What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

clarency

Juniors
That's it really. There's nothing wrong with the ARL and ARL competitions, and NZRL and NZRL rugby league competitions.

Alongside which we have the NRL, an independant professional competition comprising of sides from various nations.

The only issue here is the name National Rugby League, is it implies a single nation.

Personally I don't care but that is the only thing people have a reason to complain about.

Quidgybo

Bench
The NRL needs to rebrand as the RLANZ (Rugby League of Australia and NZ).

If you were going to rebrand, why would you choose something that limits your reach to only Australia and New Zealand? Something in the vein of RLC (Rugby League Championship) or RLP (Rugby League Premiership) would both travel pretty far without risking getting confused with a bigger competition (like the NRL and RFL both being one letter off NFL). And both would fit in with a common thread that has cropped up over the last few years of leading with the letters RL (as in RLIF and RLPA etc).

Leo

BunniesMan

Immortal
Another option is the PRL. Premier Rugby League. Acknowledges its status as the elite rugby league comp and doesn't limit its branding if one day decades from now we have teams in PNG, Singapore and S.Africa.

DJShaksta

First Grade
... I knew I should have kept my mouth shut, but whatever, we're doin' this.

"their saying the new logo is just over they're --->"

Nowhere did he say their logo, which you are right, is the correct usage.

The correct way of saying this would be:

They're (they are) saying the new logo is just over there --->

The first use is made for point of reference, while the second use refers to location (implied by the arrow).

... Never been a grammar nazi before.

Feels kinda good.

:)

Heil... something.
WTF are you talking about?
Read the thread title - its wrong.
That's what Moffo and Newman are referring to.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry Clarency, but you are wrong (if referring to the OP's thread title).

The correct syntax is "Will the NRL change their logo next year?"

Big Sam

First Grade
Another option is the PRL. Premier Rugby League. Acknowledges its status as the elite rugby league comp and doesn't limit its branding if one day decades from now we have teams in PNG, Singapore and S.Africa.

I like PRL but with the 'P' standing for Pacific if we ever expand into PNG.

Btw you're all wrong with the there/their debate. Thread title should be 'Will the NRL change its logo?'. NRL is a single entity - 'their' is used for plural nouns.

GAZF

First Grade
FFS. The logo is fine as it is. Those lime green ideas are awful. Logos are not meant to be bland and forgettable. The current logo is much better. And how many years and dollars have gone into marketing it? You change it for no good reason and you waste all of that just to get an inferior alternative.

A less awkward name would be the Australasian Rugby League. Some dinosaurs would have a problem with 'ARL' but it's the only simple term that is also accurate.

First you state that the logo shouldn't change because of the marketing effort put into it and in the next breath you claim that the NRL should change its name, which has even more brand value than a logo does.

The name NRL should stay and if the logo must change it should be an evolution, not a devolution to the ARL logo.

I hope they leave the logo as it is. I mean, not only does it share pure boganism with the Southern Cross on it, but it's excluding New Zealand out of the entire picture. Okay, I know it's the "NRL" and a few people think the Warriors shouldn't be in it, yet they're are both PNG and Fiji bids going around and it's an Australasian competition after all. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Big Sam

First Grade
I hope they leave the logo as it is. I mean, not only does it share pure boganism with the Southern Cross on it, but it's excluding New Zealand out of the entire picture. Okay, I know it's the "NRL" and a few people think the Warriors shouldn't be in it, yet they're are both PNG and Fiji bids going around and it's an Australasian competition after all. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

NZ has the Southern Cross on its flag too.

Timmah

Staff member
AGAIN!

The Southern Cross is NOT exclusively Australian!

bottle

Coach
Grammar Nazi Fail - my fav!

Lol. This is getting quite bizarre.

1) Moffo is correct (rare I know, that's probably what threw a few)
2) Newman was taking the piss
3) Clarency needed Newman's post in pink.
4) I'm getting confused.

Sorted

Last edited:

clarency

Juniors
I got thrown off by the grammar clusterf*ck that happened early on and completely missed the title.

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeiw.

Saint Doc

Coach
This thread has it all. It pretty much sums up LU. Bad spelling, bad reading, timmah swanning in lecturing on something he's told *everyone* a million times, bunniesderp making some ridiculous suggestion, Perth red saying we should imitate AFL. There's only one word missing...

Topball

Timmah

Staff member
You forgot a oneye pooping gif.

And Nemesis putting "LOL @ Dead V, slide of the league" in size 7 red font.

simostorm

Bench
i dont C Y U need to have perfec spellin wen evn wit poor gramer U can still figer outt what sum1 is sayin right?

Timmah

Staff member
I read "figer" as "finger". :lol:

"you can still finger out" *ahem*