What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Haha not the afl again. How on earth will rl survive with only 3 seq clubs against afls 1?

AwFuL has two teams in SEQ you dope.

Didn't you say a Perth-based NRL team will fail if its colours aren't red, gold and black?

Didn't you chuck a tanty over the Dolphins using those colours in their alternate kit?

I love the positivity but it’s way too soon

the dolphins are still setting down roots

a 3rd Brisbane club is only a matter of time though
Despite the shit I say about Perth, I won't be unhappy if they get the 18th or 19th licence. I just don't buy into the bullshit propoganda about it being one of the biggest clubs in the NRL. We need to keep it real and not become delusional like the soccer and fumbleball flogs.

Wb1234

Referee
Despite the shit I say about Perth, I won't be unhappy if they get the 18th or 19th licence. I just don't buy into the bullshit propoganda about it being one of the biggest clubs in the NRL. We need to keep it real and not become delusional like the soccer and fumbleball flogs.
Without the bears they would be the smallest club in the league and face decades to get established

Without the bears they would be the smallest club in the league and face decades to get established
That is true. NRL doesn't have a draft to even the playing field for prospective teams in Adelaide and Perth. It's why News Ltd and ARL poured $100m into the Storm over 20 years and gave them every leg up under the sun. There's no way they can do that for Melbourne and Perth. Unfortunately, the only way for Perth is via the Bears or some other brand from the heartland.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Brisbane tiger sharks Ready made team.

1 home game at cronullas newly named tiger shark park against the dragons.
Seriously if the Sharks went broke again the NRL would only save them again for like the 4th time anyways.
They nearly have as many lives as the Gold Coast, how can these Sharks supporters bag the Bears and call them failures and losers, the Bears never ever got balled out by the NRL.

Wb1234

Referee
Seriously if the Sharks went broke again the NRL would only save them again for like the 4th time anyways.
They nearly have as many lives as the Gold Coast, how can these Sharks supporters bag the Bears and call them failures and losers, the Bears never ever got balled out by the NRL.
Greenberg came very close to relocating them to Perth

but they have said if they go broke again they have to move

4th lucky I guess

Vlad59

Juniors
Wow the dummies are off tonight. It’s a cacophony of stupidity. Turd Potter, Donk Head and the Wippet.

Again with your lies.
NRL survival grants:
Sharks =0
Bears = $8 million to merge, failed at that and got kicked out.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Again with your lies.
NRL survival grants:
Sharks =0
Bears = $8 million to merge, failed at that and got kicked out.
Sharks have been given grants, early payments on TV rights deals, Super League payments, even cashed in on their own development of Shark Park.
Seriously it sounds like asking your Boss for an advance on your wage.
You only have to Google Sharks financial woes and pages upon pages come up.

docbrown

Coach
If Super League had never happened, the ARL would have forced the relocation of a bunch of Sydney teams. Bears and Sharks would likely both had been relocated.

Vlad59

Juniors
If Super League had never happened, the ARL would have forced the relocation of a bunch of Sydney teams. Bears and Sharks would likely both had been relocated.
I chatted to John grant over a decade ago. He cited the Sharks and Sea Eagles. That was around 2011. It was an off hand comment over dinner.

Latest posts