What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Omnishark2

Juniors
Is getting Cronk better than keeping Maloney ? I don't see any distinct advantage

Completely agree : in 2018 Maloney >>> Cronk !

Cronk will not come for less than $1M - if at all - and would only be here for 2018 anyway.
Flanno came out publicly with his formula of the top x players taking 40% of the cap - how would that be looking better with Cronk replacing Maloney?

I just don't get Flanno's public slapdowns of Maloney - it will cost us more to get a replacement, with lesser skills & leadership than Jimmy. Just upgrade Jimmy to $900k, problem solved. Stop faffing about Flanno, swallow your pride & get it done.

Ads

First Grade
Completely agree : in 2018 Maloney >>> Cronk !

Cronk will not come for less than $1M - if at all - and would only be here for 2018 anyway.
Flanno came out publicly with his formula of the top x players taking 40% of the cap - how would that be looking better with Cronk replacing Maloney?

I just don't get Flanno's public slapdowns of Maloney - it will cost us more to get a replacement, with lesser skills & leadership than Jimmy. Just upgrade Jimmy to $900k, problem solved. Stop faffing about Flanno, swallow your pride & get it done.
Yep. Backwards move in many ways. Max 1 year left in him, huge money and most likely not suited to partner with Chad.

sladden road

Juniors
Im a Cronk fan, but he is a organiser and a football brain. Jimmy is a runner and a football brain.
I just cant see Cronk playing against Melbourne. It would be interesting to see him play in BWB though.
I am a big BBQ fan but reading between the lines we are long odds of him staying here. I reckon its contract length after this one that will undo us.Max I reckon he gets here is 2 extra years.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Is getting Cronk better than keeping Maloney ? I don't see any distinct advantage

Less penalties.
More SOO and Intl experience.
2nd best game manager in the NRL after C Smith.
Higher profile.
Better mentor for K Flanagan
Inside knowledge of Storm systems.
TPAs.

eddiesmith

Juniors
Absolutely

Look at the age difference!

Yep, he is younger, he has won more premierships, is our goal kicker and he knows us. It means we don't have to waste time getting another playmaker used to how we play and our players strengths.

That's the biggest downside to bringing in a 1 year only player. Might be worth a gamble for a side that just falls short and needs something, but we are at the top of our game and I don't see how swapping out Maloney for Cronk helps.

Plus who kicks for us if Maloney goes?

sandshark

Bench
Perhaps Flanno is looking at bringing in Cronk to help develop the younger Flan for 2019-2020?

But I don't see how you'd want to throw away Maloney for Cronk considering the age difference, not to mention that Cronk has had Smith and Slater with him for his entire career.
He pulls great kicking attacks out of his ass every now and then but I am still not sold on him.
He has left it a little too late in his career to prove himself elsewhere.

shaggs

Coach
If Maloney really wants out and the worst we do is have Cronk to replace him, it ain't all bad.

If Maloney goes and we end up with Brock lamb, then we is f**ked

In the end, lyall and Shane won't release a player without having an equal replacement
Same as leutele situation

Huge difference there. Loots has nowhere to go, that he wants to go to. ie Broncs or Tits.
Jimmy has 1 massive offer & another coming. We cant pay +$1 mil for 3 years. Maybe 1, then see what the market tosses up after that. Fast, running 5/8's are a bit scarce.

snout

First Grade
That's alright, Cronullas biggest fan Paul Kent says Cronulla is 9th out of the 9 Sydney clubs on Cronks preferred club list
ha...cronk would be keeping Kent up to date daily with his preferences...lol

the premiers would be last?....who's top of the list -Tigers?

Inferno

Coach
Can't see them booting Pearce and Keary has more than settled in at 5/8 there.

I think we must be close to the cap for 2018, I can't imagine we'd be able to get Cronk for similar money to what Maloney is on.

Latest posts