What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New signing Ikahihifo

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Dugan is one of the best fullbacks in the game and in no way should he be moved to accommodate anyone.If we need a centre /winger then go out and get them or develop a junior.Not rocket science.

V

Vasilevsky

Dugan is one of the best fullbacks in the game and in no way should he be moved to accommodate anyone.If we need a centre /winger then go out and get them or develop a junior.Not rocket science.

It's really not (rocket science) but obviously a lot of people posting on this forum are......... well they aren't rocket scientists, that's for sure. Most importantly, Mary won't be stupid enough to move Dugan in the absence of an absolutely superstar fullback coming through the grades and ready for first grade. But even then Mary will play him on the wing for a year before moving Dugan anywhere.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
What Dugan does best from FB, he can do from centre.

Actually You'll probably see Mann and Dugan shift positions during a game, depending on where we are on the field. Dugan might sit back at FB for kick returns, but then you might see Mann slotting in at FB with a sweeping play. It surely can't be that hard to sort out.

BennyV

Referee

Actually You'll probably see Mann and Dugan shift positions during a game, depending on where we are on the field. Dugan might sit back at FB for kick returns, but then you might see Mann slotting in at FB with a sweeping play. It surely can't be that hard to sort out.

Its a very obvious solution, isnt it! Dugan is fullback in defence and coming off our line, and he switches when we are in attacking zone. Not that difficult!

V

Vasilevsky

Why not have the whole team moving around to confuse the opposition? Benji can go to prop and Au Mau to centre and Widdop to the wing and Mann to centre. Who else? How about Frizzell to 5/8, JDB to half and Aitken to lock?

FFS, Dugan will and should be fullback! He is one of, if not the best fullback in the competition but he is an average centre. If Dufty or someone else we didn't expect turns out to be another RTS or Tedesco he will be on the wing next year and then the following year, Mary may consider moving Dugan.

hazzbeen

Bench
Why not have the whole team moving around to confuse the opposition? Benji can go to prop and Au Mau to centre and Widdop to the wing and Mann to centre. Who else? How about Frizzell to 5/8, JDB to half and Aitken to lock?

FFS, Dugan will and should be fullback! He is one of, if not the best fullback in the competition but he is an average centre. If Dufty or someone else we didn't expect turns out to be another RTS or Tedesco he will be on the wing next year and then the following year, Mary may consider moving Dugan.

Vasilevsky.....settle down mate you are very sure of your self that Dugan wont be moved.It could happen next year , if Mann does work out it could be a good thing . We need to try things especially in attack.... but either way it is good to have our opinions Keep up the good work with your posts....

Rex Terp

First Grade
I think people are going to be very surprised with Kurt Mann. I reckon he's going to be a gun.

Still very young, still under developed physically, but could very well be a starting centre in a premiership side this year....and we've got him.

He's not some struggler reserve grader.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors

As I said before comrade, don't post until after 8pm when you're full of vodka. That's when you make the most sense.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I agree i think he will be a gun in the years to come as well . I remember him in the under 20's at the knights and Bennett had a big wrap on him and Will Smith . I watched him play a few games for the Sunshine Coast at 5/8 ...He was easily the best on the field . He has a great passing and kicking game and knew when to run . A good level head on him as well.

V

Vasilevsky

As I said before comrade, don't post until after 8pm when you're full of vodka. That's when you make the most sense.

Whatever you say but Dugan will be fullback next year and he won't be swapping with Mann. Mann will struggle to remain in first grade. It seems to me some homies automatically expect players from more successful teams to move right into the Dragons.

Whatever you say but Dugan will be fullback next year and he won't be swapping with Mann. Mann will struggle to remain in first grade. It seems to me some homies automatically expect players from more successful teams to move right into the Dragons.

Mann has played state of origin for QLD at U/20s

Been good enough to warrant a place in the Melbourne backline even after having signed for Saints

Hunt, Green, Nabuli & Runciman have not been retained to make space in the squad to accommodate him.

Given our embarrassment of riches in the outside backs positions, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who do you feel will keep him out of first grade ?

Remember to add ice and stir

Given the fact that Mary feels Dugan is potentially a great centre, don't be surprised if he plays Mann at Full Back.

Adds great depth to the Backline in all positions.

V

Vasilevsky

Mann has played state of origin for QLD at U/20s

Been good enough to warrant a place in the Melbourne backline even after having signed for Saints

Hunt, Green, Nabuli & Runciman have not been retained to make space in the squad to accommodate him.

Given our embarrassment of riches in the outside backs positions, LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who do you feel will keep him out of first grade ?

Remember to add ice and stir

Just the fact that I haven 't seen any indication he will be a better centre than Matautai or Aitken, a better half than Benji or Widdop, not fast enough to be a good winger and most certainly, not even a shadow of Dugan as a fullback. If you can point to a specific (NRL) game where he has excelled in any of those positions, please point it out.

I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a good centre but any talk of him forcing our best player, and by far our best attacking player, out of his best and preferred position is madness. Makes me think some homies have been drinking too much vodka.

BennyV

Referee

Mann will 100% start in first grade next year mate. We arent buying him to play reggies. Its just a case of where.

Most likely, it will be left centre, pushing Mata'utia to the wing. Personally, I would put him at right centre, and do the old switcharoo with Duges when we are attacking the opposition line (Mann has the ball skills, footwork and awareness to play the sweeping role, and Duges has the power running game to crash over the top of pretty much any other outside back in the comp). Keep Mata'utia on the left

They did at the start of the year and no one would take him.

They should try again off load him to the SL even if they have to pay some of his contract.