What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New signing Ikahihifo

GC Dragon

Juniors
Not sure who is left Coast . Wasn't we after Kirisome Auva'a and Fai Fai Loa . Although the latter maybe just be a depth signing

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
There is no one else..........we have to make do with who we have. Also guys like Glymin, Dufty, Carr and Thompson need to be given a chance when injuries arise.

There is no one else..........we have to make do with who we have. Also guys like Glymin, Dufty, Carr and Thompson need to be given a chance when injuries arise.

This is our best option

Glymin is ready

Dufty should be given a taste of first grade as a winger. He has the speed to be outstanding.

Thompson and Carr are 2 seasons off

GC Dragon

Juniors
All for giving those 4 young blokes a go . Anybody know much about Topiese Taufa ? Watched him play left centre after Thompson was hurt . He played against the Bronco's and Titans and terrorized there outside backs. He is a big strong fast kid .

V

Vasilevsky

All for giving those 4 young blokes a go . Anybody know much about Topiese Taufa ? Watched him play left centre after Thompson was hurt . He played against the Bronco's and Titans and terrorized there outside backs. He is a big strong fast kid .

Mann may turn out ok. From what I have seen he is a depth signing but he may improve with age, some more weights work and under Mary's coaching. Lots of homies are saying he is really good in the QLD Cup. I know the NRL is (obviously) a big step up in class but I don't see how he can be so good one step lower and completely s**t in the NRL.

Unless he improves markedly he won't start in the centres ahead of Matautai or Aitken and the homies raving about moving Dugan from fullback to accommodate Mann are either having a laugh or are spectacularly mentally unstable.

giboz71

First Grade
Mann may turn out ok. From what I have seen he is a depth signing but he may improve with age, some more weights work and under Mary's coaching. Lots of homies are saying he is really good in the QLD Cup. I know the NRL is (obviously) a big step up in class but I don't see how he can be so good one step lower and completely s**t in the NRL.

Unless he improves markedly he won't start in the centres ahead of Matautai or Aitken and the homies raving about moving Dugan from fullback to accommodate Mann are either having a laugh or are spectacularly mentally unstable.

Until Dugan learns to pass the ball and can confidently set up his centres/wingers during set moves, questions about moving him will persist.

We won't compete with the top sides unless we have a fullback who can pass. Someone needs to teach him, like Bellamy did with Munster. Like Dugan, Munster had no passing game as well, but he learnt.

Dugan needs to do the same.

V

Vasilevsky

Until Dugan learns to pass the ball and can confidently set up his centres/wingers during set moves, questions about moving him will persist.

We won't compete with the top sides unless we have a fullback who can pass. Someone needs to teach him, like Bellamy did with Munster. Like Dugan, Munster had no passing game as well, but he learnt.

Dugan needs to do the same.

So you are still in favor of Kurt Mann playing fullback next year:??

giboz71

First Grade
So you are still in favor of Kurt Mann playing fullback next year:??

I'm in favour of trying different combinations. That's what offseason and trials are for.

All I know is, we're not going anywhere if we dish up the same attack next year.

V

Vasilevsky

I'm in favour of trying different combinations. That's what offseason and trials are for.

All I know is, we're not going anywhere if we dish up the same attack next year.

And moving Kurt Mann to fullback will make the Dragons attack better:??

rainman44

Bench
And moving Kurt Mann to fullback will make the Dragons attack better:??

Mann can ball play and if you look at the cowboys attack with Coote helping JT and Morgan out, makes there attack hard to read. Our attack is so predictable because of Dugan not being able to ball play.

V

Vasilevsky

Mann can ball play and if you look at the cowboys attack with Coote helping JT and Morgan out, makes there attack hard to read. Our attack is so predictable because of Dugan not being able to ball play.

So you think moving Kurt Mann to fullback would make the Dragons attack better:roll:?

hazzbeen

Bench
So you think moving Kurt Mann to fullback would make the Dragons attack better:roll:?

Yep cant be any worse than they have been, have to try something different...Duges is just a runner , can bust tackles not exceptionally fast so by playing in the centres he can do the same.....In saying that we need someone who can be a ball playing fullback otherwise leave him were he is..... As Duges slows up because he is not a ball player, this is just my opinion I think he will end up in the forwards...

The Nick

Bench
We don't need a ball playing fullback if our attack is structured around his running game. Dugan is our most threatening ball runner and we need him with the ball in hand as much as possible, both sides of the field. He's probably the best kick returner behind Inglis and his returns start our sets of 6 with good momentum.

Sticking him on one side of the field will limit our already one dimensional attack.

If he's good enough to play fullback for NSW (and win NSW player of the series BTW) then I'm pretty sure he's good enough to play fullback for the Dragons.

Our attacking structures are the problem, not Dugan.

hazzbeen

Bench
We don't need a ball playing fullback if our attack is structured around his running game. Dugan is our most threatening ball runner and we need him with the ball in hand as much as possible, both sides of the field. He's probably the best kick returner behind Inglis and his returns start our sets of 6 with good momentum.

Sticking him on one side of the field will limit our already one dimensional attack.

If he's good enough to play fullback for NSW (and win NSW player of the series BTW) then I'm pretty sure he's good enough to play fullback for the Dragons.

Our attacking structures are the problem, not Dugan.

How many tries did he score this year?.....If you dont have to worry about Duges passing to players when he has the ball in hand, The defence only has to worry about him...

The Nick

Bench
How many tries did he score this year?.....If you dont have to worry about Duges passing to players when he has the ball in hand, The defence only has to worry about him...

3rd highest in the NRL this season for kick return metres, all run metres, and tackle breaks.

2nd best ball runner in the game (behind Inglis). I think the opposition have every right to worry about Duges when he has the ball in hand. He doesn't need to be a ball player, just needs a ball player to give it to him.

Not to mention 2nd highest in the NRL for tries saved. As they say, a try saved is as good as a try scored.

Seems to me we have a pretty effective fullback on our books.

hazzbeen

Bench
3rd highest in the NRL this season for kick return metres, all run metres, and tackle breaks.

2nd best ball runner in the game (behind Inglis). I think the opposition have every right to worry about Duges when he has the ball in hand. He doesn't need to be a ball player, just needs a ball player to give it to him.

Not to mention 2nd highest in the NRL for tries saved. As they say, a try saved is as good as a try scored.

Seems to me we have a pretty effective fullback on our books.

Im glad your happy Nick, I am also happy to have him there, I am not knocking the guy he puts in every week all Im saying if we can get someone to play fullback that has a a good football brain , I think the team can benefit with Dugan in the centres.....Either way we have Duges in our team and thats a good thing....