What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Penrith Captain

Hurriflatch

Referee
Whjat about Aaron Barba

what ever happened to him anyway wasn't he meant to be better then Preston

sharkadelic

Juniors
Aaron Barba is with Broncos feeder club. Wing option that could score 146 tries a season but defended like Prestons runt brother.

I would back Priddis. Underrated and forgotten at Rep level. Leads by example. Big Tone spends too much time with doctors.

Nuke

Staff member
From a neutral point of view, I would go with Luke Priddis. He has that captain-look about him. It's also logical to have someone who leads the team around the park (a half or hooker) as captain.

sooperdooper

First Grade
it needs to go to a player who will be on the field regulary, i dont mean an 80 minute player but it cant be a player who is one for a week then out for fivr or six...
to me captaincy means alot to a club and an individual. need a player liked by the fans. i have come up with a list:
best candidate:
priddis
other candidates who have youth on there side for long term:
waterhouse
rooney
lewis
clinton

I don't think that Priddis sets a good "on-field" example,
Didn’t I hear on the Sunday Roast (correct me if I’m wrong) he is the most undisciplined player over the last three years, collecting the most penalties.

Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
I don't think that Priddis sets a good "on-field" example,
Didn’t I hear on the Sunday Roast (correct me if I’m wrong) he is the most undisciplined player over the last three years, collecting the most penalties.

Perhaps assuming the captaincy will help to curb some of the recklessness in Priddis' game.

I also believe Big T would make a suitable captain, but it's important that the captain stays on the field as much as possible, therefore I would lean towards Priddis.

I can't see Clinton as an option - at this time anyway - though he would be in a senior role at this point so he could well develop into a potential leader in the future.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Clinton, to me, doesnt seem to be a guy who would stick with the panthers if there was money somewhere else.
I say the smart money is on Priddis.
I wouldnt mind seeing it go to 'House though.
Does anyone else think that it might be Priddis until all this sh!t dies down then revert back to Gower next year or something - or is gowie gone for good as skipper?

x

Shark

Bench
Priddis for mine, for a number of reasons...

Mainly though, because he's gonna go for 80 minutes in most games. He's also in and around the play and the ruck all the time. And he seems to have a bit of a brain on him.

Puletua, Waterhouse and some of the other names mentioned have merit, but they aren't playmakers and they aren't always gonna be on the ground for 80 minutes a match.

Bit like making Stevo the captain at the Sharks in the last few years of his career with us. Early on he went 80, but not later.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Shark said:
Priddis for mine, for a number of reasons...

Mainly though, because he's gonna go for 80 minutes in most games. He's also in and around the play and the ruck all the time. And he seems to have a bit of a brain on him.

Puletua, Waterhouse and some of the other names mentioned have merit, but they aren't playmakers and they aren't always gonna be on the ground for 80 minutes a match.

Bit like making Stevo the captain at the Sharks in the last few years of his career with us. Early on he went 80, but not later.

they dont have to be a playmaker...
eg:
eels...cayless
cowboys...norton
storm...kearns was not sure who now.
roosters...ricko, now fitzy

innsaneink

Referee
Priddis doesnt seem to have such a good relationship with refs imo.....that could work against the Panthers as a whole, the captaincy could curb his play a bit and in fact tone him down, possibly be a negative...then again it could go the other way....who knows.
Darren Senter was hated by everyone, mainly refs....he got the (C) last year but he also had Sheens, a strict disciplinarian on his back....he managed to cut back the indiscretions without it affecting his play.

Big Mick

Referee
Priddis would be excellant.

He is a born leader....he plays at 150% and he is inspirational. You only have to watch the 2003 grand final to know what he can do...and also against the warriors in 2005.

He's a freak and when the big play needs to happen, its Priddis who steps up, thats why I would have him as captain.

steveshark

----
Priddis, extra responsibility will also reduce the silly penalties he gives away. Should go well, will lead by example.

Quigs

Immortal
The Mighty Panther said:
:lol:

Nice one Quigs.

I prefer Warren Fenton!!

Zivanovic, its got to be Zivanovic --- Go Lewie.

Maybe Sluggo Elliott

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts