What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Penrith Captain

Pantherjim.

Referee
sooperdooper said:
they dont have to be a playmaker...
eg:
eels...cayless
cowboys...norton
storm...kearns was not sure who now.
roosters...ricko, now fitzy

Not disagreeing with you that you don't have to be a playmaker to be captain and It probably suits the aforementioned clubs style of play, however for us I think the captain should be a playmaker and an 80min player. Everyone seemed to take direction from Gowie in the past and I'm sure that Priddo would direct play quite well.

LESStar58

Referee
Who else can they have as captain? Priddis is the logical choice. WOn grand finals with Penrith and Brisbane, played Origin, played for Australia. He'll do well but how long does he bhave on the contract?

cainen

Juniors
Immortal said:
LOL @ the dumb bitch on TV saying Gower was hard done by

Who was it??

Preston is a great player but I don't think he has leadership qualities.

Pantherjim.

Referee
melon.... said:
Give it to Preston....the other merkins deserve jack.

As much as I like Presto, he's leaving us for the Gold Coast next year.

Giving it to Priddo might just be the added incentive he needs to stay with us beyond 2007.

melon....

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
As much as I like Presto, he's leaving us for the Gold Coast next year.

Giving it to Priddo might just be the added incentive he needs to stay with us beyond 2007.
Its temporary...Gower will get it back. Thats why Campbell.

Focal Point

Juniors
Eye_Shot_The_Sheriff said:
Gower is a worse captain then Ricko, which is saying something

Gower captained his side to a premiership in 2003.

Gee, terrible captaincy..........:roll:

ng_1981

Juniors
I don't think it matters who they give it too, face it all he'll be doing as captain is talking at the press conferences and tossing the coin...Gower will still lead them around the park whether he runs onto the field first or last.