What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
A week into November and still nothing in regards to assembling a competitive team. You can't back up two more failed seasons by signing a couple more Tigers rejects and acting as if all is sweet.

At what point do we panic?
I think Ryan Webb said that new signings would be announced before preseason training started - so we have another week before we should officially panic!

since77

Juniors
A week into November and still nothing in regards to assembling a competitive team. You can't back up two more failed seasons by signing a couple more Tigers rejects and acting as if all is sweet.

Considering we look to be going into ‘23 with Griffin still in charge, likely McCullough playing dummy half and being at least 3-4 forwards short of a competitive pack, I guess you can start panicking now, unless you’re like me and already resigned to the fact that we will be woeful again in ‘23.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I think Ryan Webb said that new signings would be announced before preseason training started - so we have another week before we should officially panic!
They’re waiting for Flanno to return from the World Cup so he can make the big announcements. Like:
I’m out of here & heading to Manly and by the way we have a gun 29 year old from the UK 2nd division in the bag🤣😂

Gareth67

First Grade
They’re waiting for Flanno to return from the World Cup so he can make the big announcements. Like:
I’m out of here & heading to Manly and by the way we have a gun 29 year old from the UK 2nd division in the bag🤣😂
“ Oh ye of little faith ! “

I do not know if that s a quotation from the good book , but my Ethel saids it to me all the time . 🤔

Flanagan will probably come back with a few quality signings and then give Siebold a call and say that he has changed his mind. After 7 or 8 games he will become the new Dragon coach !

Stranger things have happened .

Dragon David

First Grade
You're flogging a dead horse Possm. The team resumed training today, Griffin isn't going anywhere in the short term!
Hasler isn't coming. Fifita isn't coming. I'm not coming!
Plenty at training today -

Hook amongst them in the huddle at training. Plenty of the young ones ripping in with a lot of running.

Crush

Coach

Depends what your expectations are?
The club are probably pretty confident that they can avoid bottom 4, that’s all that matters for them. I mean, we have Ben Hunt right?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

Hook amongst them in the huddle at training. Plenty of the young ones ripping in with a lot of running.
Would be nice if they could put some names under the photos, few faces i don't recognise, its the little things that make it easier..

Maddragon99

Juniors

Well at least Sloan & Sullivan were back at training.

You can only assume that the World Cup has something to do with the lack of signing announcements. I’m not sure why it would unless we haven’t actually finalised any yet. What a joke.

Parko1310

Juniors
Would be nice if they could put some names under the photos, few faces i don't recognise, its the little things that make it easier..
They didn’t say who they were because they haven’t announced the train and trial players yet. Pretty useless media work again. Anyway, both Haele and Sione Finau were in the photos. Then players like Alex lobb, Coric and I think shereb were in there.

Dragon David

First Grade
The club has announced the coaching staff for 2023 but I don't think they have selected the head of communications and media guy yet to replace Jack Brady who departed at the end of the 2022 season for a new opportunity at Ampol.

The Dragons website is still shit house so I can't wait for this new guy, whomever it could be, to get us interviews and updates once he is employed, on a regular basis.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The club has announced the coaching staff for 2023 but I don't think they have selected the head of communications and media guy yet to replace Jack Brady who departed at the end of the 2022 season for a new opportunity at Ampol.

The Dragons website is still shit house so I can't wait for this new guy, whomever it could be, to get us interviews and updates once he is employed, on a regular basis.
Finding a really good media person for our clown show is probably harder than finding a good front rower who wants to play under Hook!

Also I’m sure you meant he/she/it/they remember to be woke in your posts 🤣😂

thebigredv

First Grade

Honestly, good luck to the communications and media guy/gal who gets the gig...how is anyone meant to put a positive spin on the joint? Someone's about to walk into the worst job in rugby league.

How do you 'sell' a supposedly professional club which is more than happy to employ a coach they foreshadow sacking, and a club more than happy to simply go through the motions in an elite competition.