What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Penrith Captain

Genius Freak

Juniors
Now that Gower has lost the captaincy, any tips on the new one?

Is Priddis still around? My pick is him.

thuganomics

Coach
Priddis should be the captain.

I don't think Penrith will have a great year next year. Lost a lot of players and now with the Gower saga. Reminds me similar of how the Knights season began before last year.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm guessing for that excate reason they'll go with a long term soultion.

Priddis can't have that many years left in him I think he is already on the wrong side of 30.

So why not go for a younger player who can keep the captaincy for a number of years and build on it, even moreso if the team isn't going to be one of the stronger sides in 2006.

cainen

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
I'm guessing for that excate reason they'll go with a long term soultion.

Priddis can't have that many years left in him I think he is already on the wrong side of 30.

So why not go for a younger player who can keep the captaincy for a number of years and build on it, even moreso if the team isn't going to be one of the stronger sides in 2006.

Priddo's 28 or 29. I don't think there are any other realistic options besides Puletua and Priddo. You may be right, they might pick Puletua seems he's contracted til 2009.

T

Juniors
waterhouse for me with a look to the future, but things certainly don't look great out penrith way

Stranger

Coach
Priddis will be the choice, but it dosn't matter, Gowie will still be the captain, Priddo is more of a figure head...

bartman

Immortal
I don't think it will disrupt them too much whoever is captain? Gower will still run the plays just like usually does. Priddis or Puletua seem to be the most senior options. I'd still be surprised to see them in the 8 at the end of this year, but stranger things have happened...

Quigs

Immortal
parra_panther said:
:lol:

Would have gone for Tony Brown myself.

What you've given Bobby Mara the flick already.

Tell you what we were lucky back in those days that alcohol didn't
interfere with their league life.

Cheers
Quigs

Pantherjim.

Referee
On Principle, I think a playmaker and an 80 min player should be captain.

That's why I prefer Priddo over Big "T" Priddo also seems to have the edge when it comes to leadership as well.

Latest posts