What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

hewi

Bench
Liddell is on a one year contract only I believe. He was an Australian school boy player so can’t be all bad. That fact that McCullough appears to be retiring is a move in the right direction. Billy Burns and Moga on cheap money I also don’t have a problem with. Despite my reservations about Bird his last few games were good.

BLM01

First Grade
Liddell is on a one year contract only I believe. He was an Australian school boy player so can’t be all bad. That fact that McCullough appears to be retiring is a move in the right direction. Billy Burns and Moga on cheap money I also don’t have a problem with. Despite my reservations about Bird his last few games were good.
I am pretty sure Moga wont be re-signed?

denis preston

First Grade
tongue in cheek , but do we declare Burgess a new signing for 2023 because he was clearly under done recovering from his hip operation .. with a full preseason under his belt and fit he could be a nice bench player for us ..
Interesting that he is on minimal wage unless he plays certain number of NRL games So win win. What a bonus if he gets back to anywhere near his former form.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes, in my days when playing during my school years, teams were not graded by age but by weight.
I also poss. Under 7 stones , still I reckon there were a few ring-ins at times , as I remember being flatten by some over size monster and my teammates had to peel my carcass of the ground .

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
So, he is not good enough for the Warriors, and we should hurray and sign him. We lost Sims on 800k and might lose Su'A on 650k-700k and we replace one of these SOO players with this guy.

Give me a name like Haas or Fifita and you've got me interested.
I was being sarcastic mate. I agree with you mate

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Signing Liddle is more strategic than anything else. There's no confirmation Macca will retire, but injuries and realisation he's slipping behind is more the point. When Macca doesn't play, who have we drafted in to play hooker? Moose, Mbye and Bud, hardly what you'd call, apt replacements.

I think the real target is in '24, as far as hooker is concerned, Liddle is just a band-aid and my guess will play a lot of KOE Cup, but who knows, and as for young CM, he's a ways off yet.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Liddle is shown in Wikipedia to be a Dragon in 2023 -

Murchie is shown also to be a Dragon in Wikipedia but not like Liddle is being shown. Murchie is shown as being at the Storm for 2023 in brackets -

Neither have been confirmed on the Dragons website.
Maybe Murchie is not happening after all. Wikipedia was showing St George Illawarra earlier in the day , but is now showing Melbourne Storm in brackets in that spot. Who knows?

jak

Bench
I also poss. Under 7 stones , still I reckon there were a few ring-ins at times , as I remember being flatten by some over size monster and my teammates had to peel my carcass of the ground .
thanks for the insight mate was that the one hit to many

macnaz

Staff member
Liddle is a player ive been excited to see kick on . Injuries have definitely plagued his career but hopefully he can get a few stable years under his belt and reach his potential. He cops some flack for ill directed passes at times but i think thats due to those around him not being where they should rather then a poor pass.
To get the best out of him the forwards need to create momentum and that never happened at Weststigers , and he needs to have players share the defence load as he tackles his arse off until he is spent and that affects his stamina.
Good signing all round with potential to be one on the games best hookers if things align.

Illusion

Bench
Liddle is a player ive been excited to see kick on . Injuries have definitely plagued his career but hopefully he can get a few stable years under his belt and reach his potential. He cops some flack for ill directed passes at times but i think thats due to those around him not being where they should rather then a poor pass.
To get the best out of him the forwards need to create momentum and that never happened at Weststigers , and he needs to have players share the defence load as he tackles his arse off until he is spent and that affects his stamina.
Good signing all round with potential to be one on the games best hookers if things align.

"To get the best out of him the forwards need to create momentum" we'll that's us f**ked , and him ......

Dragon David

First Grade

I know that Liddle was much younger in this video clip, but I can certainly see that he has a good footy mind and does attack with a lot of speed. I think that he would be good for the club going forward and hope that he can put his injuries behind him.

A one year contract, possibly with an option I guess either way, to see what he can give us. I'm thinking that if he can play to his potential and hopefully can defend well, he might be the long term hooker at the club.