What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

MilkShark

First Grade
It's dangerous buying players from clubs like Broncos, storm, manly a few years ago. Average players can look like superstars in these teams.

Weaponhead

Coach
Some big decisions for the recruitment staff in regenerating the pack over the next 2 years. Replacing Heino, Gallen and Lewis will need some smart decisions.

Letting Heino go makes sense. If they re-sign Lewis on a reduced contract then that's good business right now. Bringing in a couple of high potential forwards to learn next to the veterans next season would be good.

Card Shark

Immortal
Some big decisions for the recruitment staff in regenerating the pack over the next 2 years. Replacing Heino, Gallen and Lewis will need some smart decisions.

Letting Heino go makes sense.

Agree, he's the odd 1 out.

If Lewis or Gal were to leave / hang up the boots, I'd retain him though. Love his attitude & go forward, for a smaller man.

Weaponhead

Coach
Agree, he's the odd 1 out.

If Lewis or Gal were to leave / hang up the boots, I'd retain him though. Love his attitude & go forward, for a smaller man.

Agree. Heino has been great for us. A real pro who lifts the energy and has the smarts to use footwork to make yards and quick ptb.

Having 3 or 4 starters go from the pack at the same time would be hard to manage. Our premiership window is open but the hard choice will be how to keep it open for a few years whilst refreshing the pack. Ricky Stuart tried to keep the window open at Easts and didn't rebuild and it cost him the job.

Card Shark

Immortal
The Mr Cricket of our squad...love how he leads the victory chant & has his 3 cheers at the end for special occasions.

Isn't it great to hear that song every week.

Born BB&W

Juniors
On the song thing they get paid enough to learn the song - and sing it properly as opposed to their tub thumping version.

cb4

First Grade

Letting Heino go makes sense. If they re-sign Lewis on a reduced contract then that's good business right now. Bringing in a couple of high potential forwards to learn next to the veterans next season would be good.

Lewis is tossing up a low 1 year deal with us, or a rich 2 year deal in Newcastle.
That is how bad Newcastle is going.

We have targets lined up, negotiations on going.
Ball is in their court.

Genius Freak

Juniors
On the song thing they get paid enough to learn the song - and sing it properly as opposed to their tub thumping version.

I'd rather they practiced scoring tries and defending the line so we can keep our winning streak alive. I am happy to sing the song in their stead.

chewsta

First Grade
Im sure they all know the song. The only time they are asked about it is when they are being interviewed solo and asked if they can sing it on the spot. Who is going to agree to that?

Card Shark

Immortal
They need to take a leaf out of the GWS book,

Buy the best young players in the game & wait patiently.

Lewis won't help their problems.

I'd hate to see him go there & finish his career as a loser.

shaggs

Coach
Cb's boyfriend t-Rex is playing really well off the bench. Running with power and speed. See if he can put two Good games in row.