a picture of the registered logo of what it may be.

Does any one have any insights in to when the logo will change? 2013 , 2014?

PaulyTom

Juniors
I have seen the logo. I just want to know whether the NRL plan that to be the logo next year?

PaulyTom

Juniors
I like the logo by the way.

Other than the colour there is no similarities between the 2 logos.